Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 09:31)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 21:42)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 21:21)jmh2002 Wrote: - Long press in an Addon Info Screen causes the SF Global Menu to pop up for a moment, but then it disappears again.
- Long press in the OTTV EPG doesn't seem to do anything

- With SF Global Menu disabled in settings, unfortunately no the Global Menu does not appear via the OSD button. Instead the video is put into the background and shows an empty (play) list type window (ie: normal 2 finger tap type behaviour).

Cheers for that.

I'll see if I can think of a way to make it also work if disabled in settings.

Any more thoughts on this Spoyser? It would be nice not to need to have the global menu enabled for normal kodi use Smile

Yep, got it working but just have a few other things to change before releasing.

(2016-04-03, 23:17)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 21:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 20:52)ed_davidson Wrote: I will enable debugging in SF. I'm using win7. I am very able to modify code yes. I will do a log. I might have to PM the log Smile

I've looked at the code and can't really see any issues.

Saying that, I've had Jarvis lock up quite a lot on me on many different occasion, I get the feeling it isn't that stable tbh

Also can you make sure you're running RC2 of Jarvis?

Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback?

I'm using RC2 Jarvis. OS Win7.
Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback? NO it does not. ONLY if you stop playback.
Another Log PM'd (Kodi2.log)
Thanks

Log didn't help, and tbh this is definitely a Kodi issue and there is only one line of code being called differently when you say Yes on the dialog (that line being xbmc.Player().stop(), and since the video isn't actually stopping it must be Kodi itself locking up). Although I will see if I can somehow work around the issue (calling stop in a separate thread perhaps).

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 14:40)spoyser Wrote: Yep, got it working but just have a few other things to change before releasing.

THANKS so much, I look forward to it in due course Smile

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 14:44)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 23:17)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 21:03)spoyser Wrote: I've looked at the code and can't really see any issues.

Saying that, I've had Jarvis lock up quite a lot on me on many different occasion, I get the feeling it isn't that stable tbh

Also can you make sure you're running RC2 of Jarvis?

Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback?

I'm using RC2 Jarvis. OS Win7.
Also does it do it if you say No to stopping the current playback? NO it does not. ONLY if you stop playback.
Thanks

Log didn't help, and tbh this is definitely a Kodi issue and there is only one line of code being called differently when you say Yes on the dialog (that line being xbmc.Player().stop(), and since the video isn't actually stopping it must be Kodi itself locking up). Although I will see if I can somehow work around the issue (calling stop in a separate thread perhaps).

Thanks Sean, everything works fine as long as you don't stop playback at the dialogue box. You are then free to stop playback after it starts downloading.

Regards.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - EdT586 - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-04, 23:24)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 22:37)EdT586 Wrote: Using Super Favorites v1.0.49.1, I cannot rename a Super Folder once I give it a tile with French accents using the AZWERTY keyboard.
I get an error message "Super Favorites error - Check the log for information"
I tried switching back to the English QWERTY keyboard, but still I get the same error message.
Anyway to solve this issue ?

Did this only start in 1.0.49.1?

I don't really know since I only started using the AZWERTY keyboard with v1.0.49.1.
Any help would be appreciated, don't really want to delete a huge folder full of links just for a name change.

(2016-04-05, 19:10)EdT586 Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 23:24)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 22:37)EdT586 Wrote: Using Super Favorites v1.0.49.1, I cannot rename a Super Folder once I give it a tile with French accents using the AZWERTY keyboard.
I get an error message "Super Favorites error - Check the log for information"
I tried switching back to the English QWERTY keyboard, but still I get the same error message.
Anyway to solve this issue ?

Did this only start in 1.0.49.1?

I don't really know since I only started using the AZWERTY keyboard with v1.0.49.1.
Any help would be appreciated, don't really want to delete a huge folder full of links just for a name change.

Will have to take a look. Can you let me know what is the name of the folder causing problems?

In the meantime if you can browse the filesystem go to the Super Folder location, by default this is located here:

Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\Super Favourites

In there you will see the same folder structure as your Super Folders, you should then be able to rename it using the OS tools.

(2016-04-05, 15:29)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 14:44)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-03, 23:17)ed_davidson Wrote: I'm using RC2 Jarvis. OS Win7.
Thanks

Thanks Sean, everything works fine as long as you don't stop playback at the dialogue box. You are then free to stop playback after it starts downloading.

Regards.

The main problem is that some hosts only allow one connections from the same IP, so you have to stop the stream before starting playback.

Can you try editing the file called capture.py find this

Code:
if utils.DialogYesNo(GETTEXT(30243), GETTEXT(30244)):  
    xbmc.Player().stop()

And change to

Code:
    xbmc.executebuiltin('Action(Stop)')

(2016-04-05, 19:50)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 19:10)EdT586 Wrote:
(2016-04-04, 23:24)spoyser Wrote: Did this only start in 1.0.49.1?

Will have to take a look. Can you let me know what is the name of the folder causing problems?

