Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-29, 13:15)kilimanjaro Wrote: Okay this feature request is something that's useful

icast
Search for a movie through isearch
And along with ireccommend have an option icast
This shows a list of the cast for that movie, clicking on an actor shows all the movies for that actor.

What do you think Sean?
Have a favourite actor, easily search his/her filmography through super favourites

Sounds interesting.

But tbh I'm thinking of removing all the iSearch and associated functionality from SF, getting SF back to its roots!

iSearch etc will become an addon in its own right - I think the suggestions you have made will then make a lot more sense.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-29, 11:52)kilimanjaro Wrote: Thoughts on feature suggestion

"pin folder to all menus" (Aka super sticky folder)

Make any folder (through context menu) persistent through out Sf

Anyone see any use cases?

Interesting, although you could just copy the Super Folder as a link wherever you want access to it with SF anyway.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - kilimanjaro - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-29, 13:45)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 11:52)kilimanjaro Wrote: Thoughts on feature suggestion

"pin folder to all menus" (Aka super sticky folder)

Make any folder (through context menu) persistent through out Sf

Anyone see any use cases?

Interesting, although you could just copy the Super Folder as a link wherever you want access to it with SF anyway.

Not sure I understand what you mean.
Maybe you can but if you make it a feature, and call it something people are familiar with. It'll get adapted more. You think the ideas got legs?
I can imagine "pinning" folders, for fast easy access.

Maybe folks will use this in unforeseen circumstances. For example the way a user uses ireccommend to search for rating.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - kilimanjaro - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-29, 13:44)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 13:15)kilimanjaro Wrote: Okay this feature request is something that's useful

icast
This shows a list of the cast for that movie, clicking on an actor shows all the movies for that actor.

What do you think Sean?
Have a favourite actor, easily search his/her filmography through super favourites

Sounds interesting.

But tbh I'm thinking of removing all the iSearch and associated functionality from SF, getting SF back to its roots!

iSearch etc will become an addon in its own right - I think the suggestions you have made will then make a lot more sense.
Smile
Then maybe we can have ilist feature to Big Grin lol
I think your right, maybe seperating them is good.

Since I got your attention I got another idea
Say folder contains x y z
For that folder can you, in the description write down everything in that folder
What do you think? Set this as default and if users want to change the description they can do so

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-29, 14:06)kilimanjaro Wrote: Since I got your attention I got another idea
For that folder can you, in the description write down everything in that folder
What do you think? Set this as default and if users want to change the description they can do so

Could do Smile

(2016-04-29, 14:08)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-29, 14:06)kilimanjaro Wrote: Since I got your attention I got another idea

Could do Smile

Maybe try it, if you think it looks good then add it? Would be cool thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Dweezilkid - 2016-04-29

A quick question about "Remember View Type":

Based on the last few posts, I finally managed to "lock" my desired view type. However, I've noticed it applies that view type to ALL super folders. Is that a feature? A bug? Is there some way to remember different viewtypes for different folders?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-04-29

(2016-04-29, 18:29)Dweezilkid Wrote: A quick question about "Remember View Type":

Based on the last few posts, I finally managed to "lock" my desired view type. However, I've noticed it applies that view type to ALL super folders. Is that a feature? A bug? Is there some way to remember different viewtypes for different folders?

It applies it to them all at the moment

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-04-30

(2016-04-29, 13:44)spoyser Wrote:

icast

What do you think Sean?

Sounds interesting.

That would be great as a new addon.
You could integrate metadata into it.
Also a request: how about being able to automatically search movie and TV and catchup addons for what you want, then have the option of which addon to use.
ISearch favs cold be added under movies TV and catchup sections.
You could also add imdb accounts.
Also include the download function.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Tonypa - 2016-05-03

Hi.

Im very sorry to bother everyone on here, but I really need your help. If ive posted this in the wrong place i apologise.

I have been trying to get Super Favourites to work in Renegades....

I have created all my folders(all 390 of them - and some have content in and some do not - yet)

However i am finding it difficult for the folder to be pulled from within the guide. I have tried specifying paths, i have tried ActivateWindow but to no avail. I just can not seem to get it to pull the folder.

It is all under the Super Favourites folder in userdata where i have created all these seperate folders, but i do not know how to pull it in.

Any assistance would be really helpful guys........

Thanks

Ant. Renegades.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - HeyItsJono - 2016-05-04

Would it be possible to add a Grid Thumbnails view to the global SF menu (this menu)? It would make picking favourites so much easier because I have so many that it takes forever to find the right favourite. Thanks!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-05-05

(2016-05-04, 10:11)HeyItsJono Wrote: Would it be possible to add a Grid Thumbnails view to the global SF menu (this menu)? It would make picking favourites so much easier because I have so many that it takes forever to find the right favourite. Thanks!

Not in the quick launch dialog, but you could of course select the top item in that menu which will then open SF itself, and you could set that to thumbnail view.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-05-06

Hi Sean, what are your thoughts on my bombardment of PM's. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2016-05-06

(2016-04-09, 14:33)spoyser Wrote:
Code:
xbmc.runscript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/LaunchSFMenu.py

Will launch the SF menu regardless of SF settings - so can be used in scripts, buttons, other addons, etc to launch the SF menu
(2016-04-09, 22:05)jmh2002 Wrote: That's awesome, thank you very much! Nod I tested and can confirm it's all working ok on my side.

This no longer seems to work for me for some reason. But since this was working there has been an update to the Xonfluence skin, as well as an update to Kodi Jarvis 16.1 stable, so Im not sure what the culprit is.

I sent you a debug log by PM.