Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-11-30

Would it not more transparent to have 2 threads for SF?

1. for Kodi 18.
Kodi 18 will surely be used for a long time and Super Favorites 1.0.61 is not running there without errors.

2. for Kodi 19.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-30, 12:43)grobiralf Wrote: Would it not more transparent to have 2 threads for SF?

1. for Kodi 18.
Kodi 18 will surely be used for a long time and Super Favorites 1.0.61 is not running there without errors.

2. for Kodi 19.

I am maintaining 2 threads in my repository: one for Leia (Kodi 18) and one for Matrix (Kodi 19)

As far as issues you're having with version 1.0.61, please turn debugging on in SF settings, restart Kodi and run SF. Then exit Kodi and use paste.kodi.tv to allow me to see what's happening in your Kodi log.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-30, 12:26)rocko Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 12:05)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 05:00)rocko Wrote: I downloaded your repo but it failed to install" due to invalid structure".

I was already on todays nightly build but I changed back to 11/25 but neither would install.

There must be a script or something I'm missing.

The purpose of the repository addon is for downloading plugins from my repository. It does not contain any plugin code. Install the repository as follows:
1. Download my repository to a known location on your system.
2. Start Kodi and goto Addons.
3. Click on Install From Zip File.
4. Navigate to and select my repository zip file from step 1.

Next install Super Favourites as follows:
1. In Kodi, goto Addons
2. Uninstall existing Super Favourites if present.
3. Click Install From Repository
4. Select my jmooremcc repository
5. Select Programs
6. Select Super Favourites

After installation, goto Super Favourites settings and turn on debugging. You should now be able to run the Matrix compatible version of SF.

Thanks
Sorry, I reinstalled and it works fine. I am using a modified Aeon MQ8 skin that works on Matrix.

I created several folders and it works perfect so far, the only thing I found that doesn't work is adding  thumbnails. I haven't tried fanart yet.

Thanks for this.
Forgot to turn on thumbnails and fanart in settings.

So far everything is working great in SF Matrix.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-11-30

(2020-11-19, 07:27)zordon12 Wrote: I've added the below sources separately (Kodi 18.9 Android) but when installing from zip, I see no files. What am I doing wrong?

https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc
https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc/blob/master/jmooremcc.repo.zip

When you installed my repo, you should have been able to goto Addons, click Install from repository and then click my repository. You would then click on programs to see Super Favourites.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - probando - 2020-12-01

Thank you very much for your support to keep live the addon.

I have a little problem, in Kodi 18.9 it shows that I have an update of the addon. I have 1.0.61 and it shows 2.0.1, but when I try to update, it doesn't work.

The error is: The dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied

The 2.0.1 version is just for Matrix? If not, how can achieve the update?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-01

(2020-12-01, 01:56)probando Wrote: Thank you very much for your support to keep live the addon.

I have a little problem, in Kodi 18.9 it shows that I have an update of the addon. I have 1.0.61 and it shows 2.0.1, but when I try to update, it doesn't work.

The error is: The dependency on xbmc.python version 3.0.0 could not be satisfied

Version 2.0.1 is only for Matrix and will not load if you are running Leia. Likewise, Version 1.0.61 will not run under Matrix.
The two versions are functionally the same except Version 2 has been modified to run under Python 3, which is the Python interpreter for Matrix.
You don't have to upgrade.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-01

(2020-12-01, 06:29)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 01:56)probando Wrote: Thank you very much for your support to keep live the addon.

Version 2.0.1 is only for Matrix and will not load if you are running Leia. Likewise, Version 1.0.61 will not run under Matrix.
The two versions are functionally the same except Version 2 has been modified to run under Python 3, which is the Python interpreter for Matrix.
You don't have to upgrade.

Wouldnt it make more sense to have a separate repo for Matrix? You have both 1.0.61 and 2.0.1 in the same repo, so its going to fail everytime it tries to update to 2.0.1 if your using Leia. Unless you dont plan on making anymore updates to the Leia version and wee should just delete the repo after installing 1.0.61?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-12-01

(2020-11-30, 13:32)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 12:43)grobiralf Wrote: Would it not more transparent to have 2 threads for SF?

1. for Kodi 18.

2. for Kodi 19.

