Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-16

And what version of SF?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Morphy99 - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-13, 14:18)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 00:26)Morphy99 Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 00:15)spoyser Wrote: No, just launch SF from the music addons menu

Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).

Okay, I think it is fixed, can you download this file:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115581744/XBMC/default.py

And overwrite the current SF file with it (assuming you are on 1.0.41 from my repo)

Let me know if that works how you think it should.

This isn't working correctly on my win7 machine but I think it may be due to it using the Beta Titan skin? I've def copied the default.py to the correct place and also reinstalled the addon from your repo before.
This is the status of these views:

Thumbs/Landscape display fanart in place of icon still.
Banner displays icon (fixed)
Panel Square fanart still (expected)

I tried going into SF from music addons to see if the panel square views showed the icons but no go.

(2015-11-16, 19:48)bendetto Wrote: Operating system is windows 10. I have tried it both on Isenguard and Jarvis (alpha and nightly) with the same results. I first noticed something was amiss when I was either moving or editing a folder the folder would be gone after making my changes. The live tv folder has subfolders for each channel so it leads me to believe it may have something to do with number of folders which prevents me from exporting the complete super favourite folder. I can export them separately fine but no matter which way I try I cant combine them.
Another problem I had encountered was the super favorite user data folder would not allow me to delete it as the sftemp file was stuck in an endless loop.

Yep, there is a bug in the zip file creation that causes a recursive file to be created.

I have now fixed the bug and will push the fix very soon.

(2015-11-16, 20:39)Morphy99 Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 00:26)Morphy99 Wrote: Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).

And overwrite the current SF file with it (assuming you are on 1.0.41 from my repo)

This isn't working correctly on my win7 machine but I think it may be due to it using the Beta Titan skin? I've def copied the default.py to the correct place and also reinstalled the addon from your repo before.

I tried going into SF from music addons to see if the panel square views showed the icons but no go.

It definitely won't be windows os related so maybe down to the beta skin, I'm not sure tbh

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-12, 06:48)santos954 Wrote: [quote='springroll' pid='2079704' dateline='1439560249']
spoyser - any thoughts on this? Thanks!

[quote='springroll' pid='2077545' dateline='1439346565']
[quote='spoyser' pid='2077358' dateline='1439327229']

Now I have another question. I added a Super Favorites folder as a widget to the home screen. The widget works fine and the items in the folder would show up correctly too. The problem is that once I'm in the individual add-on of the items within the folder, once I hit the remote to go back, it doesn't go back to the Super Favorites folder menu, instead it goes back to the main Video menu. Is there something I need to do when setting up the widget, so it would return to the folder when leaving the add-on from the folder?
Sorry for making it sound more convoluted than it actually is.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I can't find it anywhere.

Just press back again.

It is down to window IDs, the Super Folders are opened into the Program window by the skin. But the addon you then navigate into requires the video window so SF changes to that window automatically.

Thus when you click back you are taken to the video window 1st.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - santos954 - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-13, 21:07)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-11-12, 06:48)santos954 Wrote: [quote='springroll' pid='2079704' dateline='1439560249']
spoyser - any thoughts on this? Thanks!

[quote='springroll' pid='2077545' dateline='1439346565']
[quote='spoyser' pid='2077358' dateline='1439327229']

Now I have another question. I added a Super Favorites folder as a widget to the home screen. The widget works fine and the items in the folder would show up correctly too. The problem is that once I'm in the individual add-on of the items within the folder, once I hit the remote to go back, it doesn't go back to the Super Favorites folder menu, instead it goes back to the main Video menu. Is there something I need to do when setting up the widget, so it would return to the folder when leaving the add-on from the folder?
Sorry for making it sound more convoluted than it actually is.

Were you ever able to find a solution to this? I can't find it anywhere.

What skin are you using to create the widget?

Arctic Zephyr. It happens consistently when you enter a folder within a folder and then try to backout, you will have to backout through the superfavorites app and then the video root folder. the root folder also pops up in the background when you search from the homes screen (i have search genesis movies as a shortcut on my homescreen for example: note used the no cache feature as I was supposed to). you then have to back out of it when you are done.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bendetto - 2015-11-17

I am using version 1.0.41

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - artur251 - 2015-11-17

Super Favourites documentation says that from version v1.0.35 have been added added media info, media info 2 Media info 3 views:
v1.0.35
- Added more view types (letter, big letter, Thumbnail, Poster Wrap Fanart, media info, media info 2 Media info 3) - Launch SF video from the menu for bridge eye candy

