Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-04-04

(2015-02-09, 12:04)Marx1 Wrote: I have a small suggestion. When SF overrides "c" key, it shows his own menu and as a last options - original menu. Could it be possible to assign "c" to this last option? So if I would like to launch original menu, I would simple double press "c". Now I need to press "c", move cursor three times down and press "enter". So please if possible add this shortcut to your plugin.

Finally implemented in version 1.0.28

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-04-05

(2015-02-22, 21:27)polloditu Wrote: Hi , once I discovered the Power and Functionality of this Add-on , I feel in love with it and I've got nothing but good things to say to all the people who helped on its development . Sorry if this answer is somewhere else , but my eyes hurt from reading so many post . I would like to know if it's possible to add separators on a super folder list . Let me give you the exact picture , I'm currently building a TV channels list , but to make it easy on the eyes and more appealing I would like to do this ..

SPORTS ( would like to create a no-action link with the name "SPORTS")
[SEPARATOR] ( would like to add a separator between "SPORTS" and the channel list
Channel 1
Channel 2
Channel 3...
[SEPARATOR]
NEWS
[SEPARATOR]
Channel 1
Channel 2
Channel 3
Etc...

I just need help with the "no-action link" and the "separator" ... Nothing else

I hope it's possible , thanks to your add-on and to its ability for adding thumbnails , fanart etc , I'm redesigning Kodi my own way without needing the expertise of a developer .

I want you wish you a great year , good things to come , and Thanks to you all !!

Okay, in the latest version (1.0.28 - my repo only at the moment) you can create manual entries, this new feature can be used to create spacers, or titles, or anything!

Select the 'Create new manual entry' from the context menu, then give it a name (or leave blank for a separator), select PlayMedia as the type, then just leave everything else blank.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Madchester312 - 2015-04-05

Or if on a pc you could always just go in to the xml an take one of your channels

Edit it like this now u can have colour a separator
<favourite name="[COLOR lime]-------[/COLOR]" thumb="">none</favourite>

Odp: RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Marx1 - 2015-04-05

(2015-04-04, 23:42)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 12:04)Marx1 Wrote: I have a small suggestion. When SF overrides "c" key, it shows his own menu and as a last options - original menu. Could it be possible to assign "c" to this last option? So if I would like to launch original menu, I would simple double press "c". Now I need to press "c", move cursor three times down and press "enter". So please if possible add this shortcut to your plugin.

Finally implemented in version 1.0.28

Thank you, it works great!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-04, 11:28)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 16:35)jmh2002 Wrote: @ Spoyser:

I have been re-configuring some of my kodi setup and I noticed that with the latest versions of OTTV and SF a new bug seems to have surfaced in relation to symbols, in this case the "&" character.

Previously SF Folder titles such as 'Sky SciFi & Horror' worked perfectly, but now that I'm trying to link again to folders with an "&" symbol OTTV just gets stuck in a loop and you cant choose "open folder" as the link the option.

I changed all such titles to use "and" instead of "&" and all is ok now.

Not sure if this is a SF or OTTV issue, but in any case i guess you will look into it. Thanks Smile

I think I have fixed this in the latest version 1.0.28 can you give it a try and let me know.

No, sorry, but something has gone badly wrong in v1.0.28, and now I can't even browse any deeper than the initial folder via OTTV:

- my Folder Structure is \Super Favourites\XBMC Setup\TV Streams\Crime & Investigation
- but inside OTTV I can only browse to \Super Favourites\XBMC Setup\
- here I only get the options None (clear current settings), XBMC Setup (open folder), and (no action).
- there is no longer the ability to continuing browsing to the next folders (\TV Streams\Crime & Investigation)

I have tried to roll back to the previous version, however this option is disabled in the SF config.
I installed v1.0.27.6 manually, and this seems to have fixed this problem.

In addition I notice that in C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\ there is now folder created called "S", and inside here is a favourites.xml file.

I dont remember this being present previously, is this correct?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2015-04-06

As a separate request, currently there is an option in settings called "Super Folders inherit thumbnail and fanart".

I was wondering if it would be possible to also have kind of a reverse option?

ie: if I change the folder thumbnail, the links inside can also inherit this new thumbnail?

Im trying to tidy up my TVShow folders, and apply the same OTTV logos to both the folders and the stream files inside.

Presently the stream files inherit the logo of the addon that they were created from, and in turn the folder inherits that too.

I would like an option to do the opposite so that I can change only the folder logo, and the stream files will inherit this and change automatically.

With multiple stream files for each given folder, this will save quite a lot of work on the user side.

But, is it possible? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-04-06

(2015-04-06, 12:32)jmh2002 Wrote: No, sorry, but something has gone badly wrong in v1.0.28, and now I can't even browse any deeper than the initial folder via OTTV:

- my Folder Structure is \Super Favourites\XBMC Setup\TV Streams\Crime & Investigation
- here I only get the options None (clear current settings), XBMC Setup (open folder), and (no action).
- there is no longer the ability to continuing browsing to the next folders (\TV Streams\Crime & Investigation)

I have tried to roll back to the previous version, however this option is disabled in the SF config.

In addition I notice that in C:\Users\VaioTZ31\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.program.super.favourites\ there is now folder created called "S", and inside here is a favourites.xml file.

