Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator (/showthread.php?tid=192662)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-03-03

(2016-03-03, 18:32)loki131 Wrote: Don't mean to be a pest, but... any luck with the OpenELEC iSearch bug? If there is any information/testing/etc. that I can provide please let me know. This is soooooooo close to perfect!

Thanks again! Smile

P.S. Have you considered breaking out the iSearch function into its own addon? I'm pretty sure most of the community doesn't realize you built something so amazing! It certainly wasn't something I knew was there when I started playing around with SF but is something I've wanted since day one.

If you are in a position to edit a file can you open up the default.py file and change this line:

Code:
cacheToDisc = False #len(keyword) > 0 and mode == _SUPERSEARCH

to

Code:
cacheToDisc = len(keyword) > 0 and mode == _SUPERSEARCH

See if that helps.

No, not thought of turning it into it's own addon tbh. Will have a think. The main issue is that there is no easy way of adding more items to it as they are all addon specific.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - Quihico - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-01, 10:30)spoyser Wrote: How are you setting up the multiple iSearch lists?

Basicly I replace the [%SF%] with an appropriate infolabel. So for movies that would be something like $INFO[Skin.String(MovieSearch)].
Then I also add in a item with which I can change the SkinString, in this case that would be something like:
Code:
<favourite name="Edit Query: ($INFO[Skin.String(MovieSearch)])" thumb="DefaultAddonMovieInfo.png">Skin.SetString(MovieSearch)</favourite>

The button which executes this custom iSearch has a 3-fold onclick action:
1 first it sets the MovieSearch-string
2 then it start SF in the appropriate folder using apropriate window-id
3 then it resets the MovieSearch-string again so I do not have to delete previous queries when I want to do a new search.
(actually it does another action as before resetting the searchstring, it transfers that searchstring to a different one named PreviousMovieSearch, enabling me to sort off cache a search as I found I needed to repeat searches quite often)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ejmjs - 2016-03-04

Hi again Spoyser.
I have a couple of feature requests if this is possible and acceptable with you.
It would be great if there were a option to list "in progress items" with the option to remove them in case you don't intend to carry on watching them. It would be great for all those times you've been interrupted and forgotten what you had chosen to watch. Also it would be great if there were a random watch feature too so you could randomly pick a film out of the ones you've added to favourites to watch at some point. None of these are important amendments but would be cool. I understand that it could be quite a bit of work especially if nobody else has call for these features. I'll leave it with you.
Thanks.
Mark

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - loki131 - 2016-03-04

(2016-03-03, 22:10)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 18:32)loki131 Wrote: Don't mean to be a pest, but... any luck with the OpenELEC iSearch bug? If there is any information/testing/etc. that I can provide please let me know. This is soooooooo close to perfect!

Thanks again! Smile

P.S. Have you considered breaking out the iSearch function into its own addon? I'm pretty sure most of the community doesn't realize you built something so amazing! It certainly wasn't something I knew was there when I started playing around with SF but is something I've wanted since day one.

If you are in a position to edit a file can you open up the default.py file and change this line:

Code:

to

Code:

See if that helps.

No, not thought of turning it into it's own addon tbh. Will have a think. The main issue is that there is no easy way of adding more items to it as they are all addon specific.

... and FIXED!!! Big Grin

You sir are a prince among men! Thank you very much. Just out of curiosity is this a change that will be merged into future releases of SF or should I keep the code change handy?

Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - loki131 - 2016-03-05

(2016-03-04, 04:45)loki131 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:10)spoyser Wrote:

Thanks again! Smile

Code:

to

Code:

See if that helps.

You sir are a prince among men! Thank you very much. Just out of curiosity is this a change that will be merged into future releases of SF or should I keep the code change handy?

Thanks again!

Soooo this is fun, I went to use iSearch on my OpenELEC box today and the glitch is back even with the modified code... that is just deeply annoying Sad

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-03-05

(2016-03-05, 04:56)loki131 Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 04:45)loki131 Wrote:
(2016-03-03, 22:10)spoyser Wrote: If you are in a position to edit a file can you open up the default.py file and change this line:

Code:

to

Code:

See if that helps.

Thanks again!

Soooo this is fun, I went to use iSearch on my OpenELEC box today and the glitch is back even with the modified code... that is just deeply annoying Sad

Can you try overwriting with this file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115581744/XBMC/default.py

(Remember to backup the original)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - loki131 - 2016-03-05

Unfortunately the behavior is the same, I rebooted a couple of times just to be sure.
Here is an updated log if it helps.

Thanks again for looking into this!

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - ejmjs - 2016-03-06

Is anyone having problems with SF at the moment. I'ts coming up blank for me at the moment.

[UPDATE] Please disregard that, it isn't a SF fault. I'm having issues in general.

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - danz0l - 2016-03-06

I wonder if anyone can help or whether this is a feature request.

I've just got an android TV, and started to realise that why miss out on some catch-up TV when android fills in the blanks that kodi leaves.