How can you set the Media info, because "in the loop" views available in Confluence are just List, List wide etc but not media info, media info 2 Media info 3?
The second problem is the availability of the SF menu for adding favorite: I have installed the plug v1.0.41 and adding items to the menu favorites is an standard (no options SF) - how to change the menu at this from SF?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 14:52)artur251 Wrote: Super Favourites documentation says that from version v1.0.35 have been added added media info, media info 2 Media info 3 views:
v1.0.35
- Added more view types (letter, big letter, Thumbnail, Poster Wrap Fanart, media info, media info 2 Media info 3) - Launch SF video from the menu for bridge eye candy

How can you set the Media info, because "in the loop" views available in Confluence are just List, List wide etc but not media info, media info 2 Media info 3?
The second problem is the availability of the SF menu for adding favorite: I have installed the plug v1.0.41 and adding items to the menu favorites is an standard (no options SF) - how to change the menu at this from SF?

Currently SF sets the content type to movies which then enables the additional Movies style views. SF also allows you to set the description on the SF via the Edit Super Favourite menu, the description will then appear where the current view type would display the plot.

In the SF settings you need to enable the Global Menu to allow you to add directly to SF.

Thx for answer but:
The plot is available only in : media info, media info 2, media info 3. As I wrote : I can't change view type on media info. Why?

In SF configuration option "Global Menu"/"Enable global Super Favourites menu"=ON, but for example additing item from Genesis in context menu is only "standard" option "Add to favourites". Why?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-17, 18:40)artur251 Wrote: Thx for answer but:
The plot is available only in : media info, media info 2, media info 3. As I wrote : I can't change view type on media info. Why?

In SF configuration option "Global Menu"/"Enable global Super Favourites menu"=ON, but for example additing item from Genesis in context menu is only "standard" option "Add to favourites". Why?

Are you launching SF from the video menu?

What hardware are you using? It sounds like the keymap for the menu key isn't working.

THX for quick answer.
Now I have prepared second device and I test on 2 enviroments:
1 Raspberry Pi B+ (Kodi Helix 14.1)
2 Windows 8 (Kodi Insengard 15.2)
Issue of view type in SF from video menu
ad.1 View type Media info is available <- it is OK
ad.2 View type Media info is NOT available <- I don't known why? but this issue isn't important...

Issue of SF global menu :
ad.1 I use TV pilot and "Keymap editor" (button i set for option : Global/Navigation/Context Menu). BINGO : "directry by mouse" context menu works properly. What action is connectet with SF global menu? <- Now THIS issue is critical for me
ad.2 SF global menu works properlySmile

(2015-11-17, 20:04)artur251 Wrote: THX for quick answer.

Issue of SF global menu :
ad.1 I use TV pilot and "Keymap editor" (button i set for option : Global/Navigation/Context Menu). BINGO : "directry by mouse" context menu works properly. What action is connectet with SF global menu? <- Now THIS issue is critical for me

You need to edit the keymap file that the Keymap editor creates and edit the entry for the button you want to use for the SF menu, and change it to something along the lines of this:

Code:
<i>XBMC.RunScript(special://home/addons/plugin.program.super.favourites/capture.py)</i>

(2015-11-16, 20:39)Morphy99 Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 00:26)Morphy99 Wrote: Oh ok, nope still the same. In Thumbs/Banner/Landscape/Panel views the Icon is the same as the fanart. In Poster/Panel views the icon is the poster/panel and fanart is the background (correct).

I have just pushed version 1.0.42, this has quite a few additions to the display settings page, in order to hopefully make it more configurable for you to get what you are aiming for.

In the SF settings, set the view content to Files, and the landscape, banner and poster to Thumbnails, and the view itself to Panel Square details, I think you will then get what you are after.

Also the "Remember view type", now also works in the Titan skin.

Let me know if the changes work for you.

(2015-11-16, 19:48)bendetto Wrote: Operating system is windows 10. I have tried it both on Isenguard and Jarvis (alpha and nightly) with the same results. I first noticed something was amiss when I was either moving or editing a folder the folder would be gone after making my changes. The live tv folder has subfolders for each channel so it leads me to believe it may have something to do with number of folders which prevents me from exporting the complete super favourite folder. I can export them separately fine but no matter which way I try I cant combine them.
Another problem I had encountered was the super favorite user data folder would not allow me to delete it as the sftemp file was stuck in an endless loop.

I have just released 1.0.42 can you try that and see if your issues are resolved.