Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: Hi spoyser,

I finally got around to trying Super Favourites again, great addon! I found one issue when testing with Kodi 17 and I have a couple of feature requests.

When showing the Super Favourites menu item on the context menu, it doesn't work with dynamically filled lists. In the screenshot below, I have a games widget that is filled by a SF folder. Clicking the Super Favourites Menu doesn't bring up the addon context menu (it doesn't do anything).

After doing some more testing, I see this isn't entirely true. I had turned off a lot of the menu options, so nothing was showing. If quicklaunch (and maybe other options) is enabled, the menu will show. If only "Add to Super Favourites" is enabled, nothing is shown.

Can you explain how you created the list and I'll take a look.

(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: Is it possible to add just the "Add to Super Favourites" item to the Kodi context menu? If not, any tips for creating a context menu addon that would do this?

The biggest issue would be determining whether to show that item or not, but I definitely take a look (ed_davidson has requested a similar feature with the download on the context menu too)

(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: I noticed the SF skin files are named contextmenu.xml, etc. Any chance you can rename them to script-super-favourites-contextmenu.xml, for example? That would make it much easier for skinners to recognize them when/if they customize them.

Thanks again!

Yep, not a problem

(2016-04-16, 17:37)braz Wrote: Also, I noticed when inside the Super Favourites program, there is a "Super Favourites Menu" item at the bottom of the context menu.This doesn't seem to do anything, should it?

There shouldn't be because SF always replaces what is there;

Code:
liz.addContextMenuItems(menu, replaceItems=True)

Sounds more like a bug in Kodi itself, what version of Kodi are you running?
Edit - Just checked and yes, definitely a bug in Kodi itself, it is ignoring the replaceItems parameter

Also, make sure you are running the very latest version out of my repo (1.0.51)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - braz - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-16, 18:39)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: Hi spoyser,

I finally got around to trying Super Favourites again, great addon! I found one issue when testing with Kodi 17 and I have a couple of feature requests.

When showing the Super Favourites menu item on the context menu, it doesn't work with dynamically filled lists. In the screenshot below, I have a games widget that is filled by a SF folder. Clicking the Super Favourites Menu doesn't bring up the addon context menu (it doesn't do anything).

After doing some more testing, I see this isn't entirely true. I had turned off a lot of the menu options, so nothing was showing. If quicklaunch (and maybe other options) is enabled, the menu will show. If only "Add to Super Favourites" is enabled, nothing is shown.

Can you explain how you created the list and I'll take a look.
That list is dynamically filled by script.skinshortcuts. I realized that the problem isn't that the SF menu isn't working, it's just that it doesn't do anything when there are no items to show, which can be a little confusing for users. I have the menu set to only show the "Add to Super Favourites" button, so nothing is displayed if this button is not available. Would it be possible to notify users that there are no available options when the SF menu has no items?

In my case, since I only need the Add to SF button, I would turn off the SF menu if I could add just that button to the Kodi context menu. I attempted to get the SF menu to match the Mimic skin's context menu, but was unable to without editing the SF plugin because the button heights are hardcoded.

(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: Is it possible to add just the "Add to Super Favourites" item to the Kodi context menu? If not, any tips for creating a context menu addon that would do this?

The biggest issue would be determining whether to show that item or not, but I definitely take a look (ed_davidson has requested a similar feature with the download on the context menu too)

(2016-04-16, 04:39)braz Wrote: I noticed the SF skin files are named contextmenu.xml, etc. Any chance you can rename them to script-super-favourites-contextmenu.xml, for example? That would make it much easier for skinners to recognize them when/if they customize them.

Thanks again!

Yep, not a problem
Thanks!

(2016-04-16, 17:37)braz Wrote: Also, I noticed when inside the Super Favourites program, there is a "Super Favourites Menu" item at the bottom of the context menu.This doesn't seem to do anything, should it?

There shouldn't be because SF always replaces what is there;

Code:
liz.addContextMenuItems(menu, replaceItems=True)

Sounds more like a bug in Kodi itself, what version of Kodi are you running?
I'm running the April 9 Kodi 17 nightly...there are some issues on Windows with the more recent nightlies.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-16

@braz
Many thanks for the feedback, I will see what I can to regarding the empty menu.
At the moment the SF context menu code is written in such a way that it builds the menu dynamically based on settings and the current list item, and then if the menu turns out to be empty it triggers the standard Kodi menu, which in the case you describe is also empty. The problem is SF doesn't know it's menu going to be empty until triggered, but I'll see if I can think of something.

