Kodi Community Forum
[MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=196821)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - papirri2 - 2015-06-14

Is there a way to manage profiles from mysql, lets supposed I have 4 tv boxes with kodi installed, each box has his own none master profile example: user1, user2, etc. what i want is to have all the profiles on a database and disable their profile so that person wont be able to login to kodi. Thanks in advance

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - nickr - 2015-06-14

(2015-06-14, 09:38)papirri2 Wrote: Is there a way to manage profiles from mysql, lets supposed I have 4 tv boxes with kodi installed, each box has his own none master profile example: user1, user2, etc. what i want is to have all the profiles on a database and disable their profile so that person wont be able to login to kodi. Thanks in advance
I don't know the answer, but I sense a user with children LOL.

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Deihmos - 2015-06-17

(2015-06-14, 09:38)papirri2 Wrote: Is there a way to manage profiles from mysql, lets supposed I have 4 tv boxes with kodi installed, each box has his own none master profile example: user1, user2, etc. what i want is to have all the profiles on a database and disable their profile so that person wont be able to login to kodi. Thanks in advance
Check out emby for kodi. It makes a great replacement for mysql and can make it easy to manage profiles with even parental control.

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - lody2mk - 2015-06-17

Very awesome
Thanks for posting this
It's Very Important

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - freddy12 - 2015-06-23

how much different would this guide be to getting it setup on a synology nas?

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - masterxilef - 2015-06-28

@freddy12, as long as you can acces mysql command line, or better yet, phpmyadmin, thereĀ“s no difference at all, you just need to execute the commands on mysql, as stated a couple pages back.
I myself am running on a dlink nas which has mysql and phpmyadmin (where I set up everything) and is running great with 6 databases.

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Xiled78 - 2015-07-03

Awesome! Thank you!

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - masterxilef - 2015-07-15

Has anyone looked into what's needed to update this to Isengard?
Don't know anything about mysql to do it myself.
Thanks.

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - gardar - 2015-07-20

(2015-01-24, 12:08)Nogler Wrote: @BigMong Thank you. It's working now Smile

@all

New Setup:

create a file called advancedsettings.xml in .kodi/userdata/ and insert following content:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.2.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>a</name>
  </videodatabase>
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.2.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>xbmc</user>
    <pass>xbmc</pass>
    <name>a</name>
  </musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

-Replace user, pass and host whit your mysql settings.
-Restart kodi
-Kodi creates a new database called a90
-Use your favorite mysql editor and insert the code from link http://pastebin.com/0VNB9DmV
-Execute for each database the code provided from BigMong (first fix not needed)
-Done

Existing setup:
-Make a database backup for each profile(single file) in System->Video->Library->Export Library (You may need to change settings level to expert)
-Rename the database a78 to something like aa78 (because kodi will attempt to upgrade the a78 to a90 and that will fail)
-Update to kodi
-Follow instructions new setup
-For each profile import the backup (System->Video->Library->Import Library)
-Done

To change from a profile to b profile change
<name>a</name> to <name>b</name> in advancedsettings.xml

Enjoy Smile

Do you export/import the library for the master or do you export/import it from a slave?

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - schumi2004 - 2015-07-20

(2015-07-15, 08:00)masterxilef Wrote: Has anyone looked into what's needed to update this to Isengard?
Don't know anything about mysql to do it myself.
Thanks.

Would like to know that to, anyone?

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Bohemi - 2015-07-27

The same from my end...I have this setup running under Kodi 14.2. What do I need to do to be able to still use this setup under 15 Isengard?

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - venuscles - 2015-07-27

Awesome. Really thankful that you are working on a update for Helix. I would like to thank the team very much for both the erasing product and fast answers they provided to my incredible requests. Definitely worth the money and great value.

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Ballistic - 2015-07-27

Edit: I forgot a step. It works now

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Bohemi - 2015-07-30

I upgraded to Isengard on the server as a testcase and databases are not updated.
I have entered "GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi';" in the mySQL command line upfront of the upgrade just to be sure.
Now I tried to use Noglers instruction for the existing setup but the database back up for each profile is not working fine. If I review the back up location, not everything is in there...I have 760 movies but in the back up folder I only find details of 50.
Is there a different way to upgrade and convert/update the existing database? I don't want to have this problem everytime there is a new version....the family is going to ban me and my mediasystems in that case. Smile

I only know mySQL from what I can find in the wiki and forum, I have no further experience with it...any tips or tricks would be appreciated big time.

RE: [MYSQL] HOW-TO: 5 User XBMC - Bohemi - 2015-07-30

After some further tests I think the back ups are fine but I see that Isengard has different databases, therefor I assume this means that the code from link http://pastebin.com/0VNB9DmV is not working for this upgrade.

Just to be sure I don't make one big mess of it, I'll wait for confirmation on the correct approach.