Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MFaust - 2017-06-11

hello,

Sorry for the off topic but i have a question,

I really like this addon it makes a a huge change on how do you organised your stuff but i have some problem with the iSearch function for example I`ll love to add my addons search in it so when i see one movie in one addon where is not availeble just to select Menu -> Super Favorites -> iSearch-> and select my favorite addon, and to search automatic

so far i manage to put my addon in the iSearch list

<favourite name="Globale Suche" thumb="DefaultAddonWebSkin.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.xstream/?function=globalSearch&amp;sSearchText=[%SF%]&amp;params=0&amp;site=globalSearch&amp;title=Globale%20Suche&amp;sf_options=meta%3Dlabel%253DGlobale%252BSuche%2526title%253DGlobale%252BSuche%26desc%3DListItem.AddonDescription%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>

I saw that the name is stored in [%SF%]

but when I select this option the search box is blank I have to write the whole name again Sad

can somebody tell me what code do i have to insert so that when it ask me for the text too automaticaly have the value stored in [%SF%] so i should press only Done?

thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MediaPi - 2017-06-12

I set the option to add download button but for the life of couldn't figure what to do. I accidentally pressed context menu while video was playing and saw the download option. Pretty awesome Sean!
It downloads in the background to and tried downloading two files simultaneously which it does.
Nice!!!!!

For those of you who didn't know about this feature these are the steps to get it working
super favourites addon settings --> Menu Items - check Download

go into main menu --> video files --> add videos --> type in

special://profile/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites/downloads

press okay and then okay again

now while the video is playing you need to press the button that brings up super favourites context menu (im using a keybaord and pressed c) then use the download option

nice feature Sean! thanks Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-06-13

(2017-06-11, 23:25)MFaust Wrote: hello,

Sorry for the off topic but i have a question,

I really like this addon it makes a a huge change on how do you organised your stuff but i have some problem with the iSearch function for example I`ll love to add my addons search in it so when i see one movie in one addon where is not availeble just to select Menu -> Super Favorites -> iSearch-> and select my favorite addon, and to search automatic

<favourite name="Globale Suche" thumb="DefaultAddonWebSkin.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.xstream/?function=globalSearch&amp;sSearchText=[%SF%]&amp;params=0&amp;site=globalSearch&amp;title=Globale%20Suche&amp;sf_options=meta%3Dlabel%253DGlobale%252BSuche%2526title%253DGlobale%252BSuche%26desc%3DListItem.AddonDescription%26_options_sf&quot;,return)</favourite>

I saw that the name is stored in [%SF%]

but when I select this option the search box is blank I have to write the whole name again Sad

can somebody tell me what code do i have to insert so that when it ask me for the text too automaticaly have the value stored in [%SF%] so i should press only Done?

thanks Smile

Does your addon parse the sSearchText parameter?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-06-13

(2017-06-12, 23:38)MediaPi Wrote: I set the option to add download button but for the life of couldn't figure what to do. I accidentally pressed context menu while video was playing and saw the download option. Pretty awesome Sean!
It downloads in the background to and tried downloading two files simultaneously which it does.
Nice!!!!!

For those of you who didn't know about this feature these are the steps to get it working

now while the video is playing you need to press the button that brings up super favourites context menu (im using a keybaord and pressed c) then use the download option

Been there for over a year LOL

Works a treat for YouTube videos Smile

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2017-06-13

(2017-06-12, 23:38)MediaPi Wrote: I set the option to add download button but for the life of couldn't figure what to do. I accidentally pressed context menu while video was playing and saw the download option. Pretty awesome Sean!
Nice!!!!!

Ssssshhhhhhhhh don't let the cat out of the bag.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2017-06-13

(2017-06-13, 19:22)spoyser Wrote:
Nice!!!!!

Been there for over a year LOL

Ssssshhhhhhhhh don't let the cat out of the bag.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MediaPi - 2017-06-14

(2017-06-13, 19:22)spoyser Wrote: Been there for over a year LOL

LOL I remember you telling me this 3 years ago :p and then said you got it working after a year. Just never had a need to download till recently. It really is an amazing feature and I bet 99% of users don't know how it works so maybe worthwhile adding it in the opening post?

still dumbfound that there isn't a wiki for Super Favourites (I hate writing).
Have to admit super favourites is sooo much more polished now, I've seen you update it both for aesthetics and functionality but you never mention it. I can't begin to imagine the hours/days/months/years you laboured away at it. Thanks so much for your hardwork! you have given millions of users a reason to enjoy Kodi x2! Smile

(2017-06-13, 19:29)ed_davidson Wrote: Ssssshhhhhhhhh don't let the cat out of the bag.

HAHA this is so true, just coudnt help myself getting excited over a cool feature. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MFaust - 2017-06-15

(2017-06-13, 19:21)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 23:25)MFaust Wrote: ...

Hello spoyser ,
In the command above the only thing that I added is sSearchText=[%SF%]&amp;

btw, this is the search "routine"