Can you send me the xml file for the mimic style context menu and I'll try and think of a way of being able to modify SF to allow configurable values (could probably just parse the XML files itself, its a one off operation during a UI operation so no big deal in terms of performance).

The extra menu item is definitely a bug in Kodi, it is ignoring the replaceItems parameter.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - braz - 2016-04-16

@spoyser

Thanks for looking into this!

Here's the context menu I'm trying to use, you'll see I haven't been able to figure out how to get the background the right size or get the line heights to work without modifying the SF plugin.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/commit/23d926cd1ef569c07b46a424b5c40d54ed7028fe

And here's what it looks like:

I'm open to any suggestions you have, I'll keep poking around in the SF settings. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-17

@braz

Can you try this for the context menu

Code:
<window>
    <coordinates>
        <system>1</system>
        <left>0</left>
        <top>0</top>
    </coordinates>

<animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" start="80" end="100" center="auto" delay="160" tween="back" time="240" />
        <effect type="fade" delay="160" end="100" time="240" />
    </animation>
    <animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
        <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="80" center="auto" easing="in" tween="back" time="240" />
        <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="240" />
    </animation>

<controls>
        <control type="group" id="5000">
            <left>467</left>
            <top>500</top>

<control type="image" id="5001">
                <description>background image</description>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <width>346</width>
                <height>0</height>
                <texture border="12">dialog_context.png</texture>
                <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorDialogVar]</colordiffuse>
            </control>

<control type="list" id="3000">
                <description>List to hold 'buttons'</description>
                <left>25</left>
                <top>31</top>
                <width>300</width>
                <height>628</height>
                <onright>3001</onright>
                <onleft>3001</onleft>  

<itemlayout width="300" height="38">                
                    <control type="label">
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>38</height>
                        <font>font14</font>
                        <textcolor>$VAR[ColorTextVar]</textcolor>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>            
                        <align>left</align>
                        <info>ListItem.Label</info>
                        <textoffsetx>10</textoffsetx>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>

<focusedlayout width="300" height="38">
                    <control type="image">
                        <visible>Control.HasFocus(3000)</visible>
                        <left>0</left>
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>38</height>                                        
                        <texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ColorHighlightVar]">listselect_fo.png</texture>
                    </control>
                    <control type="label">
                        <top>0</top>
                        <width>300</width>
                        <height>38</height>
                        <font>font14</font>
                        <textcolor>$VAR[ColorTextVar]</textcolor>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>            
                        <align>left</align>
                        <info>ListItem.Label</info>
                        <textoffsetx>10</textoffsetx>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
            </control>                    
        </control>        
    </controls>
</window>

This does not require any code changes, and to my (aging) eyes look virtually identical to your menu.

This was tested in Jarvis though, so maybe Krypton has a few issues, I'm also only running 1920 x 1200 so that might have an effect.

Can you give it a try and let me know what you think.

If your interested in integrating SF more into your skin, it does actually provide functionality very similar (inspired by) the script.favourites by Ronie and Black - there is a readme.txt with details on how to use it.

It can also be used to populate lists via the <content> tag, again details are in the readme.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - braz - 2016-04-17

(2016-04-17, 15:23)spoyser Wrote: @braz

This does not require any code changes, and to my (aging) eyes look virtually identical to your menu.

This was tested in Jarvis though, so maybe Krypton has a few issues, I'm also only running 1920 x 1200 so that might have an effect.

If your interested in integrating SF more into your skin, it does actually provide functionality very similar (inspired by) the script.favourites by Ronie and Black - there is a readme.txt with details on how to use it.

It can also be used to populate lists via the <content> tag, again details are in the readme.
Thanks spoyser! I was trying to match the height of my existing context menu (60px) but this is probably the closest we can get. I'll take a look at the readme, I had integrated script.favourites in my "Extras" menu on the video info dialog...won't need the option there with SF on the main context menu. Still would like to be able to have just the Add to SF button on the Kodi context menu so there wouldn't be a need to show the plugin's skinned menu. Thanks for a great addon!

(2016-04-17, 17:47)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 15:23)spoyser Wrote: @braz

Thanks spoyser! I was trying to match the height of my existing context menu (60px) but this is probably the closest we can get. I'll take a look at the readme, I had integrated script.favourites in my "Extras" menu on the video info dialog...won't need the option there with SF on the main context menu. Still would like to be able to have just the Add to SF button on the Kodi context menu so there wouldn't be a need to show the plugin's skinned menu. Thanks for a great addon!

