Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-03

Hi Sean,

Im having a small issue with the download feature. Everything works great most of the time i know which addons work with it and which dont. However sometimes i will follow the download procedure all the way. Ill get the box that says you you want to stop playing and download instead. I click yes. Then a blank gray box comes up and the movie keeps playing. After that it seems super favorites crashes and I get no content when I go to any addon. I have to restart to get it working again.
Do you need a regular log or a debug log??

Regards

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 16:49)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Sean,

Im having a small issue with the download feature. Everything works great most of the time i know which addons work with it and which dont. However sometimes i will follow the download procedure all the way. Ill get the box that says you you want to stop playing and download instead. I click yes. Then a blank gray box comes up and the movie keeps playing. After that it seems super favorites crashes and I get no content when I go to any addon. I have to restart to get it working again.
Do you need a regular log or a debug log??

Regards

Can you enable debugging in SF only (1st page in settings)

What OS and Kodi version are you on?

Also, are you in a position to make minor changes to the code if I tell you what to change?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-03

I will enable debugging in SF. I'm using win7. I am very able to modify code yes. I will do a log. I might have to PM the log Smile

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 20:52)ed_davidson Wrote: I will enable debugging in SF. I'm using win7. I am very able to modify code yes. I will do a log. I might have to PM the log Smile

I've looked at the code and can't really see any issues.

Saying that, I've had Jarvis lock up quite a lot on me on many different occasion, I get the feeling it isn't that stable tbh

Also can you make sure you're running RC2 of Jarvis?

Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - kilimanjaro - 2016-04-03

Not that its related to super favourites but I've had lock ups on jarvis ( openelec 6.9.5) on like every fifth movie, I reverted back to Gotham till it's in stable release, so yeah could be jarvis. Why not do a seperate install on pre jarvis and try the same addons?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-03

Ive PM'd you a log.

(2016-04-03, 21:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 20:52)ed_davidson Wrote: I will enable debugging in SF. I'm using win7. I am very able to modify code yes. I will do a log. I might have to PM the log Smile

I've looked at the code and can't really see any issues.

Saying that, I've had Jarvis lock up quite a lot on me on many different occasion, I get the feeling it isn't that stable tbh

Also can you make sure you're running RC2 of Jarvis?

Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback?

I'm using RC2 Jarvis. OS Win7.
Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback? NO it does not. ONLY if you stop playback.
Another Log PM'd (Kodi2.log)
Thanks

I can confirm that all addons work as long as playback is NOT stopped to download. Once it starts downloading you can then stop the playback if you wish.

It works awesome as long as you follow the steps.

Regards

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - EdT586 - 2016-04-04

Using Super Favorites v1.0.49.1, I cannot rename a Super Folder once I give it a tile with French accents using the AZWERTY keyboard.
I get an error message "Super Favorites error - Check the log for information"
I tried switching back to the English QWERTY keyboard, but still I get the same error message.
Anyway to solve this issue ?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-04

(2016-04-04, 22:37)EdT586 Wrote: Using Super Favorites v1.0.49.1, I cannot rename a Super Folder once I give it a tile with French accents using the AZWERTY keyboard.
I get an error message "Super Favorites error - Check the log for information"
I tried switching back to the English QWERTY keyboard, but still I get the same error message.
Anyway to solve this issue ?

Did this only start in 1.0.49.1?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - oksauce - 2016-04-05

Hi Spoyser.. OMG.. his was driving me nuts for a 2 years!!

thank you for this very simple solution, needed for a very simple minded man like me!,

best regards and really appreciate this wonderful add-on

best.

(2016-02-07, 17:13)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 23:51)dontel Wrote: hello Spoyser, great addon, but i have a problem: when i go back from a favorite it doesn't back to the SF folder its go first to the video root folder then i need to press back again to get back to the SF folder.
i tried to solve it by deleting the 10025 from the line ActivateWindow(10025, ;plugin://plugin.video.genesis/?action=tvshows&... in the favourites.xml file
it worked but it disabled all of the views and the movie information.
if you don't understand what i mean i recorded the problem in this video: https://youtu.be/-7mhAZzABkQ

please help me to solve this problem.

When you initially launch SF do it from the Videos menu, not the programs menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - xTyD23x - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-02, 12:40)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 01:09)xTyD23x Wrote: Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I was thinking about a specific feature that may be useful to a lot of people. It is great how the SF menu is customizable, but it would be even more powerful if you could add menu items that were links to your created SF folders. To take it a step further, it would be cool to be able to add a custom path as a menu item as well. If this already exists, could someone kindly tell me how to do this?

Thanks Spoyser for all your work on this project. It truly is one of the most useful addons available!

Its not quite what you want but the Quicklaunch option can be used to get quick access via the context menu.

It's particularly useful for activating Super Favourite items whilst in another addon.

Eg sometimes I'll find something in YouTube that turns out to be geolocked. So from the SF Quicklaunch menu I start up a vpn and then trigger the YouTube item again without ever leaving the YouTube addon.

I was thinking of extending the Quicklaunch menu to allow a specific Quicklaunch folder to be used as the starting point rather than the root of SF, this would then more or less give you what you want.

Don't forget you can also copy and paste Super Folders as simple links into other folders within Super Favourites.

Thanks! I will play around with this, because I've never copy and pasted Super Folders like you suggested. Thanks for all your hard work AND SUPPORT on this!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-04-05

(2016-02-07, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: When you initially launch SF do it from the Videos menu, not the programs menu.

Will this also act as fix if making Kodi Favourites to use as skin shortcuts?

And if this is the fix what do you think about stopping SF from showing up in the programs menu in the first place?

I think all my SF setup has been made via the programs menu.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-04-05

(2016-03-26, 21:42)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 21:21)jmh2002 Wrote: - Long press in an Addon Info Screen causes the SF Global Menu to pop up for a moment, but then it disappears again.
- Long press in the OTTV EPG doesn't seem to do anything

- With SF Global Menu disabled in settings, unfortunately no the Global Menu does not appear via the OSD button. Instead the video is put into the background and shows an empty (play) list type window (ie: normal 2 finger tap type behaviour).

Cheers for that.

I'll see if I can think of a way to make it also work if disabled in settings.

Any more thoughts on this Spoyser? It would be nice not to need to have the global menu enabled for normal kodi use Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 09:23)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: When you initially launch SF do it from the Videos menu, not the programs menu.

Will this also act as fix if making Kodi Favourites to use as skin shortcuts?

And if this is the fix what do you think about stopping SF from showing up in the programs menu in the first place?

I think all my SF setup has been made via the programs menu.

Not sure what you mean about skin shortcuts

Why would I not want SF in my programs menu? It isn't all about video.

You can manually edit a SF item via the Edit Super Favourites menu item, select Manual Edit Favourite (last item I think in the menu), then just change the Window ID to the one you want (10025 is the video window)