Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-27, 15:07)myfototv Wrote: Hi spoyser,

Hows it going dude, Hope you are well, and all is good, Be sure to let me know when your are over for a few beers Wink

Listen Ive had a couple of ideas Ideas for super favourites one being the choice to add

01|
02|
03| etc etc

to each line at the beginning, and for the second idea I was wondering if I could pm you with the idea. Id love to help out if needed, although its probably too much for me but hey, the offer is there Smile

All the best matey. Hope to hear from you soon. Have a cracking day.

All good here thanks.

I can add the numbering, although why would you want it?

Feel free to PM me your other idea.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - myfototv - 2015-10-27

(2015-10-27, 15:22)spoyser Wrote:

Hows it going dude, Hope you are well, and all is good, Be sure to let me know when your are over for a few beers Wink

Listen Ive had a couple of ideas Ideas for super favourites one being the choice to add

01|
02|
03| etc etc

to each line at the beginning, and for the second idea I was wondering if I could pm you with the idea. Id love to help out if needed, although its probably too much for me but hey, the offer is there Smile

All good here thanks.

I can add the numbering, although why would you want it?

Feel free to PM me your other idea.

Hi Spoyser,

when sorting through lines of the same name, when the line you are on is deleted, the line focus goes back to the top of the list and you have to go down to where you were by manually counting the lines down where you were. If there was a numbered line option it would be quicker, Also when clicking on a line in amongst lines of the new same name if that line doesnt work, naturally you go down the list, until one works, visually it would be easier to see the line number when you click and if it doesnt work go to the next number. I hope I explain my self. PM coming now. Cheers dude

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - myfototv - 2015-10-27

01|
02|
03| etc etc

PM Sent cheers Spoyser

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - rayanamukami - 2015-10-29

Dear spoyser

I'd like to request a section on how to properly uninstall Super Favourites, since using the default add-on configuration the add-on will modify the context menu. After its removal, the context menu can no longer be brought up. I reinstalled it, disabled all the Super Favourites configurations, uninstalled and restarted kodi. The context menu seems to work again, but I'm not sure if its properly uninstalled.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-10-29

(2015-10-29, 21:33)rayanamukami Wrote: Dear spoyser

I'd like to request a section on how to properly uninstall Super Favourites, since using the default add-on configuration the add-on will modify the context menu. After its removal, the context menu can no longer be brought up. I reinstalled it, disabled all the Super Favourites configurations, uninstalled and restarted kodi. The context menu seems to work again, but I'm not sure if its properly uninstalled.

The default configuration will not affect the menu.

Only if you enable it in the settings will it modify the menu.

What you have done sounds fine, if your standard menu is back then all is good.

The latest version of SF cleans up better when uninstalled.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - McButton - 2015-11-02

Hello, I have a few odd issues that maybe you can help with.
1) Sometimes, I get a popup that says One or more items failed to play. If it doesn't error completely, the video will actually play until I hit ok. THEN, when I click the video again, it works fine. This happens with some online vids and practically all of my actual movies stored on the hard drive.

2) When I delete a favorited item, sometimes it takes me back to the main Movie/TV/etc menu that promps me to put in a password, instead of just taking me to the super favorites.

3) Why is it when I click on a video that I have favorited, it shows the plot, but nothing else. No runtime, year, actors, imdb, nothing.
----------------------------------------------

This addon is much more efficient than the standard favorites. Thanks for all the work!

Oh, is there a way to have my favorites save menu default to Super Favorites? When I try to save a vid, I have to navigate past the S, PL, SuperFavorites menu screen.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-02

(2015-11-02, 05:40)McButton Wrote: Hello, I have a few odd issues that maybe you can help with.
1) Sometimes, I get a popup that says One or more items failed to play. If it doesn't error completely, the video will actually play until I hit ok. THEN, when I click the video again, it works fine. This happens with some online vids and practically all of my actual movies stored on the hard drive.