Yep, looks like I bust it! It does work at the one level deep but goes to pot after that. I'll have another look Sad

The S is correct though, it replaces the Search folder (I decided to rename the helper folders so people don't use them by accident)

I'll look into the other request - basically are you saying you want all items in a folder to have the same thumbnail (and fanart?) as the folder itself?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - hzeir - 2015-04-07

This is one hell of an addon, I appreciate all the efforts put into it.

I would like to know if there is any work around or way to have permanent links to streams that use dynamic tokens in SF. I am using a paid provider of high quality streams and would like to add them to a TV guide addon. The channels can be added easily to kodi favorites and SF, but will show as broken after some time due to the use of new tokens.

I believe there should be some kind of fix, in one of your replies (Post 249) to the USTVNOW issue.

I would highly appreciate a solution to this issue.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jmh2002 - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-06, 21:27)spoyser Wrote: Yep, looks like I bust it!
Yep... Laugh Shxt happens sometimes, no worries.
(2015-04-06, 21:27)spoyser Wrote: The S is correct though, it replaces the Search folder (I decided to rename the helper folders so people don't use them by accident)
Ok all understood.
(2015-04-06, 21:27)spoyser Wrote: I'll look into the other request - basically are you saying you want all items in a folder to have the same thumbnail (and fanart?) as the folder itself?
Yes thats right. Basically as time saving measure to prevent having to change each and every item inside the folder - it can be a lot of work. Maybe I'm the only one but it irritates me when I have several items in a folder (for me its normally live tv stream files) but since they each come from different addons, each one has a size/shape/design of thumbnail, some thumbnails are missing, and some are even wrong... Undecided

So I wanted to tidy this up by using the same logos from OTTV for every stream file, regardless of which addon provides it, so that everything matches and looks nice. Then I realised, that I need to manually edit hundreds of items...

I guess it needs to be somehow optional, since not everyone (or every folder) might need this. Maybe an option on the context menu of the folder itself: "Apply this thumbnail to all items" ?

If you need me to test something, I can do it.

THANKS Smile Nod

EDIT, now that I think about it, I suppose the ultimate time saver would a per folder option that says "Apply OTTV logo for this folder and its items" Blush But maybe that starts to get too complex (folder name vs OTTV name) and maybe provides less flexibility for different use cases.

JSON direct link to favourite? - houser - 2015-04-08

Great addon, thanx!

Working on a remote for my kodi setup via JSON.
Any chance of what the JSON format would be to build a link that directly opens a superfavourite in a videoplayer via JSON?
I might be missing something obvious, but would appreciate a hint or example as I am out of ideas... (:

Something that works in a webbrower for testing and starts something like: http://192.168.x.x:80/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"directory":"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/? [name of favorite here?]"}, "id":1}

TIA!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-06, 12:32)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2015-04-04, 11:28)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 16:35)jmh2002 Wrote: @ Spoyser:

I have been re-configuring some of my kodi setup and I noticed that with the latest versions of OTTV and SF a new bug seems to have surfaced in relation to symbols, in this case the "&" character.

Previously SF Folder titles such as 'Sky SciFi & Horror' worked perfectly, but now that I'm trying to link again to folders with an "&" symbol OTTV just gets stuck in a loop and you cant choose "open folder" as the link the option.

I changed all such titles to use "and" instead of "&" and all is ok now.

Not sure if this is a SF or OTTV issue, but in any case i guess you will look into it. Thanks Smile

I think I have fixed this in the latest version 1.0.28 can you give it a try and let me know.

No, sorry, but something has gone badly wrong in v1.0.28, and now I can't even browse any deeper than the initial folder via OTTV:

I have solved this issue (I think LOL)

Are you in a position to test a file, if so the file is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115581744/XBMC/chooser.py

And needs to be placed in the plugin.program.super.favourites folder (overwrite the existing file)

I'd rather not push a new version just for this fix (although if necessary I can)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 13:10)houser Wrote: Great addon, thanx!

Working on a remote for my kodi setup via JSON.
Any chance of what the JSON format would be to build a link that directly opens a superfavourite in a videoplayer via JSON?
I might be missing something obvious, but would appreciate a hint or example as I am out of ideas... (:

Something that works in a webbrower for testing and starts something like: http://192.168.x.x:80/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"directory":"plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/? [name of favorite here?]"}, "id":1}

TIA!

Not sure, might need some extra coding, would it be for PlayMedia types, is that what you were thinking?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - houser - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 21:58)spoyser Wrote: Not sure, might need some extra coding, would it be for PlayMedia types, is that what you were thinking?

Thank you for your reply!

Not sure I understand your question.
I was simply thinking a json link/code that would be the equivalent of clicking on a super favourite.
Be it a link to a stream, a link to an addon, or whatever.
I hope that makes sense. I would have thought it would be useful for many people eventually.
Thanx again!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-04-08

Ah okay, think I was confused because you used Player.Open in your example

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - houser - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 22:31)spoyser Wrote: Ah okay, think I was confused because you used Player.Open in your example

Ok, sorry. Like I said, I am out of ideas of what to tryWink
So just to be clear, this can't be done with json now as it stands, right?
Make a json link that simply opens/activates a superfavourite?