Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2015-06-22

Hi spoyser,

I had an issue with your default.py alteration, only what i restore it to a Linux build it seems. What happens is when I use robwebber backup addon to restore the addon and userdata and my adjusted config settings, it wipes everything, also the SF addon is completely missing.
If i do the restore without the addon itself every is updated fine.

If i only add the adjusted default.py file i have the same issue, everything is wiped.

I also cant open the SF addon and i get the script error "favourites.script" I have included the log for you.

http://xbmclogs.com/plz4zwohe

Thanks Ed

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Quihico - 2015-06-22

(2015-06-21, 19:13)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi spoyser,

On a somewhat related topic I was wondering if you knew how to edit this favorite to get it working on every PC, not just mine.

I have tried a few things and nothing seems to work

<favourite name="Clear Temp Files PC" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10003,&quot;C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\cache\\&quot;,return)</favourite>

on windows use special://home/temp for the cache folder...

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-22

(2015-06-22, 17:56)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi spoyser,

I had an issue with your default.py alteration, only what i restore it to a Linux build it seems. What happens is when I use robwebber backup addon to restore the addon and userdata and my adjusted config settings, it wipes everything, also the SF addon is completely missing.
If i do the restore without the addon itself every is updated fine.

If i only add the adjusted default.py file i have the same issue, everything is wiped.

I also cant open the SF addon and i get the script error "favourites.script" I have included the log for you.

http://xbmclogs.com/plz4zwohe

Thanks Ed
Looks completely screwed up tbh the code causing the error doesn't exist in the SF file so god knows what has happened during the backup process. I've no one idea what that robwebber thing is doing.

Why are you backing it up anyway,?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-22

(2015-06-22, 22:01)Quihico Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 19:13)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi spoyser,

On a somewhat related topic I was wondering if you knew how to edit this favorite to get it working on every PC, not just mine.

I have tried a few things and nothing seems to work

<favourite name="Clear Temp Files PC" thumb="">ActivateWindow(10003,&quot;C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\Kodi\\cache\\&quot;,return)</favourite>

on windows use special://home/temp for the cache folder...
Doesn't work either.

It seems that File manager doesn't parse the special format.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Quihico - 2015-06-22

(2015-06-22, 22:28)spoyser Wrote: Doesn't work either.

Darn, shame. Though judging by the favourite, all ed davidson wants to do is clear out the temp files, no? Then maybe you're better off making a favourite to one of the many maintenance addons available? I know for a fact that most of them work on windows and other platforms without problems...

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - milosd024 - 2015-06-23

Does anyone have any experience using S.F. with the CCM skin? I am trying to use a SF folder of tv shows via as a widget on my home screen. I get the list of shows, art & etc to display fine as a widget under the home section I want but when i click one of them, the episode content flashes briefly then disappears and I am taken default Videos folder (i.e. files, playlist & video add-ons). It would be an amazing option to use a SF folder as content for a widget! how can i get this to work? why is it taking me to the default Videos folder and not to the SF link location? everything work fine if I access all the favorites within SF but doesn't work via widget in CCM. Thanks for the help!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2015-06-23

(2015-06-22, 23:08)Quihico Wrote:

Darn, shame. Though judging by the favourite, all ed davidson wants to do is clear out the temp files, no? Then maybe you're better off making a favourite to one of the many maintenance addons available? I know for a fact that most of them work on windows and other platforms without problems...
I think I have figured what the problem was. I had nothing to do with SF. I do need to alter the code in the default.py file though.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-23

(2015-06-23, 15:04)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2015-06-22, 23:08)Quihico Wrote:

I think I have figured what the problem was. I had nothing to do with SF. I do need to alter the code in the default.py file though.

Can you let us know the change you made, TIA

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ed_davidson - 2015-06-23

(2015-06-21, 08:09)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 00:01)ed_davidson Wrote: The SF menu will not come up even with global enabled in the .kodi folder.
The only way I could add it was by adding it to kodi favs first.

Okay I have found the issue, if you want to fix it yourself then you can make the following change, otherwise you'll have to wait for the next release.

In default.py find these 2 lines:

Code:
def activateWindowCommand(cmd):    
    cmds = cmd.split(',', 1)

then immediately after add this:

Code:
if '10003' in cmds[0] or 'filemanager' in cmds[0].lower():
        xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
        return

So you'll end up with

Code:
def activateWindowCommand(cmd):    
    cmds = cmd.split(',', 1)

#special case for filemanager
    if '10003' in cmds[0] or 'filemanager' in cmds[0].lower():
        xbmc.executebuiltin(cmd)
        return  

plugin   = None
    activate = None

Did exactly what you said to do and it worked. It was another addon which was throwing things off.

Thanks.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-25

Latest version 1.0.36 pushed, only in my repo at the moment.

When adding an item from SF to Kodi faves it will ask if you want it to cache results, select No for search type favourites.

Also you now can disable rectangular thumbnails (see Display Settings in SF settings). This will also however, disable descriptions.

One thing of note is that you can now set the default view type via the context menu, set the view type to be the one you want, then lock it in via the context menu. If this doesn't work for you please post here including which skin you are using. I have tested this functionality on Confluence, Aeon Nox, Nebula and Conq

Enjoy!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - irish66 - 2015-06-26

Hi, thanks again for a great addon.
Would it be possible to have "move favourite" "remove favourite" and "rename favourite" in the main menu.

Is there way to have a delete files (as in delete files from hard drive) in the
menu.?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-26

(2015-06-26, 01:46)irish66 Wrote: Hi, thanks again for a great addon.
Would it be possible to have "move favourite" "remove favourite" and "rename favourite" in the main menu.

Is there way to have a delete files (as in delete files from hard drive) in the
menu.?

Unfortunately the menu is already full, Kodi only allows 10 items on the menu (actually it allows more it just doesn't display them)

Regarding deleting files, you could create a manual entry favourite to open the File Manager and then delete using that.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MediaPi - 2015-06-26

How did I miss the update. Sean thanks. But I didn't get any dialog asking for result to be cached, on opened Gotham pi1. Couldn't find any option to display cache either
Thankyou for the hardwork. Wish you calm down, you'll burn yourself out Smile

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-06-26

(2015-06-26, 22:28)MediaPi Wrote: How did I miss the update. Sean thanks. But I didn't get any dialog asking for result to be cached, on opened Gotham pi1. Couldn't find any option to display cache either
Thankyou for the hardwork. Wish you calm down, you'll burn yourself out Smile

Sorry I forgot about that. Will look into.

What is does do now is when you add an item back to kodi faves it asks if you want it to cache or not. This is useful for search type faves.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - MediaPi - 2015-06-26

Sounds great, really looking forward to this, thankyou! But take it easy and enjoy the paltry summer we get. Peace