2) When I delete a favorited item, sometimes it takes me back to the main Movie/TV/etc menu that promps me to put in a password, instead of just taking me to the super favorites.

3) Why is it when I click on a video that I have favorited, it shows the plot, but nothing else. No runtime, year, actors, imdb, nothing.
----------------------------------------------

This addon is much more efficient than the standard favorites. Thanks for all the work!

Oh, is there a way to have my favorites save menu default to Super Favorites? When I try to save a vid, I have to navigate past the S, PL, SuperFavorites menu screen.

1) try changing the playback mode via the context menu

2) no idea, what password is it actually asking for?

3) when adding an item to SF it tries to auto fill its description (this is also editable via the context menu). For movies the plot is used for the description.

4) not really, it is done like that so in code I can tell if the browse dialog was cancelled (kodi doesn't provide a confirmed method for the folder browse dialog - shame really)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - iRubin - 2015-11-04

Hi spoyser,

at first I want to say thank you for this great addon!
For me it is a must have for Kodi and I think your Super Favorites are much better than the originally Favorites. For me it should be a part of Kodi.

Since one week (Last Update) I have some problems with metadata in Super Favorites-Folder. After a restart the metadata of seasons and episodes is lost.

Is it possible that this is a problem of Super Favorites?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - iRubin - 2015-11-04

One more question.
Maybe it is possible to add an feature.
It would be great if we can search for metadata directly in your addon through the context menu?

Thank you for your work!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-04

(2015-11-04, 18:44)iRubin Wrote: One more question.
Maybe it is possible to add an feature.
It would be great if we can search for metadata directly in your addon through the context menu?

Thank you for your work!

What do you mean by lost metadata?

It will only show descriptions when launched from the video menu.

What do you mean by search metadata? Have you tried the iRecommend feature in iSearch?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - paulmacnicol - 2015-11-07

Hi Spoyser - great addon! I've been having a lot of success with iSearch, but is there somewhere I can download an up to date favourites.xml with all the latest addons listed? I've managed to modify it a little to get it doing largely what I want, but it feels like I'm reinventing the wheel and I'm sure others have made more progress than me! I'm particularly struggling to get Pulsar working, is this supported at all and has anyone got the code I need to add to the favourites.xml file, so I can search Pulsar as well?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-07

(2015-11-07, 19:37)paulmacnicol Wrote: Hi Spoyser - great addon! I've been having a lot of success with iSearch, but is there somewhere I can download an up to date favourites.xml with all the latest addons listed? I've managed to modify it a little to get it doing largely what I want, but it feels like I'm reinventing the wheel and I'm sure others have made more progress than me! I'm particularly struggling to get Pulsar working, is this supported at all and has anyone got the code I need to add to the favourites.xml file, so I can search Pulsar as well?

Have you got the version from my repo? That has a few more.

I looked into adding pulsar a while back but the source code isn't available, so was a bit of a brick wall.

You could try asking the author if there is a way to invoke the addon with a prepopulated search query, that is what is needed.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - McButton - 2015-11-07

What do you mean by playback mode? I just hit play, and it now errors every favorite I add. I have to play ittwice to work. Ideas?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-08

(2015-11-07, 19:37)paulmacnicol Wrote: Hi Spoyser - great addon! I've been having a lot of success with iSearch, but is there somewhere I can download an up to date favourites.xml with all the latest addons listed? I've managed to modify it a little to get it doing largely what I want, but it feels like I'm reinventing the wheel and I'm sure others have made more progress than me! I'm particularly struggling to get Pulsar working, is this supported at all and has anyone got the code I need to add to the favourites.xml file, so I can search Pulsar as well?

Might be more sensible to use YouTube as the example and not include any banned addons by name.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-08

(2015-11-07, 21:44)McButton Wrote: What do you mean by playback mode? I just hit play, and it now errors every favorite I add. I have to play ittwice to work. Ideas?

Open the context menu on the item in question. Select Edit Super Favourite.

You should then see Change Playback mode as one of the options.

It is sometimes needed if the original addon isn't coded quite right.