Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - mariofenech - 2016-02-11

(2016-02-11, 08:06)DWood32006 Wrote: Love the Super Favourites. Very intuitive!
Little prob. Having trouble getting Super Favourites folders to work in widgets. I'm Using Aeon Nox Silvo Mod and when using the Kodi Favourites widget to select a folder i have created it does not work. Just got back to home screen.
The shortcut folder can be selected from the dialog window when i open the kodi favourites. But of course the goal is to have as few clicks as possible... LOL

I know a few others were having some trouble using widgets in other skins (and I saw you do not use same skin) and I can post over in that forum if this not something you can help w/ or issue w/ SF

Here is a log. Lines 2761 and 2786 are where the errors are at.
http://www.xbmclogs.com/pvuwchfdi#line-2761

Any help is great appreciated!!

Have you tryed the Video Nodes option...not sure if its possible in Aeon Nox tough

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-11

Little prob. Having trouble getting Super Favourites folders to work in widgets. I'm Using Aeon Nox Silvo Mod and when using the Kodi Favourites widget to select a folder i have created it does not work. Just got back to home screen.
The shortcut folder can be selected from the dialog window when i open the kodi favourites. But of course the goal is to have as few clicks as possible... LOL

I know a few others were having some trouble using widgets in other skins (and I saw you do not use same skin) and I can post over in that forum if this not something you can help w/ or issue w/ SF

Are you using the very latest version from my repo (1.0.46) as that should work.

(It is confirmed working in Artic.Zephyr and Titan)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - dontel - 2016-02-11

I saw that in the folder there is a file "folder.cfg", inside of this file there is the line DESC=, i found that it's contains the plot.
i wanted to ask if there are more records that can be added to this file, (like: title,genre,cast,director...)?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - watermouf - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-03, 22:08)spoyser Wrote: Just pushed a quick fix that should sort out the corruption.

I'll look into the folder issue (did it work okay in 1.0.45?)

(Sorting folders has always been on my todo list - just never thought of a way of implementing it yet LOL)

46.1 fixes the corruption issues thanks !

As far as folder sorting, I would love to add a folder to the bottom (or even the middle) of a list. Sounds like you already thought about it.

It can be currently "sort of" accomplished by using a "Linked folder". Currently if you click the back button within a "Linked folder", you will be returned either to the Kodi Home Screen (if ",return" is added to the path) or returned to the SuperFav root folder (if ",return" is omitted from path) and not the previous subfolder. If "Linked folders" could retain/remember their directory tree structure that would solve the problem.

Either way thanks again, great work as usual!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-12, 01:17)watermouf Wrote:
(2016-02-03, 22:08)spoyser Wrote: Just pushed a quick fix that should sort out the corruption.

(Sorting folders has always been on my todo list - just never thought of a way of implementing it yet LOL)

As far as folder sorting, I would love to add a folder to the bottom (or even the middle) of a list. Sounds like you already thought about it.

It can be currently "sort of" accomplished by using a "Linked folder". Currently if you click the back button within a "Linked folder", you will be returned either to the Kodi Home Screen (if ",return" is added to the path) or returned to the SuperFav root folder (if ",return" is omitted from path) and not the previous subfolder. If "Linked folders" could retain/remember their directory tree structure that would solve the problem.

I have just pushed an update that should fix the "back" issue on linked Super Folders.

I'm thinking of adding a "convert Super Folder to Super Favourite" feature that will basically hide the Super Folder item and add a Super Favourite item that opens the folder, this item could then be moved around as required. If this item is subsequently deleted then the original Super Folder would also be deleted (or maybe simply reappear). I think there may also be a need to actually show the folder again for certain features, not sure about that one yet Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-11, 23:43)dontel Wrote: I saw that in the folder there is a file "folder.cfg", inside of this file there is the line DESC=, i found that it's contains the plot.
i wanted to ask if there are more records that can be added to this file, (like: title,genre,cast,director...)?

'Fraid not

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - watermouf - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-12, 18:53)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 01:17)watermouf Wrote:

I have just pushed an update that should fix the "back" issue on linked Super Folders.

