Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - myfototv - 2015-11-10

Morning Spoyer,

First of all thank-you for the new features. Really cool.
Any thoughts on the Kodi Course? PM?

Secondly, is there anyway to start the iSearch "do you want to add this to iSearch" function as it appears not to be working V1.0.41. I tried to copy the favourites.xml from resources/Search from one laptop to another with no luck.

Thank-you.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-10

(2015-11-10, 11:42)myfototv Wrote: Morning Spoyer,

First of all thank-you for the new features. Really cool.
Any thoughts on the Kodi Course? PM?

Secondly, is there anyway to start the iSearch "do you want to add this to iSearch" function as it appears not to be working V1.0.41. I tried to copy the favourites.xml from resources/Search from one laptop to another with no luck.

Thank-you.

Hi there (will reply to pm when I get a moment)

It should now copy it automatically, people were moaning about the dialog so now it just copies them all Smile

Are you sure it isn't working?

Also it only does it when it when it detects a version number change, to force it, go into the settings.xml file in the SF user data folder and remove the VERSION=1.0.41 line then restart SF

Obviously you could copy it directly to the S folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - myfototv - 2015-11-10

Yep Done it nice one, Needed a system restart.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - jonviper - 2015-11-11

Hi Spoyser and thanks for your reply, I tried to delete the addon again and i got it working with making folders etc for a few days but now i am getting the same error and have tried deleing then uninstaling again but its not working again for some reason. I never had any issues with this on 14.2 im thinking it must be something to do with either 15.2 or my builkd running 15.2. The version is 1.0.41 as you say, i am currently trying to find out how to locate the error log for it then i shall post that once im done, hopefully that will show the problem or at least give me something to try. tbh im kinda struggling with eroor log also, any help with that would also be appreciated, if it comes to it i will just redo my whole build if needs be but dont want to do that. thanks for your time and any other helpful posters, thanks

i downloaded an addon called easy log viewer and have took a few screenshots of some errors but now i dont know how to post them on the forum lol. im not the most clued up with all of this tbh

I just notice there were some erors to do with njm soccer and thought i would try and remove that and see if it helps and it has, first time i tried it super favourites is working perfect again, i can make new folders etc, so its seems njm soccer for whatever reason was causing super favourites to get error when trying to add new folders. i will now try re-add njm and see if that still works.

well i tried to download njm again and yet again it is causing super favourites to not work when trying to create a new folder or explore xbmc favourites, so now i have found the problem i just need to figure why njm is causing this to happen on SF. Again any suggestions welcome

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Morphy99 - 2015-11-12

Hi Thanks for the addon, new to it but its super versatile and am enjoying playing with the customisation possibilities!
Have a question regarding the folder thumbs, in my skin (titan) they only show up in panel or poster views. Everything else just uses the background. Can I change this in the .cfg file from ICON to say THUMB or BANNER?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - santos954 - 2015-11-12

[quote='springroll' pid='2079704' dateline='1439560249']
spoyser - any thoughts on this? Thanks!

[quote='springroll' pid='2077545' dateline='1439346565']
[quote='spoyser' pid='2077358' dateline='1439327229']

Now I have another question. I added a Super Favorites folder as a widget to the home screen. The widget works fine and the items in the folder would show up correctly too. The problem is that once I'm in the individual add-on of the items within the folder, once I hit the remote to go back, it doesn't go back to the Super Favorites folder menu, instead it goes back to the main Video menu. Is there something I need to do when setting up the widget, so it would return to the folder when leaving the add-on from the folder?
Sorry for making it sound more convoluted than it actually is.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I can't find it anywhere.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - stoketech - 2015-11-12

Fantastic addon, loving your work. I use Super Favourites to keep my families installations up to date by just uploading my own backup and having them restore from it.

One thing I'd love to be able to do is deploy new addons to them using super favourites. It already sort of works - if the addon is available in a repo, I can just add the link to content within the addon as normal, and they'll be prompted to install the required addon as soon as they try and follow the link. What I'd love to be able to do though is install an addon from a zip file which isn't in a repo. For example, have a favourite like "InstallAddon("http://myserver.com/myaddon.zip"). Is this possible?

(2015-11-12, 12:53)stoketech Wrote: Fantastic addon, loving your work. I use Super Favourites to keep my families installations up to date by just uploading my own backup and having them restore from it.

One thing I'd love to be able to do is deploy new addons to them using super favourites. It already sort of works - if the addon is available in a repo, I can just add the link to content within the addon as normal, and they'll be prompted to install the required addon as soon as they try and follow the link. What I'd love to be able to do though is install an addon from a zip file which isn't in a repo. For example, have a favourite like "InstallAddon("http://myserver.com/myaddon.zip"). Is this possible?
+1 for this

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-12

(2015-11-11, 23:35)jonviper Wrote: I just notice there were some erors to do with njm soccer and thought i would try and remove that and see if it helps and it has, first time i tried it super favourites is working perfect again, i can make new folders etc, so its seems njm soccer for whatever reason was causing super favourites to get error when trying to add new folders. i will now try re-add njm and see if that still works.

well i tried to download njm again and yet again it is causing super favourites to not work when trying to create a new folder or explore xbmc favourites, so now i have found the problem i just need to figure why njm is causing this to happen on SF. Again any suggestions welcome

Probably better off talking to the author of the other addon.

Sounds very odd though!

(2015-11-12, 00:22)Morphy99 Wrote: Have a question regarding the folder thumbs, in my skin (titan) they only show up in panel or poster views. Everything else just uses the background. Can I change this in the .cfg file from ICON to say THUMB or BANNER?

Is this a skin bug or your addon spoyser? Is there anything else I can put in the .cfg file for the skin to pickup a banner image or a thumb image?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-12

(2015-11-12, 23:11)Morphy99 Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 00:22)Morphy99 Wrote: Have a question regarding the folder thumbs, in my skin (titan) they only show up in panel or poster views. Everything else just uses the background. Can I change this in the .cfg file from ICON to say THUMB or BANNER?

Is this a skin bug or your addon spoyser? Is there anything else I can put in the .cfg file for the skin to pickup a banner image or a thumb image?

Can you try launching SF from the music menu and see if the icons show correctly?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Morphy99 - 2015-11-13

(2015-11-12, 23:43)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 23:11)Morphy99 Wrote:

Can you try launching SF from the music menu and see if the icons show correctly?

I assume you mean go into music then hit context and launch SF quick launch then SF folders? They look the same. It's annoying as this skin has some awesome views I just can't get SF folder thumbs/fanart to show properly.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-13

(2015-11-13, 00:09)Morphy99 Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 23:43)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 23:11)Morphy99 Wrote: Is this a skin bug or your addon spoyser? Is there anything else I can put in the .cfg file for the skin to pickup a banner image or a thumb image?

I assume you mean go into music then hit context and launch SF quick launch then SF folders? They look the same. It's annoying as this skin has some awesome views I just can't get SF folder thumbs/fanart to show properly.

No, just launch SF from the music addons menu