Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bakra - 2015-06-09

First I want to thank you for this great addon.

I want to use it to have all my favorites for several Kodi machines in a central place. I set the location of the Super Favorites folder to a remote folder on my Ubuntu server.
Kodi can see the contents of the folder, but is not able to write in that folder, although this folder has 777 permissions.
When I connect to the server with SSH on a command line, I am able to write to that folder. So it is not possible to make any favorites or subfolders in this remote folder.

Is this a bug in this addon or is there something I am doing wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - thekid - 2015-06-10

(2015-06-09, 19:17)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 05:15)thekid Wrote: it seems ever since the latest super favorite addon auto update, my thumbnail folder images are no longer showing and also no longer inheriting them. All that is showing is a gray moviereel with ? icon for everything. I tried changing the folder icons manually by pointing to icons stored locally and it still doesn't show next to the favorites but does show on the right when an item is highlighted. Everything was working fine a few days ago. any ideas?

I am running version 1.0.34.

What skin and view type do you have selected?

Can you try Confluence with the standard List and see if you get the thumbnails back.

I am using Aeon nox 5 List view. When you are in a super favorite folder, a small icon shows to the left of each listed favorite and a bigger version of the same icon shows to the right. Now only a gray moviereel with ? over it shows to the left but it shows correctly to the right. When using confluence list view, that skin does not show icons to the left(i dont think thats a feature of the skin) but it does show the big icon to the right like it does in Nox.

Edit: The music super favorites thumbnails are working correctly but not the video super favorites (when adding super favorites to menu bar there is a super favorite video add-on shortcut and also a music addon super favorite shortcut)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-10

(2015-06-10, 06:53)thekid Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 05:15)thekid Wrote: it seems ever since the latest super favorite addon auto update, my thumbnail folder images are no longer showing and also no longer inheriting them. All that is showing is a gray moviereel with ? icon for everything. I tried changing the folder icons manually by pointing to icons stored locally and it still doesn't show next to the favorites but does show on the right when an item is highlighted. Everything was working fine a few days ago. any ideas?

Can you try Confluence with the standard List and see if you get the thumbnails back.

I am using Aeon nox 5 List view. When you are in a super favorite folder, a small icon shows to the left of each listed favorite and a bigger version of the same icon shows to the right. Now only a gray moviereel with ? over it shows to the left but it shows correctly to the right. When using confluence list view, that skin does not show icons to the left(i dont think thats a feature of the skin) but it does show the big icon to the right like it does in Nox.

Edit: The music super favorites thumbnails are working correctly but not the video super favorites (when adding super favorites to menu bar there is a super favorite video add-on shortcut and also a music addon super favorite shortcut)

I might have to take a look at the skin and see what is going on.

Looks like an info label not being setup up for that skin.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-10

I have had a look and it is because SF now defaults the content type to 'movies', this was to allow descriptions and more view types.

However, in the Aeon Nox 5 in the movies view it tries to use $VAR[StudioIconVar] as the icon to the left of the title in the list.

I cannot work out how to get that variable to accept the image I'm setting up so I'm going to post in the Aeon skin forum and see if I get any help.

edit:
BigNoid has committed a fix for this issue to the Isengard branch of the Aeon Nox skin:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/commit/6b2ffe9c40e5799fe161a32fc84d87152f78db19

in the meantime I have confirmed the fix also works in Helix with no changes to SF so you can back-port it should you wish.

The commit is very straight forward but I will also (if BogNoid okays it) post the necessary changes here too.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bakra - 2015-06-10

First I want to thank you for this great addon.

I want to use it to have all my favorites for several Kodi machines in a central place. I set the location of the Super Favorites folder to a remote folder on my Ubuntu server.
Kodi can see the contents of the folder, but is not able to write in that folder, although this folder has 777 permissions.
When I connect to the server with SSH on a command line, I am able to write to that folder. So it is not possible to make any favorites or subfolders in this remote folder.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-10

(2015-06-10, 21:48)bakra Wrote: First I want to thank you for this great addon.

It should work using any type of sharing that kodi supports.

I tested it using windows shares (samba) and it was fine like that.

The folder you set in the settings become the root for SF to use. SF will create a number of worker folders in that directory including one called Super Favourites this is where the favourites you create will get written to. As a test can you copy your Kodi favourites.xml to this location and then see if SF picks it up:

SF Folder in settings
Super Favourites
favourites.xml

Also try enable debugging in the SF settings, then start up SF, try and create a favourite then post a log.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Coolcell - 2015-06-10

FYI: I'm running Windows 8.1 with Kodi and Super Favorites everything is working OK on my system.

Thank you for the great work can't wait to see the next update changes.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - thekid - 2015-06-11

(2015-06-10, 19:36)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-06-09, 19:17)spoyser Wrote: What skin and view type do you have selected?

I have had a look and it is because SF now defaults the content type to 'movies', this was to allow descriptions and more view types.

However, in the Aeon Nox 5 in the movies view it tries to use $VAR[StudioIconVar] as the icon to the left of the title in the list.