I'm thinking of adding a "convert Super Folder to Super Favourite" feature that will basically hide the Super Folder item and add a Super Favourite item that opens the folder, this item could then be moved around as required. If this item is subsequently deleted then the original Super Folder would also be deleted (or maybe simply reappear). I think there may also be a need to actually show the folder again for certain features, not sure about that one yet Smile

Man I could kiss ya ! Tongue Thanks again thats awesome, will play around today and report back!

SIDENOTE: This just came to me, I usually create linked folder manually in notepad using the "folder=MainFolder/SubFolder". I notice when you add superfavourites it uses a "path=special://home/userdata/addon_data/SuperFavourites" instead of folder=. The folder= tag imho makes the paths more portable in case someone changes the default location that SuperFavourites are stored, which is my scenario.

----UPDATE---
I just tested it and it WORKS, but it does NOT work with "folder=" (but does WORK with "path="). As mentioned above all my linked folders are manually entered with folder= (for portability) tag... LOL. If anyway to add compatibility to folder= tag would be great, worst case scenario I can batch convert paths back to path=.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-12

(2016-02-12, 19:52)watermouf Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 18:53)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 01:17)watermouf Wrote: 46.1 fixes the corruption issues thanks !

Man I could kiss ya ! Tongue Thanks again thats awesome, will play around today and report back!

SIDENOTE: This just came to me, I usually create linked folder manually in notepad using the "folder=MainFolder/SubFolder". I notice when you add superfavourites it uses a "path=special://home/userdata/addon_data/SuperFavourites" instead of folder=. The folder= tag imho makes the paths more portable in case someone changes the default location that SuperFavourites are stored, which is my scenario.

----UPDATE---
I just tested it and it WORKS, but it does NOT work with "folder=" (but does WORK with "path="). As mentioned above all my linked folders are manually entered with folder= (for portability) tag... LOL. If anyway to add compatibility to folder= tag would be great, worst case scenario I can batch convert paths back to path=.

Good points, I will change it to use the folder= version by default

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - DWood32006 - 2016-02-14

(2016-02-11, 14:01)spoyser Wrote:

Are you using the very latest version from my repo (1.0.46) as that should work.

It seemed to be only when I added a folder the the kodi favorites and then used kodi favorites as a widget. I changed the widget to actually use super Favourites and that fixed it. So that's my suggestion of any one has a similar issue using the Favourites widget.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-14

(2016-02-14, 03:33)DWood32006 Wrote:
(2016-02-11, 14:01)spoyser Wrote:

It seemed to be only when I added a folder the the kodi favorites and then used kodi favorites as a widget. I changed the widget to actually use super Favourites and that fixed it. So that's my suggestion of any one has a similar issue using the Favourites widget.

Good spot!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - B52apl - 2016-02-15

Benefits of Shared Super Favorites Folder for Streaming
My set top box is a Raspberry Pi 2 running OSMC. My desktop is an Intel I7-3770 3.40 GHz with 8 GB memory running Windows 7. The RPi2 does a good job of streaming my shows, but it’s way too slow when I’m looking for content. So I installed Kodi on my desktop. Then I started looking for a way to easily move the shows I found on the desktop Kodi to the set top RPi2 Kodi. I played with the shared library feature, but it seemed to be too delicate for me when I played with it. Sharing my Super Favorites Folder was a lot easier for the streaming I wanted to do.
The only thing you need to set up is Settings – Super Favorites > General > Location of Super Favorites Folder. On the desktop side I put it on C:\Users\Public\Videos\Super_Share. I used the Public folder because Windows generally expects that anything in the Public folder will be shared. If Windows Sharing is not turned on everyone for your Super Favorites folder, you will have a hard time seeing it when you try to set it up on the set top box.
On the set top box side, you have to have SMB, the Windows file sharing service, running. You add a source in System > File manager for your Windows desktop. You need to have a stable IP address for the Windows desktop so the source is always there when both computers are up. To make my Windows desktop have the same IP address every time, I went into my router’s DHCP menus and reserved an IP address for it. That way, any time the router sees the Windows desktop’s MAC address, it gives it the same IP address every time.
And that’s it. As long as you have the same plugins on both Kodi computers, you can put a movie or TV show you want to stream in the Super Favorites folder on the Windows side and immediately see it on the set top box side. Remember that this works for streaming only. For files, the file itself will have to be physically copied into the Super Favorites folder. So if you have a lot of files to share, then Shared Library is still the best way to go.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - tvguru - 2016-02-16

Hi Spoyser,

Must say I am impressed with the way you are keeping SF going and always updating.

