Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MediaPi - 2020-12-13

(2020-12-13, 03:03)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 13:39)MediaPi Wrote:
(2020-12-11, 22:19)jdig4240 Wrote: This is far from having the features SF offers.
please could you list any features you believe Super Favourites has that Video Favourites doesn't?

Theres too many to bother writing out, your obviously not familiar with really using Super Favorites.
LOL
before super favourites was widely known I asked the dev a few things that he implemented.
-I asked him a feature that when you click on a link and click back can it keep the structure, I tested a few sf early versions to see if that worked.
-I asked Sean about isearch that he implemented, I gave him the idea of iRecommend.
-I asked Sean if when creating a SF folder can he automatically use the image of the first item in that folder.
-I asked Sean on tidy up context menu so when you feed it into irecommend or isearch it gets the right movie.
-I asked Sean for the feature that you can select posters from anywhere on kodi and place them on your folders in SF which he was really excited about after implementing it.

The big feature  of keeping keeping the structure was asked by me and tested by me, I think I got the early versions he created for me to have a look at. I know SF more than most since some of those features I asked Sean. He also kindly made me custom code.

Man I wish Sean would pop in and let us know hes okay, hes not come online for years.
so yeah I'd say I know if any of Super Favourites features where lacking in Video Favourites. Alot of what Super favourites tried to accomplish is superseded with autowiget and themovietmdb helper so for me this is a mute point.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-15

(2020-12-13, 22:46)MediaPi Wrote:
(2020-12-13, 03:03)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-12-12, 13:39)MediaPi Wrote: please could you list any features you believe Super Favourites has that Video Favourites doesn't?

Theres too many to bother writing out, your obviously not familiar with really using Super Favorites.
LOL
before super favourites was widely known I asked the dev a few things that he implemented.
-I asked him a feature that when you click on a link and click back can it keep the structure, I tested a few sf early versions to see if that worked.
-I asked Sean about isearch that he implemented, I gave him the idea of iRecommend.
-I asked Sean if when creating a SF folder can he automatically use the image of the first item in that folder.
-I asked Sean on tidy up context menu so when you feed it into irecommend or isearch it gets the right movie.
-I asked Sean for the feature that you can select posters from anywhere on kodi and place them on your folders in SF which he was really excited about after implementing it.

The big feature  of keeping keeping the structure was asked by me and tested by me, I think I got the early versions he created for me to have a look at. I know SF more than most since some of those features I asked Sean. He also kindly made me custom code.

Man I wish Sean would pop in and let us know hes okay, hes not come online for years.
so yeah I'd say I know if any of Super Favourites features where lacking in Video Favourites. Alot of what Super favourites tried to accomplish is superseded with autowiget and themovietmdb helper so for me this is a mute point.
Heres some:
-Cant add Fanart to a folder
-Cant Create a Manual entry with options for Playmedia, Activate Window, run Script, or Exucute Built-in custom commands from within the addon ( A big one for me)
-No colorize name option
-Cant manually edit the favorite
-No Viewtype settings
-Cant add password protection to folders
-Set Sort Orders
-Cant move favorites up or down
-Just to name a few. You may not use them, but I do use all of the above options. I have extensive SF collection of many different categories and subfolders.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-12-16

(2020-12-15, 19:21)jdig4240 Wrote: Heres some:
-Cant Create a Manual entry with options for Playmedia, Activate Window, run Script, or Exucute Built-in custom commands from within the addon ( A big one for me)
-No colorize name option
-No Viewtype settings
-Set Sort Orders
-Just to name a few. You may not use them, but I do use all of the above options. I have extensive SF collection of many different categories and subfolders.
Would be all not bad, although oversized in 1 app (for my purposes).
But what use is it if the main task -favorites- does not work properly in Leia?!
All previous test builds do not work at all or only with flickering when calling favorites.

Then rather an addon (like video favorites), which can do less, but reliably.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmooremcc - 2020-12-16

(2020-12-16, 11:03)grobiralf Wrote:
-No colorize name option
-No Viewtype settings
-Set Sort Orders
But what use is it if the main task -favorites- does not work properly in Leia?!
All previous test builds do not work at all or only with flickering when calling favorites.

I know you've tried an earlier release from my repository under Leia, but I've gotten more feedback from other users and have made more corrections to the code. I'm running Leia 18.9 on my android tablet and it works very well for me.
I would appreciate it if you would try the latest version 1.0.68 and let me know of any problems you encounter.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-16

(2020-12-16, 14:33)jmooremcc Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 11:03)grobiralf Wrote:
-No colorize name option
-No Viewtype settings
-Set Sort Orders

I know you've tried an earlier release from my repository under Leia, but I've gotten more feedback from other users and have made more corrections to the code. I'm running Leia 18.9 on my android tablet and it works very well for me.
I would appreciate it if you would try the latest version 1.0.68 and let me know of any problems you encounter.