Code:
def searchGlobal():
    import threading
    oGui = cGui()
    oGui.globalSearch = True
    oGui._collectMode = True
    sSearchText = oGui.showKeyBoard()
    if not sSearchText: return True
    aPlugins = []
    aPlugins = cPluginHandler().getAvailablePlugins()
    dialog = xbmcgui.DialogProgress()
    dialog.create('xStream',"Searching...")
    numPlugins = len(aPlugins)
    threads = []
    for count, pluginEntry in enumerate(aPlugins):
        dialog.update((count+1)*50/numPlugins,'Searching: '+str(pluginEntry['name'])+'...')
        logger.info('Searching for %s at %s' % (sSearchText.decode('utf-8'), pluginEntry['id']))
        t = threading.Thread(target=_pluginSearch, args=(pluginEntry,sSearchText,oGui), name =pluginEntry['name'])
        threads += [t]
        t.start()
    for count, t in enumerate(threads):
        t.join()
        dialog.update((count+1)*50/numPlugins+50, t.getName()+' returned')
    dialog.close()
    # deactivate collectMode attribute because now we want the elements really added
    oGui._collectMode = False
    total=len(oGui.searchResults)
    dialog.create('xStream',"Gathering info...")
    for count,result in enumerate(sorted(oGui.searchResults, key=lambda k: k['guiElement'].getSiteName()),1):
        oGui.addFolder(result['guiElement'],result['params'],bIsFolder=result['isFolder'],iTotal=total)
        dialog.update((count)*100/total, str(count)+' of '+str(total)+': '+result['guiElement'].getTitle())
    dialog.close()
    oGui.setView()
    oGui.setEndOfDirectory()
    return True

PS I tryed to make a copy of the code and rename it def searchGlobalSF():
sSearchText = [%SF%]

and call it in super favorites but it faild...

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Boyzie - 2017-06-16

I cannot cope with this add on at all. There is nothing one can get intuitively, from the context. Sometimes there is not a menu at all anymore, neither the standard context menu nor another one (provided by Super Favorites) so you cannot do anymore would you could before.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - StreamSlayer - 2017-06-20

Just want to apologize to the members and the mods. My most recent post was deleted (twice) and in trying to figure out why, I learned I was in fact using banned add-ons and so really just wasted your guys' time with my questions. I'll head for the hills now and put more time into learning what's acceptable here before I return. Thanks again for the attempts to help and sorry for noobing it up and breaking rules.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Karellen - 2017-06-20

Thanks StreamSlayer. Smile

The links in my signature below will provide all the guidance you need.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-06-20

(2017-06-15, 14:56)MFaust Wrote:
(2017-06-13, 19:21)spoyser Wrote:
(2017-06-11, 23:25)MFaust Wrote: ...

Hello spoyser ,
In the command above the only thing that I added is sSearchText=[%SF%]&amp;

btw, this is the search "routine"

Code:
def searchGlobal():
    import threading
    oGui = cGui()
    oGui.globalSearch = True
    oGui._collectMode = True
    if not sSearchText: return True
    aPlugins = []
    aPlugins = cPluginHandler().getAvailablePlugins()
    dialog.create('xStream',"Searching...")
    numPlugins = len(aPlugins)
    threads = []
    for count, pluginEntry in enumerate(aPlugins):
        dialog.update((count+1)*50/numPlugins,'Searching: '+str(pluginEntry['name'])+'...')
        logger.info('Searching for %s at %s' % (sSearchText.decode('utf-8'), pluginEntry['id']))
        t = threading.Thread(target=_pluginSearch, args=(pluginEntry,sSearchText,oGui), name =pluginEntry['name'])
        threads += [t]
        t.start()
    for count, t in enumerate(threads):
        t.join()
        dialog.update((count+1)*50/numPlugins+50, t.getName()+' returned')
    dialog.close()
    # deactivate collectMode attribute because now we want the elements really added
    oGui._collectMode = False
    total=len(oGui.searchResults)
    dialog.create('xStream',"Gathering info...")
    for count,result in enumerate(sorted(oGui.searchResults, key=lambda k: k['guiElement'].getSiteName()),1):
        oGui.addFolder(result['guiElement'],result['params'],bIsFolder=result['isFolder'],iTotal=total)
        dialog.update((count)*100/total, str(count)+' of '+str(total)+': '+result['guiElement'].getTitle())
    dialog.close()
    oGui.setView()
    oGui.setEndOfDirectory()
    return True

PS I tryed to make a copy of the code and rename it def searchGlobalSF():
sSearchText = [%SF%]

and call it in super favorites but it faild...

You need to modify the search function so that you can pass in an optional keyword(s), so that the search can be performed without bringinh up the keyboard first.

Are you in a position to modify the code? If so you need to change it to:

Code:
def searchGlobal(sSearchText=None):
    import threading
    oGui = cGui()
    oGui.globalSearch = True
    oGui._collectMode = True
    if not sSearchText:

Then where you call this method you will need to pass in the search parameter, which can be retrieved in your parameter handling section of your addon (from the sSearchText parameter that SF will pass in for you).

Hope that makes sense Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-06-20

(2017-06-16, 14:12)Boyzie Wrote: I cannot cope with this add on at all. There is nothing one can get intuitively, from the context. Sometimes there is not a menu at all anymore, neither the standard context menu nor another one (provided by Super Favorites) so you cannot do anymore would you could before.

Fair enough Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - gedisony - 2017-06-23

Hello,

Do you know if adding a favorite that calls a script addon work?

I'm thinking of calling super favorites from my addon like this to store favorites from my addon.
issue is, my addon is a script and not a plugin.

The links would look like:
RunAddon(script.reddit.reader,mode=playYTDLVideo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutube.com%2Fv%2FzpSpoC-Cfvo&name=Secret+NYC+Underground+Tunnels+%5B13%3A18%5D)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2017-06-24

(2017-06-23, 07:30)gedisony Wrote: Hello,

Do you know if adding a favorite that calls a script addon work?

I'm thinking of calling super favorites from my addon like this to store favorites from my addon.
issue is, my addon is a script and not a plugin.

The links would look like:
RunAddon(script.reddit.reader,mode=playYTDLVideo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutube.com%2Fv%2FzpSpoC-Cfvo&name=Secret+NYC+Underground+Tunnels+%5B13%3A18%5D)

Should be possible, do you want to PM me with more details, I'm sure we'll be able to accomplish what you want; maybe even more elegantly by accessing some SF methods directly.