Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - mrx777 - 2020-07-09

Is it possible to export super favourites these days from within Kodi 18? Using ver 1.0.59. 

Click on Export then prompted if I wish to include Super Favourite settings. Opt for 'Yes', choose my backup folder and then takes me back to Super Favourites Settings page.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - mrx777 - 2020-07-10

(2020-07-09, 00:49)mrx777 Wrote: Is it possible to export super favourites these days from within Kodi 18? Using ver 1.0.59. 

Click on Export then prompted if I wish to include Super Favourite settings. Opt for 'Yes', choose my backup folder and then takes me back to Super Favourites Settings page.

So I've managed to at least record an image of my super favourites by copying and pasting 'plugin.program.super.favourites' from the master copy into .kodi>userdata>addon_data of the carbon copy. 

The problem is that my Super Favourites folders are now empty. Any idea which additional file/s I need to copy over so that I have access to my SF folders?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Tarkus_ - 2020-07-10

(2020-07-10, 12:08)mrx777 Wrote:
(2020-07-09, 00:49)mrx777 Wrote: Is it possible to export super favourites these days from within Kodi 18? Using ver 1.0.59. 

So I've managed to at least record an image of my super favourites by copying and pasting 'plugin.program.super.favourites' from the master copy into .kodi>userdata>addon_data of the carbon copy. 

The problem is that my Super Favourites folders are now empty. Any idea which additional file/s I need to copy over so that I have access to my SF folders?

You need to backup/restore the addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites folder.  This can be done from the File Manager by opening the Profile directory, and then copying it to/from an external source.  Or you could always use the Backup add-on from the Kodi repository.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - mrx777 - 2020-07-11

(2020-07-10, 15:31)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 12:08)mrx777 Wrote:

You need to backup/restore the addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites folder.  This can be done from the File Manager by opening the Profile directory, and then copying it to/from an external source.  Or you could always use the Backup add-on from the Kodi repository.

Thank you for your response. That's the folder that I am copying over. There must be another file/folder that I need to migrate, in addition to addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites, in order for my Super Favourites to show.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - mrx777 - 2020-07-11

(2020-07-11, 04:35)mrx777 Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 15:31)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-07-10, 12:08)mrx777 Wrote: So I've managed to at least record an image of my super favourites by copying and pasting 'plugin.program.super.favourites' from the master copy into .kodi>userdata>addon_data of the carbon copy. 

Thank you for your response. That's the folder that I am copying over. There must be another file/folder that I need to migrate, in addition to addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites, in order for my Super Favourites to show.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator New Version Available - jmooremcc - 2020-11-05

I've been a devoted user of Super Favourites for a number of years and am also disappointed that the original author is no longer supporting the plug-in. Like many of you, I also grew frustrated with Super Favourites not working under Kodi Leia so I finally decided to do something about it. I am pleased to announce the availability of Super Favourites Version 1.0.61 which fixes the launch problem I experienced when running under Kodi Leia. 

Anyone interested in installing this new version on their system should follow the steps below:
  1. Download and install my repository jmooremcc repository.
  2. Uninstall the current version of Super Favorites but KEEP your settings.
  3. Using my repository, install Super Favourites Version 1.0.61
    • Goto Add-ons and select Install from Repository
    • Select jmooremcc Addons
    • Select Program add-ons
    • Select Super Favourites and install
I've tested this version under Kodi Leia version 18.9 on both a Windows 10 computer and on my Android Tablet. Super Favorites works very well with the features I use regularly and the user experience is comparable to that under Kodi Krypton. Please note that if there are any additional issues not related to the launch problem I've fixed, they will still be present in this new version. 

Super Favourites is a fantastic piece of software and I hope the community of users will continue supporting this open source Kodi plug-in.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Tarkus_ - 2020-11-05

Super Favourites 1.0.59 works fine for me in Kodi Leia.  What's supposed to be broken?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-05

SF would not work properly under Kodi versions greater than 18.4 according to other posters. On my systems running Kodi 18.9, existing SF links to content on the web would not launch at all.
I copied my SF folders to 3 separate systems running SF 1.0.59: one running Kodi 17.6 and 2 others running Kodi 18.9. Clicking SF links on the Kodi 17.6 system worked but failed on the Kodi 18.9 systems. After installing SF 1.0.61 on the systems running Kodi 18.9, all the links worked.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-05

(2019-08-24, 05:46)jdig4240 Wrote: Cant believe this addon is dead, and nobody able to fix it. So sad...
I've experienced problems with SF not launching links when running under Kodi 18.5+. I've released a SF version 1.0.61 that fixes this particular problem.

