Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-22

(2016-04-22, 01:08)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Sean,

I managed to get the download menu to come up and have got it working. Just wondering if it was possible to attach the Download using SF to the now playing menu. Im not sure that menu comes up like a regular menu or not.
The only thing im trying to accomplish is to be able not to have the global menu enabled and one click from viewing a movie to be able to down,load it.

The addon is awesome anyway, Im just asking the question if it is possible. Im really happy with the download feature period.

Regards

Glad to hear you got it working.

I agree with what you say, but what you are asking is down to core Kodi functionality (IMO an omission), I will raise a trac ticket but I'm in bad books with one of the Kodi devs at the moment regarding the context menu stuff so I wouldn't hold my breathe.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9595#issuecomment-212016267

(with regards my other comment, you have installed code on your machine that the person who released it has no idea what it does - it could be malicious for all he knows)

Edit
Trac ticket raised
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16700#ticket

Edit
You could also create the following keymap, this will open the SF context menu only from the FullScreenVideo page which will sort of give you what you want.

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <c>xbmc.runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/LaunchSFMenu.py)</c>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-22

Having this code installed concerns me. Please tell me what it is so I can remove it. PM me please if you can't tell me what it is on here. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-22

@spoyser YOU ARE A GOD, MY FRIEND,

I just edited the keymap and am now able to disable the global menu and still get the SF menu to show up to download when in fullscreen.

Thankyou for being patient with me.

Kind Regards.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-22

Whats the setting ID to disable the Global Menu. I want to turn it off in the settings.xml

Thanks

(2016-04-22, 15:40)ed_davidson Wrote: Having this code installed concerns me. Please tell me what it is so I can remove it. PM me please if you can't tell me what it is on here. Thanks.
I'll PM you

(2016-04-22, 16:32)ed_davidson Wrote: @spoyser YOU ARE A GOD, MY FRIEND,

I just edited the keymap and am now able to disable the global menu and still get the SF menu to show up to download when in fullscreen.

Thankyou for being patient with me.

Kind Regards.
Steady on, lets not get carried away LOL

(2016-04-22, 17:12)ed_davidson Wrote: Whats the setting ID to disable the Global Menu. I want to turn it off in the settings.xml

Thanks

Can't you just do it from the SF settings page (Enable global Super Favourites menu)?

But the ID is CONTEXT it wants to be false to disable the menu.

Thanks. I thought it was. I have the settings in zips for other OS so just need to change it the zip thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

You removed my post? LOL.

Sent from my iPhone

Looks like someone didn't like it - dare I suggests you edit it and repost?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=270811

My apologies for my outburst in my previous post. Maybe this is better??

WOW I JUST READ THIS. Doesn't @tamland know that SF is without a doubt THE MOST USEFUL ADDON out there. The Kodi user experience would be a poor one if we had to use the Kodi favourites only. Keep up the good work Sean, I love it.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9595#i...-212016267

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-23

(2016-04-17, 19:24)houdini Wrote: Hi spoyser,

This is my first post on this thread and I wanted to begin by complimenting you on an amazing addon!

My suggestion pertains to the iRecommend feature, which (once I discovered and explored it) I must start by saying led me pretty much most of the way towards the functionality I was originally looking for (and going to suggest) and I therefore didn't expect to need to post anything here!

I say "towards what I was looking for" because I don't think I'm using this feature the way you intended.

Most/many video streaming addons don't provide a rating for the currently selected movie. What I figured out is that if I bring up the context menu for the movie in question, invoke Super Favourites, select iRecommend, cursor down to the first search result (which will typically be the one that matches the movie in question) and press the "I" key (to bring up more information for that result) then I get the rating I'm looking for!

The problem is, if I then add this movie to my "super favourites" (because it both sounded interesting AND had a good enough rating), later, when it comes time to choose a favourited movie to watch, I noticed it will no longer be possible to once again invoke iRecommend for these favourited movies!

So my question/suggestion is: would you for this reason perhaps be willing to add iRecommend to the context menu for super favourites?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Right, been thinking about this, and rather than implement this I've decided to go a few steps furthers and add full (well a lot!) metadata support instead to Super Favourites, this should give you what you want, and a whole lot more, see next post

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-23

Metadata support coming soon....

