Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-14, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: Not on my dev machine that is still running Frodo it isn't Smile

Oh damn, that's a shame. Maybe added in Gotham than. No way to track it as far as I can see.
Great that you got it working btw. One thing however: There are now posters/thumbs set as landscape. Imo this doesn't look great and the fanart would be a better fit (as it's the right aspect ratio).

Isn't it true that the favourites thumbs are always poster aspect ratio ?

I've added a setting to allow them to be set individually.

Can you let me know what infolabel is used for the panel square view as it seems to be falling back to fanart regardless of what I set.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - myfototv - 2015-11-15

Hi Spoyser,
Good evening, Just to let you know that for some reason when importing Super Favourites.zip, the program has started wiping out the user_data settings.xml file and losing the configuration settings of Super Favourites. Previously when asked "do you want to include you Settings" you could click "no" and it would just copy the Super Favourites as per normal, Now You have to include the settings in the exported zip file and make sure that when you import and are asked "Do you want to overwrite current Settings" that you click "yes" otherwise all settings are erased. Just wondering if you could have a look. Thank you a million Spoyser.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Morphy99 - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 22:01)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 17:50)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 17:13)spoyser Wrote: Not on my dev machine that is still running Frodo it isn't Smile

Oh damn, that's a shame. Maybe added in Gotham than. No way to track it as far as I can see.
Great that you got it working btw. One thing however: There are now posters/thumbs set as landscape. Imo this doesn't look great and the fanart would be a better fit (as it's the right aspect ratio).

Isn't it true that the favourites thumbs are always poster aspect ratio ?

I've added a setting to allow them to be set individually.

Can you let me know what infolabel is used for the panel square view as it seems to be falling back to fanart regardless of what I set.
I guess youve tried thumb? It wouldn't be setIcon would it? I'm just going out on a limb. Marcel is probably best answering this!

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 22:13)myfototv Wrote: Hi Spoyser,
Good evening, Just to let you know that for some reason when importing Super Favourites.zip, the program has started wiping out the user_data settings.xml file and losing the configuration settings of Super Favourites. Previously when asked "do you want to include you Settings" you could click "no" and it would just copy the Super Favourites as per normal, Now You have to include the settings in the exported zip file and make sure that when you import and are asked "Do you want to overwrite current Settings" that you click "yes" otherwise all settings are erased. Just wondering if you could have a look. Thank you a million Spoyser.

Definitely sounds like a bug, I'll take a look ASAP

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - User 224999 - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 22:01)spoyser Wrote: Can you let me know what infolabel is used for the panel square view as it seems to be falling back to fanart regardless of what I set.

It prefers the fanart if the content is movies or tvshows, otherwise it will just use the thumb image.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Morphy99 - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 23:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 22:01)spoyser Wrote: Can you let me know what infolabel is used for the panel square view as it seems to be falling back to fanart regardless of what I set.

It prefers the fanart if the content is movies or tvshows, otherwise it will just use the thumb image.
Would it not make more sense to prefer thumb over fanart?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 23:19)marcelveldt Wrote:

Cheers, that explains why I'm seeing fanart then, as SF attempts to mimic movie content

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - myfototv - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 23:11)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 22:13)myfototv Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

Definitely sounds like a bug, I'll take a look ASAP

Thankyou for the amazing work on the addon

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - User 224999 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-15, 23:27)Morphy99 Wrote: Would it not make more sense to prefer thumb over fanart?

No, that would result in the poster image being displayed in a landscaped box for movies content. Not good Wink

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 11:33)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 23:27)Morphy99 Wrote: Would it not make more sense to prefer thumb over fanart?

No, that would result in the poster image being displayed in a landscaped box for movies content. Not good Wink

From what I saw the in the panel view the image is square.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - User 224999 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 11:39)spoyser Wrote: From what I saw the in the panel view the image is square.

Oops, not yet awake :-)
I mean.. that would result in a cutted version of the poster in the square thumb.
Square is designed for music covers or addon listings (square images).

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Morphy99 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 11:41)marcelveldt Wrote: Oops, not yet awake :-)
I mean.. that would result in a cutted version of the poster in the square thumb.
Square is designed for music covers or addon listings (square images).

Yes but fanart would be cropped as well. Maybe that does look better in movie views. Maybe if its not too much work you could add an option for panel square to use thumbs in settings?

Unless there's a way to define a folder use the music covers version in SF. Not sure that would work with video favourites however.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bendetto - 2015-11-16

I have used this add on to completely categorize all my content but there seems to be a limit on how many folders you can add. I find folders just disappear when trying to edit them and when trying to export settings for installation on another system the live tv folder I created will not transfer weather I use the export function or just copy the super folder and zip it myself. every time the live tv folder does not show in the zip file. I can just export the live tv folder and import it fine but even if I do not select clear current when importing it erases all my other folders and I'm left with just the live tv folder.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-16, 18:35)bendetto Wrote: I have used this add on to completely categorize all my content but there seems to be a limit on how many folders you can add. I find folders just disappear when trying to edit them and when trying to export settings for installation on another system the live tv folder I created will not transfer weather I use the export function or just copy the super folder and zip it myself. every time the live tv folder does not show in the zip file. I can just export the live tv folder and import it fine but even if I do not select clear current when importing it erases all my other folders and I'm left with just the live tv folder.

Can you confirm what version you are running?

Also, all folders need to be in located within the folder called Super Favourites (this is classed as the root). There is not limit to the number of folders you can have.

There is currently a bug in the export function that could explain some of what you are seeing, I'll push a fix to that in the next day or so.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bendetto - 2015-11-16

Operating system is windows 10. I have tried it both on Isenguard and Jarvis (alpha and nightly) with the same results. I first noticed something was amiss when I was either moving or editing a folder the folder would be gone after making my changes. The live tv folder has subfolders for each channel so it leads me to believe it may have something to do with number of folders which prevents me from exporting the complete super favourite folder. I can export them separately fine but no matter which way I try I cant combine them.
Another problem I had encountered was the super favorite user data folder would not allow me to delete it as the sftemp file was stuck in an endless loop.