Cheers for the confirmation, would it be okay for me to add that xml to the next release of SF? Or would it be picked up automatically if you include it in your skin - the xml fallback stuff has aways confused me LOL

I'm currently working on the " Add to SF button on the Kodi context menu" functionality

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - braz - 2016-04-17

(2016-04-17, 17:51)spoyser Wrote: Cheers for the confirmation, would it be okay for me to add that xml to the next release of SF? Or would it be picked up automatically if you include it in your skin - the xml fallback stuff has aways confused me LOL

I'm currently working on the " Add to SF button on the Kodi context menu" functionality
You're welcome to include it with SF, but I also plan to include it in Mimic. Since the skin version of the xml will take precedence over the version included with SF, probably no need to ship it with SF. I'm making a few tweaks to the SF context menu, will post back when I'm done.

Thanks for looking into the Add to SF button...the other menu options are cool but I could see myself using just this one most of the time.

Update: Here's what I ended up going with...

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/commit/298cefd083ccd28ed13e8eef83ec991d43594775

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-17

(2016-04-17, 17:57)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 17:51)spoyser Wrote: Cheers for the confirmation, would it be okay for me to add that xml to the next release of SF? Or would it be picked up automatically if you include it in your skin - the xml fallback stuff has aways confused me LOL

You're welcome to include it with SF, but I also plan to include it in Mimic. Since the skin version of the xml will take precedence over the version included with SF, probably no need to ship it with SF. I'm making a few tweaks to the SF context menu, will post back when I'm done.

Thanks for looking into the Add to SF button...the other menu options are cool but I could see myself using just this one most of the time.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/commit/298cefd083ccd28ed13e8eef83ec991d43594775

Nice one, can you change the filename to script-super-favourites-contextmenu.xml as I'll be changing the file choosing logic in the next release.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Dweezilkid - 2016-04-17

Hi Spoyser... I just installed SF a couple days ago, and it's life-changingly awesome! Seriously, I can't believe I've been using XBMC / Kodi for so long without this functionality!

The only issue I'm having is that I wish I could sort my new super folders by year. I searched through previous posts and read something about metadata not transferring to SF. Is there any kind of workaround to enable sorting by year? Thanks in advance!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-17

Hi Sean, are these recent posts anything to do with adding a "Download using Super Favourites" to the kodi context menu? If so I would be more than willing to try it.

Sent from my iPhone

(2016-04-17, 18:46)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Sean, are these recent posts anything to do with adding a "Download using Super Favourites" to the kodi context menu? If so I would be more than willing to try it.

Sent from my iPhone

Looking into it now, I will definitely let you know when it's ready to test Smile

(2016-04-17, 18:36)Dweezilkid Wrote: Hi Spoyser... I just installed SF a couple days ago, and it's life-changingly awesome! Seriously, I can't believe I've been using XBMC / Kodi for so long without this functionality!

The only issue I'm having is that I wish I could sort my new super folders by year. I searched through previous posts and read something about metadata not transferring to SF. Is there any kind of workaround to enable sorting by year? Thanks in advance!

I'll have a think about how it might be possible to save the metadata

(2016-04-17, 17:57)braz Wrote:

I've just come cross this

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=250936&pid=2308260#pid2308260

So I'll be making use of this for Krypton, but obviously pre-krypton will still benefit from the custom xml file Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - houdini - 2016-04-17

Hi spoyser,

This is my first post on this thread and I wanted to begin by complimenting you on an amazing addon!

My suggestion pertains to the iRecommend feature, which (once I discovered and explored it) I must start by saying led me pretty much most of the way towards the functionality I was originally looking for (and going to suggest) and I therefore didn't expect to need to post anything here!

I say "towards what I was looking for" because I don't think I'm using this feature the way you intended.

Most/many video streaming addons don't provide a rating for the currently selected movie. What I figured out is that if I bring up the context menu for the movie in question, invoke Super Favourites, select iRecommend, cursor down to the first search result (which will typically be the one that matches the movie in question) and press the "I" key (to bring up more information for that result) then I get the rating I'm looking for!

The problem is, if I then add this movie to my "super favourites" (because it both sounded interesting AND had a good enough rating), later, when it comes time to choose a favourited movie to watch, I noticed it will no longer be possible to once again invoke iRecommend for these favourited movies!

So my question/suggestion is: would you for this reason perhaps be willing to add iRecommend to the context menu for super favourites?

Thanks and keep up the good work!