Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - flutleflakes - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-18, 12:07)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 00:03)flutleflakes Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 23:24)spoyser Wrote: Autoplay folder should work, you can either set a folder to always auto play (via folder settings) or select auto play from the context menu. It creates a playlist of the playable items in the folder so it should shuffle if you have that set in your Kodi setting I believe (although I'd have to check that)

Okay, I'll tinker with the settings to see if I can figure out why I'm getting an error. I'm using a Fire Stick, if that matters.

Thanks again

Hardware shouldn't matter, let me know how you get on with the autoplay - like I said it should work.

Please also edit your post and remove banned addons. If you have issues with banned addons go to their forum and ask there. I know the author of at least one of the addons you mentioned considers his addon to be more important than how you have configured your Kodi, and he actively disables Super Favourites - so take it up with them.

Sorry, didn't know there were banned addons. I couldn't figure out. a few months back in this thread you said that it could be because of bad coding on the video addons side, but I tried with 3 different addons and couldn't get any of them to work. A lot of times they will start to play and then i'll get an error and it'll stop a few seconds into the video.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-18, 16:58)flutleflakes Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:07)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 00:03)flutleflakes Wrote: Okay, I'll tinker with the settings to see if I can figure out why I'm getting an error. I'm using a Fire Stick, if that matters.

Thanks again

Hardware shouldn't matter, let me know how you get on with the autoplay - like I said it should work.

Please also edit your post and remove banned addons. If you have issues with banned addons go to their forum and ask there. I know the author of at least one of the addons you mentioned considers his addon to be more important than how you have configured your Kodi, and he actively disables Super Favourites - so take it up with them.

Sorry, didn't know there were banned addons. I couldn't figure out. a few months back in this thread you said that it could be because of bad coding on the video addons side, but I tried with 3 different addons and couldn't get any of them to work. A lot of times they will start to play and then i'll get an error and it'll stop a few seconds into the video.

Still sounds like badly coded addons, setting an item as playable and then not calling setresolvedurl.

Have you tried changing the playback mode?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - flutleflakes - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-18, 17:32)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 16:58)flutleflakes Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:07)spoyser Wrote: Hardware shouldn't matter, let me know how you get on with the autoplay - like I said it should work.

Still sounds like badly coded addons, setting an item as playable and then not calling setresolvedurl.

What are some popular addons that you've tested yourself, or know that work? I'm scared to list which ones I tried in case they're banned. lol. how do i change playback mode? you mean just with autoplay enabled or disabled?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-18

(2016-02-18, 19:25)flutleflakes Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 17:32)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 16:58)flutleflakes Wrote: Sorry, didn't know there were banned addons. I couldn't figure out. a few months back in this thread you said that it could be because of bad coding on the video addons side, but I tried with 3 different addons and couldn't get any of them to work. A lot of times they will start to play and then i'll get an error and it'll stop a few seconds into the video.

What are some popular addons that you've tested yourself, or know that work? I'm scared to list which ones I tried in case they're banned. lol. how do i change playback mode? you mean just with autoplay enabled or disabled?

iPlayer WWW, YouTube, any local media, any of my addons.

Basically anything that is coded correctly and uses "setresolvedurl approach" Smile

Playback mode can be changed via the Edit Super Favourite option in the context menu.

(2016-02-18, 20:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 19:25)flutleflakes Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 17:32)spoyser Wrote: Still sounds like badly coded addons, setting an item as playable and then not calling setresolvedurl.

iPlayer WWW, YouTube, any local media, any of my addons.

Basically anything that is coded correctly and uses "setresolvedurl approach" Smile

Playback mode can be changed via the Edit Super Favourite option in the context menu.

I guess i'll install a few more addons and test them out. Is there an easy way to tell which addons are coded correctly?

Edit: It didn't even cross my mind that you have addons other than super favourites. lol. I'll test out a few of your addons and see if those work for me.

2nd edit: Okay, Your addons seem to work fine, but only with episodes in the folder. It wont work if i just put an entire show into the super folder. So instead of putting family guy in a super folder I would have to manually put every single episode of every season into the folder... There's got to be a way around this, right?

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - frozte - 2016-02-19

(2016-02-18, 12:16)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 05:36)tvguru Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 21:52)tvguru Wrote: Yes, I am using SF 1.0.48

SF's is not an option to link with Sub Menu tabs just Favorites??

I have to add SF to Favorites in order link.

Wish there was an option to link to SF directly.

I am using CCM Helix

Don't mean to bug you Spoyser, was just wondering how I can fix not going to the FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen,
would really speed the process up. Appreciate any ideas.

I'll have another look into it, it currently activates the video window (10025) and then opens the SF in 2 stages, hence why you see what you do. It does this for a reason that escapes me (I wrote that bit over a year ago), but I'll have another look and see what I can do .

One of the issues is that SF can be used in so may different ways (ways that I never thought of when I wrote it), and I'm trying to make sure it works for all of them (which sometimes means a bit of a compromise) Smile

Hi Spoyser, as i am having a similar issue i would like to clarify what is happening with me.

