Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - dynamic2 - 2016-04-08

Hi Spoyser, with the last SF i cant get a folder to lock anymore

the follow error i get:

Code:
11:06:14 T:2504119360   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'getText' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/default.py", line 2801, in <module>
                                                doRefresh = editFolder(path, name)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/default.py", line 1161, in editFolder
                                                locking.add(path, name)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/locking.py", line 34, in add
                                                password = getText(title, text='', hidden=True)
                                            NameError: global name 'getText' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-08

(2016-04-08, 11:15)dynamic2 Wrote: Hi Spoyser, with the last SF i cant get a folder to lock anymore

the follow error i get:

Code:
11:06:14 T:2504119360   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'getText' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/default.py", line 2801, in <module>
                                                doRefresh = editFolder(path, name)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/default.py", line 1161, in editFolder
                                                locking.add(path, name)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/locking.py", line 34, in add
                                                password = getText(title, text='', hidden=True)
                                            NameError: global name 'getText' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Looks like a bug, leave it with me

Edit
Fixed and pushed in 1.0.51

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-09

(2016-04-05, 09:31)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 21:42)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-03-26, 21:21)jmh2002 Wrote: - Long press in an Addon Info Screen causes the SF Global Menu to pop up for a moment, but then it disappears again.
- Long press in the OTTV EPG doesn't seem to do anything

- With SF Global Menu disabled in settings, unfortunately no the Global Menu does not appear via the OSD button. Instead the video is put into the background and shows an empty (play) list type window (ie: normal 2 finger tap type behaviour).

Cheers for that.

I'll see if I can think of a way to make it also work if disabled in settings.

Any more thoughts on this Spoyser? It would be nice not to need to have the global menu enabled for normal kodi use Smile

Code:
xbmc.runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/LaunchSFMenu.py

Will launch the SF menu regardless of SF settings - so can be used in scripts, buttons, other addons, etc to launch the SF menu

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-04-09

That's awesome, thank you very much! Nod I tested and can confirm it's all working ok on my side.

Just one question, I see that any SF menu that pop up now seem to have there own skin (not sure what the right word is). I mean it now looks different to the standard context menu pop up. Is this correct?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-09

(2016-04-09, 22:05)jmh2002 Wrote: That's awesome, thank you very much! Nod I tested and can confirm it's all working ok on my side.

Just one question, I see that any SF menu that pop up now seem to have there own skin (not sure what the right word is). I mean it now looks different to the standard context menu pop up. Is this correct?

From memory I think the menus looks like confluence if you are running confluence, otherwise they look like Estuary.

Although I could be wrong lol

I'm running Xonfluence, and the latest update seems to cause the menus to look like Estuary instead of Confluence.

But this isnt the case with v1.0.49.1.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-09

(2016-04-09, 22:36)jmh2002 Wrote: I'm running Xonfluence, and the latest update seems to cause the menus to look like Estuary instead of Confluence.

But this isnt the case with v1.0.49.1.

Yep, it would.

Would it be better to make it a setting?

Yes it would be nice if that could be possible please Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Warez - 2016-04-10

I was just wondering what is this option;:

- added LaunchSFMenu script <---?
usage: xbmc.runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/LaunchSFMenu.py)
use to launch the Super Favourites global menu from skins, other addons, custom buttons, etc

Is this the superfavo contex menu?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-10

(2016-04-10, 01:01)Warez Wrote: I was just wondering what is this option;:

usage: xbmc.runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/LaunchSFMenu.py)
use to launch the Super Favourites global menu from skins, other addons, custom buttons, etc

Yes exactly that, you can use that command to launch the menu, eg thru a custom keymap, or even another addon

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-10

(2016-04-10, 16:36)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-10, 01:01)Warez Wrote: I was just wondering what is this option;:

Yes exactly that, you can use that command to launch the menu, eg thru a custom keymap, or even another addon

Hi Sean, would it be possible to attach a Download button to the standard context menu, that way I don't have to have the global menu enabled.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-04-10

It already means you don't need to have the SF Global menu enabled. Spoyser started looking into it after I asked about different possibilities to utilise the OSD button in Xonfluence. See my earlier post, I tested it, it works.

Just change the code for your Xonfluence button to the new LaunchSFMenu script and disable SF Global (or not, depending on your other needs).

Smile

PS: thanks again Sean, this is awesome.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-10

You can't program the OSD button with CCM Helix.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - braz - 2016-04-16

Hi spoyser,

I finally got around to trying Super Favourites again, great addon! I found one issue when testing with Kodi 17 and I have a couple of feature requests.

When showing the Super Favourites menu item on the context menu, it doesn't work with dynamically filled lists. In the screenshot below, I have a games widget that is filled by a SF folder. Clicking the Super Favourites Menu doesn't bring up the addon context menu (it doesn't do anything).

Is it possible to add just the "Add to Super Favourites" item to the Kodi context menu? If not, any tips for creating a context menu addon that would do this?

I noticed the SF skin files are named contextmenu.xml, etc. Any chance you can rename them to script-super-favourites-contextmenu.xml, for example? That would make it much easier for skinners to recognize them when/if they customize them.

Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - braz - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: When showing the Super Favourites menu item on the context menu, it doesn't work with dynamically filled lists. In the screenshot below, I have a games widget that is filled by a SF folder. Clicking the Super Favourites Menu doesn't bring up the addon context menu (it doesn't do anything).
After doing some more testing, I see this isn't entirely true. I had turned off a lot of the menu options, so nothing was showing. If quicklaunch (and maybe other options) is enabled, the menu will show. If only "Add to Super Favourites" is enabled, nothing is shown.

Also, I noticed when inside the Super Favourites program, there is a "Super Favourites Menu" item at the bottom of the context menu.This doesn't seem to do anything, should it?