(2020-11-05, 06:30)Tarkus_ Wrote: Super Favourites 1.0.59 works fine for me in Kodi Leia.  What's supposed to be broken?
What version of Kodi are you running?
How are you using SF?

(2019-06-18, 17:44)jdig4240 Wrote: Ok, so the issue currently with SF and Kodi 18 is something in the def activateWindowCommand(cmd): section of player.py.

Can a dev take a look at this section of code to see why its not working with Kodi 18?
Heres the section thats having an issue opening SF windows:

def activateWindowCommand(cmd):
    cmds = cmd.split(',', 1)

#special case for filemanager
    if '10003' in cmds[0] or 'filemanager' in cmds[0].lower():
        xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
        return   

plugin   = None
    activate = None

if len(cmds) == 1:
        activate = cmds[0]
    else:
        activate = cmds[0]+',return)'
        plugin   = cmds[1][:-1]

#check if it is a different window and if so activate it
    id = str(xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId())    

if id not in activate:
        xbmc.executebuiltin(activate)

if plugin:
        #processParentCommand(plugin)
        xbmc.executebuiltin('Container.Update(%s)' % plugin)

Primaval has posted a fix that will make the window open here: https://github.com/primaeval/spoyser-repo/commit/cc54fbfb70afd889fe2dc4421915e68a5d6ba10a.

However this disables the rest of the code that makes it return to the previous window in SF, so by hitting the back button it exits SF completely. HELP Please? 
#Ronie?

Using latest SF v1.0.59. Line 129 in player.py. https://github.com/spoyser/spoyser-repo/blob/master/zips/plugin.program.super.favourites/plugin.program.super.favourites-1.0.59.zip
I've released a SF version 1.0.61 that addresses these issues.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Tarkus_ - 2020-11-05

(2020-11-05, 10:10)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-11-05, 06:30)Tarkus_ Wrote: Super Favourites 1.0.59 works fine for me in Kodi Leia.  What's supposed to be broken?
What version of Kodi are you running?
How are you using SF?
I'm running Kodi 18.9 (both Fire TV and Windows), and I use SF to maintain certain links and local files in special folders.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator New Version Available - rocko - 2020-11-06

(2020-11-05, 02:28)jmooremcc Wrote: I've been a devoted user of Super Favourites for a number of years and am also disappointed that the original author is no longer supporting the plug-in. Like many of you, I also grew frustrated with Super Favourites not working under Kodi Leia so I finally decided to do something about it. I am pleased to announce the availability of Super Favourites Version 1.0.61 which fixes the launch problem I experienced when running under Kodi Leia. 

Anyone interested in installing this new version on their system should follow the steps below:
    • Select Program add-ons
I've tested this version under Kodi Leia version 18.9 on both a Windows 10 computer and on my Android Tablet. Super Favorites works very well with the features I use regularly and the user experience is comparable to that under Kodi Krypton. Please note that if there are any additional issues not related to the launch problem I've fixed, they will still be present in this new version. 

Super Favourites is a fantastic piece of software and I hope the community of users will continue supporting this open source Kodi plug-in.
I've used Super Favorites for years with Aeon MQ skin and have been able to keep it going in Leia but really hoping someone can fix it for Matrix.

Any chance you could do it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator New Version Available - jmooremcc - 2020-11-07

(2020-11-06, 17:11)rocko Wrote:
(2020-11-05, 02:28)jmooremcc Wrote: I've been a devoted user of Super Favourites for a number of years and am also disappointed that the original author is no longer supporting the plug-in. Like many of you, I also grew frustrated with Super Favourites not working under Kodi Leia so I finally decided to do something about it. I am pleased to announce the availability of Super Favourites Version 1.0.61 which fixes the launch problem I experienced when running under Kodi Leia. 

• Select Program add-ons

I've used Super Favorites for years with Aeon MQ skin and have been able to keep it going in Leia but really hoping someone can fix it for Matrix.

Any chance you could do it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I'll look into it.
Would you be willing to help test during development?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-11-07

I am not very good with technical stuff but I will help where I can. 

I have always used it with Aeon MQ skin but I can't get it yet for Matrix. I don't know how well it will work with the default skin but should work with several others.

I use SF for folders for home screen such as World News, Sports,  CBC, etc, 

So it would be great if you can figure it out. I would be hard to do without.

Thanks