I use SF for everything. However, I am having a problem. I will try to explain so it makes sense to you.

When I find a link that I want use to create a sub menu tab, I hit the "C" and save to Super Favorites. I have an index of all my Super Favorite folders. I save in the folder I want it in.

Now here is what I am currently doing to get it as a sub menu tab on my home screen. Here is where you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I go to PROGRAMS, Super Favorites the link I just saved, hit the "C" and send a copy to Kodi Favorites. Then I go to System settings... then Submenu Choices. Then I go to Sub Menu Item under my predefined Menu Sets. I clicked on the Sub Menu Item when the right hand bar pops out and I then connect it to my link I sent to Selected Favorites. Once I connect it I delete it from the Favorites folder.

Everything at this point works. The link appears under the main Menu Tab. Here is where I am very frustrated.... when I click on the new Sub Menu link, instead of immediately snapping to my Super Folder where I have all my links categorized, the turning working wheel begins slowly.... sometimes it will go to my Home Screen first, then to a screen listing FILES, PLAYLIST, VIDEO ADDONS, then it finally goes to my Super Favorite folder where I have all my links showing properly. Some of my friends get confused thinking they have to click on one of those 3 links that appear on the screen (FILES, PLAYLIST, VIDEO ADDONS). They don't always see the wheel workingHuh Or know what that means?? Seems not all my Sub Menu links do this though, trying to figure out what I am doing differently??

What am I doing wrong that it goes through like 2-3 steps really slowing the process down?

I am using 15.2 Isengard, and it makes no difference what device I use.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, wanted to ask, how can I fix it so that when I click on a Sub Menu item it immediately pops to the Super Favorite folder I have it linked to??

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - frozte - 2016-02-16

(2016-02-16, 07:32)tvguru Wrote: Hi Spoyser,

Must say I am impressed with the way you are keeping SF going and always updating.

I use SF for everything. However, I am having a problem. I will try to explain so it makes sense to you.

When I find a link that I want use to create a sub menu tab, I hit the "C" and save to Super Favorites. I have an index of all my Super Favorite folders. I save in the folder I want it in.

Now here is what I am currently doing to get it as a sub menu tab on my home screen. Here is where you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

I go to PROGRAMS, Super Favorites the link I just saved, hit the "C" and send a copy to Kodi Favorites. Then I go to System settings... then Submenu Choices. Then I go to Sub Menu Item under my predefined Menu Sets. I clicked on the Sub Menu Item when the right hand bar pops out and I then connect it to my link I sent to Selected Favorites. Once I connect it I delete it from the Favorites folder.

Everything at this point works. The link appears under the main Menu Tab. Here is where I am very frustrated.... when I click on the new Sub Menu link, instead of immediately snapping to my Super Folder where I have all my links categorized, the turning working wheel begins slowly.... sometimes it will go to my Home Screen first, then to a screen listing FILES, PLAYLIST, VIDEO ADDONS, then it finally goes to my Super Favorite folder where I have all my links showing properly. Some of my friends get confused thinking they have to click on one of those 3 links that appear on the screen (FILES, PLAYLIST, VIDEO ADDONS). They don't always see the wheel workingHuh Or know what that means?? Seems not all my Sub Menu links do this though, trying to figure out what I am doing differently??

What am I doing wrong that it goes through like 2-3 steps really slowing the process down?

I am using 15.2 Isengard, and it makes no difference what device I use.

Thank you in advance.

I am having the same problem.

When i click on my Super Favorite link it goes to "FILES, PLAYLIST, VIDEO ADDONS," then after a few seconds it eventually loads the actual favorite link...

What skin are you using?

Hope to hear from spoyser real soon :-)