Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-22, 21:40)ed_davidson Wrote: What I have done is this:
I have global menu disabled.
I have mapped a key on PC button G to bring up SF menu.
That works great, I am hoping for a universal button to use with remotes and keyboards as well.
I have to create a key map for all the different remotes which is a PITA.

With your previous post what exactly will happen when I press the C button inside a movie addon. I think it will bring up the SF menu. Will another press bring up the ADDONS context menu?

Sent from my iPhone

The first press will open the standard Kodi menu (ie the addons menu), on the second press the keymap will kick in because that keymap is active only when Kodi context menu is visible.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-05-22

Okay, sounds perfect. I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-05-25

I decided to map another button to bring up the SFmenu. It works awesome. It just means I have to configure all the different remotes and keyboards, although keyboards I just set it as G so any keyboard will be the same.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - McButton - 2016-05-26

Any time I play a saved superfavorite, I get a popup that says that it failed to play. If I select OK and play again, it's fine. However, this happens EVERY time I pick a new vid (internet addon save link). I reinstalled Super Favorites, and that solved nothing. Could it be the way the favorites saved or the save file corruption or something? It says to check the log, but I didn't quite see one. Any ideas?

I actually put the save file on the network and the error happens on any device playing them. Note: This does not happen with standard favorites.
-----------------------
Favorites.xml looks like this...only with about 100 more entries

<favourites>
<favourite name="Top 10 YouTube Prank Videos - TopX Ep.37" thumb="http://www.watchmojo.com/uploads/blipthumbs/Topx-Ep37-Top10-YouTube-Prank-Videos-720p30_00000_480.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.watchmojo/?action=PlayVideo&amp;url=%2Fvideo%2Fid%2F14129%2F&amp;title=Top+10+YouTube+Prank+Videos+-+TopX+Ep.37&amp;sf_options=winID%3D10025%26_options_sf&quot;)</favourite>
</favourite>

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 06:45)McButton Wrote: Any time I play a saved superfavorite, I get a popup that says that it failed to play. If I select OK and play again, it's fine. However, this happens EVERY time I pick a new vid (internet addon save link). I reinstalled Super Favorites, and that solved nothing. Could it be the way the favorites saved or the save file corruption or something? It says to check the log, but I didn't quite see one. Any ideas?

I actually put the save file on the network and the error happens on any device playing them. Note: This does not happen with standard favorites.
-----------------------
Favorites.xml looks like this...only with about 100 more entries

<favourites>
<favourite name="Top 10 YouTube Prank Videos - TopX Ep.37" thumb="http://www.watchmojo.com/uploads/blipthumbs/Topx-Ep37-Top10-YouTube-Prank-Videos-720p30_00000_480.jpg">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.video.watchmojo/?action=PlayVideo&amp;url=%2Fvideo%2Fid%2F14129%2F&amp;title=Top+10+YouTube+Prank+Videos+-+TopX+Ep.37&amp;sf_options=winID%3D10025%26_options_sf&quot;)</favourite>
</favourite>

Try changing the playback mode via the Edit Favourite context menu.

I've not tried that addon but I would say guess that it is calling Player.play() when it should be calling setResolvedURL (a very common mistake in addons). Changing the playback mode should fix that for you.

If not let me know and I'll get the addon and take a better look.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - McButton - 2016-05-26

The addon is WatchMojo.com
I'll check it out and report.

I'll try with other addons as well. I just assumed it was Super Favorites....but makes sense if the source it pulls from has a different saving convention.
Also, the error is [Playback Failed - One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.]

Just found the debug log option. Will check that too.
------------------
I tried all 3 settings for playback. All seem to have the same error issue.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-26, 07:11)McButton Wrote: The addon is WatchMojo.com
I'll check it out and report.

I'll try with other addons as well. I just assumed it was Super Favorites....but makes sense if the source it pulls from has a different saving convention.
Also, the error is [Playback Failed - One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.]

Just found the debug log option. Will check that too.
------------------
I tried all 3 settings for playback. All seem to have the same error issue.