In the meantime if you can browse the filesystem go to the Super Folder location, by default this is located here:

In there you will see the same folder structure as your Super Folders, you should then be able to rename it using the OS tools.

Thanks for prompt reply ....much appreciated !

It is just any generic folder I created as a Super Folder not any folder in particular. The problem only surfaces when I use character(s) from the AZQWERTY character keyboard menu, it does not seem to be a problem when using regular alphabet letters, but will when I use characters such as á, à, ç, é, è, etc... The Super Folder will take the name I give it, but the moment you want to do a rename it gives an error message.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-05

(2016-04-05, 21:30)EdT586 Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 19:50)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 19:10)EdT586 Wrote: I don't really know since I only started using the AZWERTY keyboard with v1.0.49.1.

It is just any generic folder I created as a Super Folder not any folder in particular. The problem only surfaces when I use character(s) from the AZQWERTY character keyboard menu, it does not seem to be a problem when using regular alphabet letters, but will when I use characters such as á, à, ç, é, è, etc... The Super Folder will take the name I give it, but the moment you want to do a rename it gives an error message.

Can you confirm everything works okay, ie items in the folders launch okay, also can you rename "normally" named items in the folders?

So it is just renaming that fails?

(2016-04-05, 21:37)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 21:30)EdT586 Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 19:50)spoyser Wrote: Will have to take a look. Can you let me know what is the name of the folder causing problems?

Can you confirm everything works okay, ie items in the folders launch okay, also can you rename "normally" named items in the folders?

Yes everything seems to work as normal, the only other thing I noticed was that if you want to delete the Super Folder with names with the accented characters you have to try it two or more times before it deletes, it will throw an error message for deleting the Super Folder the first time, but will delete after a second try.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-06

Freakin Awesome. Works like a charm. Almost looks like a force close of the window. Tried it on 2 addons, Confirming that I stopped playback to download.

THANKS Smile

(2016-04-05, 20:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 15:29)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 14:44)spoyser Wrote: Log didn't help, and tbh this is definitely a Kodi issue and there is only one line of code being called differently when you say Yes on the dialog (that line being xbmc.Player().stop(), and since the video isn't actually stopping it must be Kodi itself locking up). Although I will see if I can somehow work around the issue (calling stop in a separate thread perhaps).

Regards.

The main problem is that some hosts only allow one connections from the same IP, so you have to stop the stream before starting playback.

Code:
    xbmc.Player().stop()

And change to

Code:

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Bdworak - 2016-04-07

So I have a question and apologies if it has been answered before.. Currently when using isearch when I add a query such as avengers for example it returns me a list of addons. I then have to click on each addon to get results. Is there a way just to display all the hits among all addons?

also when I try to create a shortcut to isearch with the query filled in it does not keep. The shortcut just brings me to isearch and keyboard. Is there anyway to pass along the search string?

Thanks for all your hard work it is an awesome addon..

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-08

(2016-04-07, 02:37)Bdworak Wrote: So I have a question and apologies if it has been answered before.. Currently when using isearch when I add a query such as avengers for example it returns me a list of addons. I then have to click on each addon to get results. Is there a way just to display all the hits among all addons?

Not really, I think that is a waste of resources as that could potentially hit 20 different addons, looking for something that you know is only in one.

(2016-04-07, 02:37)Bdworak Wrote: also when I try to create a shortcut to isearch with the query filled in it does not keep. The shortcut just brings me to isearch and keyboard. Is there anyway to pass along the search string?

Thanks for all your hard work it is an awesome addon..

How are you creating the shortcut? You should be able to right-click (context menu) an item in iSearch and select Add to Kodi Favourites. From there you can add it back to SF (easiest way to do that is explore Kodi favourites from within SF and copy and paste the items into SF). If you select the Search Term you will get an item that pre-fills iSearch with that search term, if you select one of the addons you will get an item that performs the search in that addon.

Also make sure you are running the latest version from my repo 1.0.50 (the one in the org is massively out of date)

(2016-04-06, 05:30)ed_davidson Wrote: Freakin Awesome. Works like a charm. Almost looks like a force close of the window. Tried it on 2 addons, Confirming that I stopped playback to download.

THANKS Smile

(2016-04-05, 20:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 15:29)ed_davidson Wrote: Thanks Sean, everything works fine as long as you don't stop playback at the dialogue box. You are then free to stop playback after it starts downloading.

Regards.

Code:
    xbmc.Player().stop()

And change to

Code:

Thanks for confirming, will go into next release.

(2016-04-05, 22:39)EdT586 Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 21:37)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-05, 21:30)EdT586 Wrote: Thanks for prompt reply ....much appreciated !

Yes everything seems to work as normal, the only other thing I noticed was that if you want to delete the Super Folder with names with the accented characters you have to try it two or more times before it deletes, it will throw an error message for deleting the Super Folder the first time, but will delete after a second try.

Just tried it and it seems fine at my end, can you make sure you are running the latest version of SF 1.0.50 from my repo, see if that helps.