I am running Super Favourties version 1.0.43. Using Confluence Skin

As an example here is what the structure looks like

Movies (Super folder)
- Latest Movies (*insert random movie addon as a favorite*)

Now, Clicking on this SF favorite sometimes brings up 'FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON,' screen first while it loads into the links addon.
When i click (On PC) Backspace to go back to the SF folder, it shows FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen again. And i have to press Backspace a second time to get to the Super folder

But if i press ESC instead it goes back to Super Folder.

Hope that makes sense.

I remember ages ago that i somehow made it bypass 'FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen, but i cannot recall how.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-19

(2016-02-19, 08:04)frozte Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:16)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 05:36)tvguru Wrote: Don't mean to bug you Spoyser, was just wondering how I can fix not going to the FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen,
would really speed the process up. Appreciate any ideas.

I'll have another look into it, it currently activates the video window (10025) and then opens the SF in 2 stages, hence why you see what you do. It does this for a reason that escapes me (I wrote that bit over a year ago), but I'll have another look and see what I can do .

One of the issues is that SF can be used in so may different ways (ways that I never thought of when I wrote it), and I'm trying to make sure it works for all of them (which sometimes means a bit of a compromise) Smile

Hi Spoyser, as i am having a similar issue i would like to clarify what is happening with me.

Movies (Super folder)

Now, Clicking on this SF favorite sometimes brings up 'FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON,' screen first while it loads into the links addon.
When i click (On PC) Backspace to go back to the SF folder, it shows FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen again. And i have to press Backspace a second time to get to the Super folder

Hope that makes sense.

I remember ages ago that i somehow made it bypass 'FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen, but i cannot recall how.

Can you try with the latest version, 1.0.48

It works fine for me, make sure you start up SF from the video menu

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-19

(2016-02-16, 07:34)tvguru Wrote: Sorry, wanted to ask, how can I fix it so that when I click on a Sub Menu item it immediately pops to the Super Favorite folder I have it linked to??

Before you add the Super Folder to kodi favourites make sure you start Super Favourites from the video menu, see if that helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - frozte - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-19, 23:17)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 08:04)frozte Wrote:
(2016-02-18, 12:16)spoyser Wrote: I'll have another look into it, it currently activates the video window (10025) and then opens the SF in 2 stages, hence why you see what you do. It does this for a reason that escapes me (I wrote that bit over a year ago), but I'll have another look and see what I can do .

Movies (Super folder)

Hope that makes sense.

Can you try with the latest version, 1.0.48

It works fine for me, make sure you start up SF from the video menu

Hi Spoyser,

I updated to 1.0.48 and i ran the SF folder via the Video addon menu. This worked. I do not get 'FILES, PLAYLIST and ADDON screen' anymore.

Thank you for your help!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - tvguru - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-19, 23:21)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-16, 07:34)tvguru Wrote: Sorry, wanted to ask, how can I fix it so that when I click on a Sub Menu item it immediately pops to the Super Favorite folder I have it linked to??

Before you add the Super Folder to kodi favourites make sure you start Super Favourites from the video menu, see if that helps.

Hi Spoyser,

You're my hero! It worked.... no more Files, Playlist. addons' page interfering.

Am I to assume this will work in my music sections as well, adding submenu items from SF in Music addons so I don't get the music playlitst, etc??

One other question, will I have to do all over again manually or is there a simpler way to change the paths?

Thank you again Spoyser!!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - corrpel - 2016-02-20

I cannot find if this was already raised.
I use Quasar addon and i would like to search in it using SF.
It is working fine using one word, but if i use multiple the "space" should be replaced by "+" sign.
Any idea how can i accomplish this?
[%SF%] will return "two words" but what i want is "two+words"
Thank you.

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 10:20)corrpel Wrote: I cannot find if this was already raised.
I use Quasar addon and i would like to search in it using SF.
It is working fine using one word, but if i use multiple the "space" should be replaced by "+" sign.
Any idea how can i accomplish this?
[%SF%] will return "two words" but what i want is "two+words"
Thank you.

Replied on git but just use [%SF+%] as the placeholder.

Like the Google Image item.

Obvious when you know how Smile

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 08:24)tvguru Wrote:
(2016-02-19, 23:21)spoyser Wrote:

Hi Spoyser,

You're my hero! It worked.... no more Files, Playlist. addons' page interfering.

Am I to assume this will work in my music sections as well, adding submenu items from SF in Music addons so I don't get the music playlitst, etc??

One other question, will I have to do all over again manually or is there a simpler way to change the paths?

Thank you again Spoyser!!

Tbh I don't know Smile lol I can only suggest trying it out.

You could try editing the appropriate favourites.xml file in a text editor, that might be quicker.

From memory I think it is the window id that will need changing.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - bromi88 - 2016-02-21

trying to install super favourites on new Jarvis release when ever I click install nothing happens others install fine

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 20:22)bromi88 Wrote: trying to install super favourites on new Jarvis release when ever I click install nothing happens others install fine

It appears to be a problem with the jarvis mirrors site.

You'll have to try later, or get my repo and install from that (it is a more up to date version as well)