Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Tarkus_ - 2020-11-07

I have Matrix installed on a backup Firestick, so I too would be willing to test a Matrix-compatible version of Super Favourites.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-08

Great.
Let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to you both when I have something for you to play with.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - chriskillian - 2020-11-08

This addon should be integrated in kodi and replace the default "add to favourites" feature.
Great work!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - User 457333 - 2020-11-19

I've added the below sources separately (Kodi 18.9 Android) but when installing from zip, I see no files. What am I doing wrong?

https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc
https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc/blob/master/jmooremcc.repo.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-11-22

(2020-11-08, 01:07)jmooremcc Wrote: Great.
Let me do a bit of research and I'll get back to you both when I have something for you to play with.

No hurry but just curious any luck yet.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-24

(2020-11-19, 07:27)zordon12 Wrote: I've added the below sources separately (Kodi 18.9 Android) but when installing from zip, I see no files. What am I doing wrong?

https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc
https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc/blob/master/jmooremcc.repo.zip

Click on jmooremcc.repo.zip in the list of files and then click download.
The zip file contains the repository code you will need to install.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-11-29

Thanks for the SF update.
i am really sad, that it does not work for me:
I have tested the fixed SF version 1.0.61 on Kodi 18.9 (Win10)

It only works for me with 1 Youtube-Playlist and with no others. Not even if I change the play mode in SF.
No radio from Tuneinradio-Addon.
Streams from ARDandZDF-Addon some, if I change the play mode.

Almost all my normal Kodi favorites don't work in SF.

All my normal Kodi favorites work in favorites but nearly no one work in SF.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-29

(2020-11-07, 23:03)Tarkus_ Wrote: I have Matrix installed on a backup Firestick, so I too would be willing to test a Matrix-compatible version of Super Favourites.

If you're still willing to test a Matrix version of Super Favourites, please install my repo and then install Super Favourites Version 2.0.0.
I've tested this version under a November 25th nightly build of Kodi Matrix and it appears to work well.
Please let me know if you find any major problems.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-29

(2020-11-22, 20:24)rocko Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 01:07)jmooremcc Wrote: Great.

No hurry but just curious any luck yet.

Thanks
If you're still willing to test a Matrix version of Super Favourites, please install my repo and then install Super Favourites Version 2.0.0.
I've tested this version under a November 25th nightly build of Kodi Matrix and it appears to work well.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-11-30

I downloaded your repo but it failed to install" due to invalid structure".

I was already on todays nightly build but I changed back to 11/25 but neither would install.

There must be a script or something I'm missing.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-30, 05:00)rocko Wrote: I downloaded your repo but it failed to install" due to invalid structure".

I was already on todays nightly build but I changed back to 11/25 but neither would install.

I've installed the jmooremcc.repo.zip file on my windows 10 computer running Matrix with no problem. What procedure did you use to install the zip file?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Tarkus_ - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-29, 22:40)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-11-07, 23:03)Tarkus_ Wrote: I have Matrix installed on a backup Firestick, so I too would be willing to test a Matrix-compatible version of Super Favourites.

Installed fine, and looked normal opening my old folders/bookmarks.  However, clicking on Edit in the context menu didn't do anything.  Then I tried to add a file to the root of my Super Favourites folder, which I assume worked, but now when trying to open Super Favourites causes Kodi to crash.  I will try again with a clean SF install.

Okay, clean install and didn't touch the default settings.  Didn't crash when opening, but after adding a couple videos, it still doesn't let me edit them (such as to delete them).  Then I tried adding a couple more.  The first one took, but the second one didn't bring up the folder selector.  Now SF won't open again.  Oh, and now I'm getting the SF edit menu in other parts of Kodi, instead of Kodi's context menu.

Restarted, SF still won't open (circle of death).  No longer getting the edit menu elsewhere.  Deleted favourites.xml from my Super Favourites folder and that didn't help.  Deleted a weird 12MB favourites.xml from the S folder and now it opens again, and even seems to be mostly working.  Even the edit menu is working.  One thing I've noticed, though, is if you go to add a video and it brings up the folder selector, clicking on Cancel causes it to be added anyway.