So I set up a super favourites folder and added demand 4, 5 on demand etc android apps and then linked that folder to a part of my skin that is relevant. Low and behold I thought, I can now extend kodi with literally anything I want, so I did a games folder too etc etc.

Everything works as it should. Super favourites handles the links, I put the folder from there where I want it and bam, clicking one leaves kodi, runs the app then returns to kodi on exit, almost seamless. Almost but not quite. On super favourites, when I return to kodi, it always puts the focus on the android apps folder under programs, not from where I launched it.

Now I tested using a normal favourite to achieve the same thing and that functions as above but on exciting the android app the focus returns to where it should, I.e. if I launched from a games menu, it returns to the games menu in kodi.

Now not having the flexibility to group favourites under different folders and thus me being able to add skin shortcuts to groups, kodi favourites is obviously weak over super favourites.

It's minor but frustrating. Is there anyway I can fix this in super search Huh?

[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - spoyser - 2016-03-06

(2016-03-06, 12:27)danz0l Wrote: I wonder if anyone can help or whether this is a feature request.

I've just got an android TV, and started to realise that why miss out on some catch-up TV when android fills in the blanks that kodi leaves.

So I set up a super favourites folder and added demand 4, 5 on demand etc android apps and then linked that folder to a part of my skin that is relevant. Low and behold I thought, I can now extend kodi with literally anything I want, so I did a games folder too etc etc.

Everything works as it should. Super favourites handles the links, I put the folder from there where I want it and bam, clicking one leaves kodi, runs the app then returns to kodi on exit, almost seamless. Almost but not quite. On super favourites, when I return to kodi, it always puts the focus on the android apps folder under programs, not from where I launched it.

Now I tested using a normal favourite to achieve the same thing and that functions as above but on exciting the android app the focus returns to where it should, I.e. if I launched from a games menu, it returns to the games menu in kodi.

Now not having the flexibility to group favourites under different folders and thus me being able to add skin shortcuts to groups, kodi favourites is obviously weak over super favourites.

It's minor but frustrating. Is there anyway I can fix this in super search Huh?

I'll take a look, might be an easy fix

Thanks spoyser, that would be great. It works anyway but would make it even more seamless if it returned from where it came. Now my kodi has thousands of apps wohoooo lol

(2016-03-06, 17:08)danz0l Wrote: Thanks spoyser, that would be great. It works anyway but would make it even more seamless if it returned from where it came. Now my kodi has thousands of apps wohoooo lol

No problem.

Can you just try this as a quick workaround.

Assuming you launch SF from the video menu.

Use the Manually edit favourite option, and change only the window ID to 10025 leave everything else alone (the type will be ActivateWindow)

RE: [RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator - scoobydooami - 2016-03-06

(2016-02-24, 19:26)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 02:41)scoobydooami Wrote: Hi there. I am having an issue with YouTube and Super Favourites. Super Favourites looks great btw. It's been awhile since I've used it, and love the new features.

Super Favourites itself is working fine, except for YouTube. When I create a folder for my YouTube subscriptions, it creates everything fine, but when I go to play any item I get the following error.

Exception in content provider
'mapping for path/channel/sfjdsklfjssjfldjsfdsjflsjdff' not found

The "jslfsjfkjdskjfdlsjkssksks" is just a random numerical sequence different for each subscription

Any idea why this is occurring? Thank you in advance.

Will take a look

I figured out how to get my YouTube subscriptinos into categories. I first had to drop them into the regular Kodi favourites, then move them into Super Favourites folders.

(2016-03-06, 18:53)scoobydooami Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 19:26)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 02:41)scoobydooami Wrote: Hi there. I am having an issue with YouTube and Super Favourites. Super Favourites looks great btw. It's been awhile since I've used it, and love the new features.

Super Favourites itself is working fine, except for YouTube. When I create a folder for my YouTube subscriptions, it creates everything fine, but when I go to play any item I get the following error.

Exception in content provider
'mapping for path/channel/sfjdsklfjssjfldjsfdsjflsjdff' not found

The "jslfsjfkjdskjfdlsjkssksks" is just a random numerical sequence different for each subscription

Any idea why this is occurring? Thank you in advance.

Will take a look

I figured out how to get my YouTube subscriptinos into categories. I first had to drop them into the regular Kodi favourites, then move them into Super Favourites folders.

Oops I'd forgotten about that.

Good to hear you sorted it, although I still need to fix it properly

(2016-03-06, 17:13)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 17:08)danz0l Wrote: Thanks spoyser, that would be great. It works anyway but would make it even more seamless if it returned from where it came. Now my kodi has thousands of apps wohoooo lol

No problem.

Can you just try this as a quick workaround.

Assuming you launch SF from the video menu.

Use the Manually edit favourite option, and change only the window ID to 10025 leave everything else alone (the type will be ActivateWindow)
I launch SF from a menu widget for the some of the apps. I.e I have a live TV section so have a folder in SF entitled catch-up TV which I add android on demand apps to. This then gets linked to the widget over live TV.

I have a games folder in SF for games that gets launched from a main menu on my skin etc etc

I'll try and see what happens when I edit as you say and report back and thanks for being so quick Smile