I am maintaining 2 threads in my repository: one for Leia (Kodi 18) and one for Matrix (Kodi 19)

As far as issues you're having with version 1.0.61, please turn debugging on in SF settings, restart Kodi and run SF. Then exit Kodi and use paste.kodi.tv to allow me to see what's happening in your Kodi log.
To do a Kodi log, i installed a fresh Kodi 18.9.
Then installed your repo.
From repo i installed SF 1.0.61, but automatically 2.01 was installed.
This way, it was not possible, to install SF 1.0.61., even if autoupdate was disabled.

Then i deinstalled SF and restarted Kodi.
I installed SF 1.0.43 from Kodi Addon Repo and deactivated autoupdate in SF.
Than updated SF 1.0.43 to 1.0.61.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-01

(2020-12-01, 12:32)grobiralf Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 13:32)jmooremcc Wrote:

1. for Kodi 18.

2. for Kodi 19.

To do a Kodi log, i installed a fresh Kodi 18.9.
Then installed your repo.
From repo i installed SF 1.0.61, but automatically 2.01 was installed.
This way, it was not possible, to install SF 1.0.61., even if autoupdate was disabled.

Then i deinstalled SF and restarted Kodi.
I installed SF 1.0.43 from Kodi Addon Repo and deactivated autoupdate in SF.
Than updated SF 1.0.43 to 1.0.61.

I'm totally surprised that 18.9 Leia would allow SF 2.0.1 to be installed because it has a Python 3 requirement. Leia 18.9 supposedly only has Python 2.7. I'm really curious now to know if SF 2.0.1 would have run successfully under 18.9 Leia.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-01

In SF Matrix there is a serious flaw.

When you create a folder you can only add a one click item.

If you add an item that takes 2 or more clicks it doesn't work, so if you want to add say Nightly News it takes 1 click one  to open and 1 click to play the day you want but that will not play.

Hope you can fix,

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-01

(2020-12-01, 18:12)rocko Wrote: In SF Matrix there is a serious flaw.

When you create a folder you can only add a one click item.

If you add an item that takes 2 or more clicks it doesn't work, so if you want to add say Nightly News it takes 1 click one  to open and 1 click to play the day you want but that will not play.

Hope you can fix,

Thanks
Yea, I thought this update was to fix that, but its still the same issue. I have a version that does work though. Maybe he can use this to fix it. https://gofile.io/d/rZQbws
**Edit, sorry this is for Leia, which had the same problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-01

jmooremcc is pretty sharp, it may not be that hard for him to fix.

Here's hoping

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-12-02

(2020-12-01, 21:58)jdig4240 Wrote: Yea, I thought this update was to fix that, but its still the same issue. I have a version that does work though. Maybe he can use this to fix it. https://gofile.io/d/rZQbws
This update is now named Diggz Favorites!?
in kodi 18.9 it works, but only if not the Kodi favorites are copied, but instead the shortcuts from the steam-addons (Youtube, ARDundZDF, Radio etc.) are created directly new.
Even then it does not work reliably: The addon shortcuts are connected, but flickering or not at all.

Video Favorites has the same limitations (recreate links), but calls them reliably without flickering.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-03

(2020-12-02, 20:00)grobiralf Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 21:58)jdig4240 Wrote: Yea, I thought this update was to fix that, but its still the same issue. I have a version that does work though. Maybe he can use this to fix it. https://gofile.io/d/rZQbws
This update is now named Diggz Favorites!?
in kodi 18.9 it works, but only if not the Kodi favorites are copied, but instead the shortcuts from the steam-addons (Youtube, ARDundZDF, Radio etc.) are created directly new.
Even then it does not work reliably, but only if not the Kodi favorites were copied, but instead new shortcuts from the stream-addons (Youtube, ARDundZDF, Radio etc.) are created directly.
Even then it does not work reliably: The addon shortcuts are connected flickering or not at all.

Video Favorites has the same limitations (recreate links), but calls them reliably without flickering.
This Superfavorites has nothing to do with the SF jmooremcc is updating. The Diggz Favorites version works fine for me an 18.9. And why would you be trying to copy Kodi favorites to Superfavorites?? Theres already a Kodi Favorites section in Superfavorites that shows Kodi Favorites.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-12-04

(2020-12-03, 02:35)jdig4240 Wrote: And why would you be trying to copy Kodi favorites to Superfavorites?? Theres already a Kodi Favorites section in Superfavorites that shows Kodi Favorites.
Cause the 50 Kodi favorites already exist, but should be divided into categories.