Thanks

So far, Im not seeing any issues with your version (1.0.68). Good work!! Thank You!!

(2020-12-16, 14:33)jmooremcc Wrote: I know you've tried an earlier release from my repository under Leia, but I've gotten more feedback from other users and have made more corrections to the code. I'm running Leia 18.9 on my android tablet and it works very well for me.

Thanks
Not possible, to install 1.0.68 from your repository.
It ever installs or updates direct 2.0.5.

(2020-12-16, 20:06)grobiralf Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 14:33)jmooremcc Wrote: I know you've tried an earlier release from my repository under Leia, but I've gotten more feedback from other users and have made more corrections to the code. I'm running Leia 18.9 on my android tablet and it works very well for me.

Thanks
Not possible, to install 1.0.68 from your repository.
It ever installs or updates direct 2.0.5.

Kodi will not load 2.0.5 under Leia because Leia does not meet the requirements. What you are seeing is the result of me having both versions in the repository.

To resolve the issue, go into the SF information screen and click update. You should see the 1.0.68 version. Click the 1.0.68 version to install it. If you don't see the 1.0.68 version, you'll need to force Kodi to perform an update.

(2020-12-16, 20:32)jmooremcc Wrote: To resolve the issue, go into the SF information screen and click update. You should see the 1.0.68 version. Click the 1.0.68 version to install it. If you don't see the 1.0.68 version, you'll need to force Kodi to perform an update.
That is the way i do... and always get version 2.0.5

Possibly other users would like to continue testing?!
For me, Super Favorites (no matter what version) does not work since Leia.

(2020-12-16, 21:05)grobiralf Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 20:32)jmooremcc Wrote: To resolve the issue, go into the SF information screen and click update. You should see the 1.0.68 version. Click the 1.0.68 version to install it. If you don't see the 1.0.68 version, you'll need to force Kodi to perform an update.

When you clicked on update from the SF Information screen, did you see version 1.0 68?

I loaded 1.0.68 into Kodi on my Android tablet using the same procedure I described to you. Kodi auto updates once in a 24 hour period. If you need an update sooner, you have to force Kodi to Update all addons. If you don't do that, my updates won't be visible. I'm not doing anything special on my tablet other than using the repository. I developed the code on a separate windows 10 computer.
https://koditips.com/force-check-for-updates-kodi-addons/

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-16

(2020-12-16, 21:05)grobiralf Wrote:

Just install the zip without the repo. https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc/raw/master/plugin.program.super.favourites/plugin.program.super.favourites-1.0.68.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - grobiralf - 2020-12-17

(2020-12-16, 21:53)jdig4240 Wrote: Just install the zip without the repo. https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc/raw/master/plugin.program.super.favourites/plugin.program.super.favourites-1.0.68.zip
This kind of installation works, but the addon not at all:
I can open a selfmade SF-folder with youtube channels. After closing one to open an other youtube channel does not work.
I think, this addon stays unfortunately not reliable and thus not a solution for constant use.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jdig4240 - 2020-12-17

(2020-12-17, 02:36)grobiralf Wrote:
(2020-12-16, 21:53)jdig4240 Wrote: Just install the zip without the repo. https://github.com/jmooremcc/Repository.jmooremcc/raw/master/plugin.program.super.favourites/plugin.program.super.favourites-1.0.68.zip
This kind of installation works, but the addon not at all:
I can open a selfmade SF-folder with youtube channels. After closing one to open an other youtube channel does not work.
I think, this addon stays unfortunately not reliable and thus not a solution for constant use.
Dont know what you mean, everything works fine for me. Do you have another example, or is it just Youtube? Dont feel like setting up Youtube Keys to try that.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - User 457333 - 2020-12-18

I've gotten SF to work (not by adding the repository but by downloading the necessary zip, plugin.program.super.favourites-1.0.68.zip, and then installing from zip (I'm using CoreElec).

The one thing that doesn't work is if I add a folder from a external hard drive to SF, the folder doesn't open. SF is however able to open a file from that drive though.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rocko - 2020-12-19

For me this addon works fine on all US addons but not on most foreign addons that require 2 or more clicks.

This is way better than not having the addon at all in Matrix.

I want to thank jmooremcc for his work on this.

Maybe he will find a fix for this down the road. I will check back occasionally.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - fernan2021 - 2021-01-02

Greetings to all.

I am doing a project through your phenomenal addon to link my collection of movies uploaded to different google accounts. I love the potential and the possibilities of this addon, but there is a detail that I would like to see covered regarding the images that illustrate each of the titles. The point is that when indicating the path of these images (fanart or thumbnail) it cannot be done in any other way than local. Is there a way to code a url within the super favorites.xml file?

I would like them to offer that possibility to avoid overloading my devices with kodi, in the case of 300 films.

Thank you