The favourites.xml got recreated in the S folder, but now it's only 352KB instead of 12MB, and doesn't seem to be causing any issues.  I definitely started with a clean install this last time, so SF created that 12MB file either during installation or shortly after.

That's all for now.  I'm only using this Matrix install for testing purposes, so if you need me to try something specifically, let me know, because otherwise, I won't be using it day to day.

(2020-11-30, 07:33)Tarkus_ Wrote:
(2020-11-29, 22:40)jmooremcc Wrote:

Installed fine, and looked normal opening my old folders/bookmarks.  However, clicking on Edit in the context menu didn't do anything.  Then I tried to add a file to the root of my Super Favourites folder, which I assume worked, but now when trying to open Super Favourites causes Kodi to crash.  I will try again with a clean SF install.

Okay, clean install and didn't touch the default settings.  Didn't crash when opening, but after adding a couple videos, it still doesn't let me edit them (such as to delete them).  Then I tried adding a couple more.  The first one took, but the second one didn't bring up the folder selector.  Now SF won't open again.  Oh, and now I'm getting the SF edit menu in other parts of Kodi, instead of Kodi's context menu.

Restarted, SF still won't open (circle of death).  No longer getting the edit menu elsewhere.  Deleted favourites.xml from my Super Favourites folder and that didn't help.  Deleted a weird 12MB favourites.xml from the S folder and now it opens again, and even seems to be mostly working.  Even the edit menu is working.  One thing I've noticed, though, is if you go to add a video and it brings up the folder selector, clicking on Cancel causes it to be added anyway.

The favourites.xml got recreated in the S folder, but now it's only 352KB instead of 12MB, and doesn't seem to be causing any issues.  I definitely started with a clean install this last time, so SF created that 12MB file either during installation or shortly after.

That's all for now.  I'm only using this Matrix install for testing purposes, so if you need me to try something specifically, let me know, because otherwise, I won't be using it day to day.

Please do the following:
1. Go into the SF settings and turn debugging on.
2. Restart Kodi
3. Run SF to add videos and play one video.
4. Exit Kodi.
5. Paste contents of your Kodi log to paste.kodi.tv and post the link so I can view your log.

Thanks

(2020-11-30, 05:00)rocko Wrote: I downloaded your repo but it failed to install" due to invalid structure".

The purpose of the repository addon is for downloading plugins from my repository. It does not contain any plugin code. Install the repository as follows:
1. Download my repository to a known location on your system.
2. Start Kodi and goto Addons.
3. Click on Install From Zip File.
4. Navigate to and select my repository zip file from step 1.

Next install Super Favourites as follows:
1. In Kodi, goto Addons
2. Uninstall existing Super Favourites if present.
3. Click Install From Repository
4. Select my jmooremcc repository
5. Select Programs
6. Select Super Favourites

After installation, goto Super Favourites settings and turn on debugging. You should now be able to run the Matrix compatible version of SF.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-30, 12:05)jmooremcc Wrote:

The purpose of the repository addon is for downloading plugins from my repository. It does not contain any plugin code. Install the repository as follows:
1. Download my repository to a known location on your system.
2. Start Kodi and goto Addons.
3. Click on Install From Zip File.
4. Navigate to and select my repository zip file from step 1.

Next install Super Favourites as follows:
1. In Kodi, goto Addons
2. Uninstall existing Super Favourites if present.
3. Click Install From Repository
4. Select my jmooremcc repository
5. Select Programs
6. Select Super Favourites

After installation, goto Super Favourites settings and turn on debugging. You should now be able to run the Matrix compatible version of SF.

Thanks
Sorry, I reinstalled and it works fine. I am using a modified Aeon MQ8 skin that works on Matrix.

I created several folders and it works perfect so far, the only thing I found that doesn't work is adding  thumbnails. I haven't tried fanart yet.

Thanks for this.