I cannot work out how to get that variable to accept the image I'm setting up so I'm going to post in the Aeon skin forum and see if I get any help.

edit:
BigNoid has committed a fix for this issue to the Isengard branch of the Aeon Nox skin:

https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/commit/6b2ffe9c40e5799fe161a32fc84d87152f78db19

in the meantime I have confirmed the fix also works in Helix with no changes to SF so you can back-port it should you wish.

The commit is very straight forward but I will also (if BogNoid okays it) post the necessary changes here too.

ok so do I change the code to whats listed at the URL you posted? If I do this wouldn't it get overwritten when it auto updates to his newest Aeon Nox Helix update and require a manual edit to the code each time? Why doesn't he include this fix to the newest Aeon Nox 5 Helix repo so its no longer an issue? Isengard isn't a stable release yet so I'm not sure why he would only add the fix to that version. Thanks for looking into this issue!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bakra - 2015-06-11

(2015-06-10, 22:02)spoyser Wrote:

The folder you set in the settings become the root for SF to use. SF will create a number of worker folders in that directory including one called Super Favourites this is where the favourites you create will get written to. As a test can you copy your Kodi favourites.xml to this location and then see if SF picks it up:

SF Folder in settings
Super Favourites
favourites.xml

Also try enable debugging in the SF settings, then start up SF, try and create a favourite then post a log.

I copied the favorites.xml to the folder. With Kodi file manager I can find it, also in when I browse to it in the addon settings it is visible. When I start the addon it doesn't see the favorites.xml. Also there are no other (worker) folders in that folder.

I enabled debug, but where can I find the log file?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-11

(2015-06-11, 08:03)thekid Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 19:36)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 06:53)thekid Wrote: I am using Aeon nox 5 List view. When you are in a super favorite folder, a small icon shows to the left of each listed favorite and a bigger version of the same icon shows to the right. Now only a gray moviereel with ? over it shows to the left but it shows correctly to the right. When using confluence list view, that skin does not show icons to the left(i dont think thats a feature of the skin) but it does show the big icon to the right like it does in Nox.

edit:

ok so do I change the code to whats listed at the URL you posted? If I do this wouldn't it get overwritten when it auto updates to his newest Aeon Nox Helix update and require a manual edit to the code each time? Why doesn't he include this fix to the newest Aeon Nox 5 Helix repo so its no longer an issue? Isengard isn't a stable release yet so I'm not sure why he would only add the fix to that version. Thanks for looking into this issue!
Remove the lines marked with a red minus, and add those marked with a green plus.

Yes it would get overwritten. But I'm guessing he won't be pushing any more updates for Helix since he seems to only be committing updates for the Isengard version.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-11

(2015-06-11, 21:10)bakra Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 22:02)spoyser Wrote:

SF Folder in settings
Super Favourites
favourites.xml

I copied the favorites.xml to the folder. With Kodi file manager I can find it, also in when I browse to it in the addon settings it is visible. When I start the addon it doesn't see the favorites.xml. Also there are no other (worker) folders in that folder.

Did you put the favourites.xml file in a subfolder called Super Favourites in the location set in the settings?

The log is the standard kodi log, which is usually in the userdata folder.

Can you try making the share a source using the kodi file manager and then set that source as the SF location?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bakra - 2015-06-11

(2015-06-11, 22:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 21:10)bakra Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 22:02)spoyser Wrote: It should work using any type of sharing that kodi supports.

SF Folder in settings
Super Favourites
favourites.xml

Did you put the favourites.xml file in a subfolder called Super Favourites in the location set in the settings?

Can you try making the share a source using the kodi file manager and then set that source as the SF location?

I did put the favorites.xml in a subfolder called Super Favorites

I did already made the share a source using the Kodi filemanager and set that source as the SF location

In the Kodi userdata folder there is no log file.
I'm using openelec, maybe that has something to do with it?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - harpua1982 - 2015-06-13

I'm sure this is common knowledge, but YT playlists (even from other video addons) will not play using the "PlayMedia" command.

I know this is an issue created from the v3api change from YT and not SuperFavs.

Do you think there will be a fix for it?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-13

(2015-06-13, 00:34)harpua1982 Wrote: I'm sure this is common knowledge, but YT playlists (even from other video addons) will not play using the "PlayMedia" command.

I know this is an issue created from the v3api change from YT and not SuperFavs.

Do you think there will be a fix for it?

Is this a SF issue? If so have you tried changing the Playback mode (last item in the Edit Favourite dialog)?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-13

(2015-06-11, 23:01)bakra Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 22:03)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-06-11, 21:10)bakra Wrote: I copied the favorites.xml to the folder. With Kodi file manager I can find it, also in when I browse to it in the addon settings it is visible. When I start the addon it doesn't see the favorites.xml. Also there are no other (worker) folders in that folder.

I did put the favorites.xml in a subfolder called Super Favorites

I did already made the share a source using the Kodi filemanager and set that source as the SF location

In the Kodi userdata folder there is no log file.
I'm using openelec, maybe that has something to do with it?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location