So what this means is that now (well when its finished and released) you can simply add an item in iRecommend (or iSearch) back to Super Favourites itself. This will then appear in the Super Folder where you chose and it will have full metadata associated with it so you just go to the item and select show Info (or press I) and voilĂ  the Movie information screen will appear complete with ratings, plot, cast, trailer link, etc

Metadata can also be copied and pasted from any item in Kodi and pasted onto any item in Super Favourites (hopefully including Super Folders - I've not yet coded that bit).

Also, when adding items to Super Favourites, they will automatically keep their current metadata.

All very cool if you ask me, and something that people have been asking for for quite a while.

eg this is the Movie Information dialog for a Super Favourite that plays the movie Jaws

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Dweezilkid - 2016-04-23

This is really awesome, Spoyser... thank you! Based on the way you're coding this, will we have to rebuild our Super Favorites folders to include the metadata from the original items, or will they inherit that data? Not a big deal... just curious. Here's hoping this will allow Kodi to show the year and star rating of a movie within a Super Folder, and sort accordingly. Great work!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - houdini - 2016-04-23

(2016-04-23, 18:30)Dweezilkid Wrote: This is really awesome, Spoyser... thank you! Based on the way you're coding this, will we have to rebuild our Super Favorites folders to include the metadata from the original items, or will they inherit that data? Not a big deal... just curious. Here's hoping this will allow Kodi to show the year and star rating of a movie within a Super Folder, and sort accordingly. Great work!

If Spoyser still proceeds with adding a menu item for iRecommend to the context menu for a super favourite, as he responded to me he would consider, I would hope he might be able to instead merge this additional meta data into the original item for which iRecommend was invoked - then there would be no need for us to do that through copying and pasting.

One consideration though is that if iRecommend is invoked for a movie listed in some other addon, the option might have to be to create a super favourite for that movie with the merged additional metadata from iRecommend so that you don't have to do it the long way (i.e. invoke iRecommend, see if the rating is half decent, add the movie as a super favourite, go to your super favourites and find the new item, invoke iRecommend again, and finally merge the additional metadata into it, which would be more cumbersome).

Sound good, Spoyser?

Otherwise, yes this is very awesome!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - houdini - 2016-04-23

BTW, did you see my previous post Spoyser, which I repeated below?

(2016-04-21, 12:15)houdini Wrote: Hey Spoyser,

As long as the user hasn't defined global overrides, wouldn't it be cool, and perfectly consistent with Kodi Favourite behaviour, if you mapped the 'U' and 'D' keys to your 'Edit Super Favourite' 'Move Up' and 'Move Down' commands, while the user is navigating their super favourites?!

Just think how much more efficient it would make such editing?!

You could even "one up" Kodi Favourite behaviour by mapping the "Del" key to your 'Edit Super Favourite' 'Remove favourite' command. (I don't in fact understand why the key isn't mapped to do this for Kodi favourites already, given that it doesn't do anything else!)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - tvguru - 2016-04-23

(2016-04-22, 12:33)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-22, 00:15)tvguru Wrote: Hi everyone...

My wife and I have been Kodi warriors last few months and have spent much time setting up our own skin settings (some call a build I guess) with all kinds of categories such as a section for our kids, sports for me, TV shows for her, etc... using links from addons (not addons).

We cherry pick links from certain addons and send them to a indexed Super Favorite folder. We have been doing this for the last few months. However, with the latest situation regarding devs taking down their addons... we are finding many links not working.

So my question is this... without clicking on every link to see what the addon is in order to remove if not working.... is there an addon or way that we can manage and see what addons are connected to our links in our Super Favorites?. We like to keep are Kodi clean and operational for our kids and 89 year old grandmother.

Example: I have many links in my sports category from many different addons like *****, ******, **** etc... Like Sky Sports 1 -5. So now that ****** sports has taken down their addon, and without clicking on every link to find ******** sports links in order to remove without having to click to see if they work...

Is there a way to search out all the links that are directly connected to my sports Super Favorites folder??

Hope I have made some sort of sense here.

Thank you in advance.

Without getting involved in the murky side of addon take downs, the simplest solution is to uninstall any addons that are no longer working, they will then automatically not show in SF (assuming you haven't enabled the "Show unavailable addons" display setting)

A always find it rather ironic when individuals who steal stuff then moan when other's steal foom them.