I'll take a look over the weekend.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - BenTuicker - 2016-05-26

Hello, I hope someone can help with a similar issue that I thought version 1.0.36 would solve. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I am trying to "favourite" channel streams from some addons I won't mention. The favourite/super favourite works at first. Then, after some time stops working, I asssumed this is a caching issue. I located and downloaded SF v1.0.36 and tried adding as Kodi Favorite, cutting and pasting the Fave to SF, then adding back as a Kodi Favorite. A couple of times it asked me if I wanted to disable the cache, and I answered "YES." But it still didn't work. It no longer asks about the cache but shows it it still version 1.0.36. Is caching the problem? If so, what do I do? If not caching, what is happening? Why does a Kodi Fave or SF work for a while the become a dead link? I spent a day and a half messing with various ways to accomplish this. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ben.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-05-27

(2016-05-26, 20:35)BenTuicker Wrote: Hello, I hope someone can help with a similar issue that I thought version 1.0.36 would solve. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I am trying to "favourite" channel streams from some addons I won't mention. The favourite/super favourite works at first. Then, after some time stops working, I asssumed this is a caching issue. I located and downloaded SF v1.0.36 and tried adding as Kodi Favorite, cutting and pasting the Fave to SF, then adding back as a Kodi Favorite. A couple of times it asked me if I wanted to disable the cache, and I answered "YES." But it still didn't work. It no longer asks about the cache but shows it it still version 1.0.36. Is caching the problem? If so, what do I do? If not caching, what is happening? Why does a Kodi Fave or SF work for a while the become a dead link? I spent a day and a half messing with various ways to accomplish this. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Ben.

It is because the urls for the streams that you are favouriting contain tokens that expire after a short while.

Not a lot you can do about it apart from contacting the author and asking them to change the logic so the resolved url is determined when you click the playable item - not difficult - but I doubt they'll do it.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - BenTuicker - 2016-05-28

Wow. A Response from The Man himself. Thank you Sean. You are right; not a chance, I'm sure. They probably expire on purpose. At least I know I'm not crazy.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jakepe88 - 2016-05-31

hello

i have an video add-on where i can not select anything as favorits - when i bring up the context menu it just give me the option of "show movie info ?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2016-06-01

(2016-05-31, 23:47)jakepe88 Wrote: hello

i have an video add-on where i can not select anything as favorits - when i bring up the context menu it just give me the option of "show movie info ?

You will have to enable global SF in settings to add an item to SF

Sent from my iPhone

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Dweezilkid - 2016-06-02

Got a random problem here...

I've got several movies with multiple discs (DVD1, DVD2, etc.). They're fully playable through the MOVIES and HD MOVIES sections. However, when I add these movies to Super Favorites, they won't play at all. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - tvguru - 2016-06-03

Hi everyone...

I have just upgraded everything to 16.1 Jarvis using Xonfluence.

I have been using SF for everything with absolutely no problem, been loving it and think Spoyser has done an outstanding job creating it and keeping it updated.

However, since updating to 16.1 using the latest xonfluence skin, I am having 1 problem...

When I go and to delete a thumbnail and fanart using context menu and clicking on edit super favorite, the thumbnail and fanart do get deleted, except now I am left with a film strip or wheel behind with no further commands actions left to delete that thumbnail. Before when I clicked delete fanart or thimbnail, everything was going, not a film strip left hanging? How do I remove that, driving me nuts. LOL

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-06-03

(2016-06-03, 02:16)tvguru Wrote: Hi everyone...

I have just upgraded everything to 16.1 Jarvis using Xonfluence.

I have been using SF for everything with absolutely no problem, been loving it and think Spoyser has done an outstanding job creating it and keeping it updated.

However, since updating to 16.1 using the latest xonfluence skin, I am having 1 problem...

When I go and to delete a thumbnail and fanart using context menu and clicking on edit super favorite, the thumbnail and fanart do get deleted, except now I am left with a film strip or wheel behind with no further commands actions left to delete that thumbnail. Before when I clicked delete fanart or thimbnail, everything was going, not a film strip left hanging? How do I remove that, driving me nuts. LOL

TBH It sounds like a skin issue. Sounds like the skin is showing a default thumb when there isn't one.

Have you tried changing some of the settings on display tab? Try setting the content-mode to none, rather than movie.

Sent from my iPhone