Kodi Community Forum
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Release TIDAL music (former WiMP) (/showthread.php?tid=200555)

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - menell - 2017-10-20

I subscribed to Tidal and download the TIDAL2 repository. I noticed songs play for just 30 seconds. How can I fix this issues that I am having. Many thanks for the hard work.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - arneson - 2017-10-26

(2017-10-20, 03:50)menell Wrote: I subscribed to Tidal and download the TIDAL2 repository. I noticed songs play for just 30 seconds. How can I fix this issues that I am having. Many thanks for the hard work.

Hello menell,

please check your username, password, "Country for Local Media" and "Subscription Type" in the TIDAL2 Addon Settings.
Then you have to logout and login again.
If this doesn't work, clear the "Unique Client Key" in the Addon Settings and try again.

I hope this helps.
If not please look into the kodi logfile for an error message and post it here.

arneson

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Robseesbor - 2017-11-01

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Kodi2 on Libreelec 8.2 (Odroid C2). Whenever I play a track I am getting: "Not a FLAC stream !". Googling this error did not get me any results.
Any help would be immensely appreciated.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - arneson - 2017-11-01

(2017-11-01, 00:55)Robseesbor Wrote: Hi,

I downloaded and installed Kodi2 on Libreelec 8.2 (Odroid C2). Whenever I play a track I am getting: "Not a FLAC stream !". Googling this error did not get me any results.

Hello Robseesbor,

my TIDAL2 Addon shows this info message when the Addon requests a lossless stream (ALAC, FLAC, or MQA) but receives a stream URL to a lossy strem (AAC or MP3).

Possible reasons:
  • You don't have a Premium Account
  • The TIDAL2 Addon Settings are not correct. Please set Music Quality to "Lossless" and try different Music Streaming Options (except RTMP, because RTMP can't stream lossless)
  • Your Login-Session-ID doesn't match to your playpack quality settings. Please Logout and Login again.
  • I found out that TIDAL sometimes return URLs to MP3 256 kbit/s streams for brand new tracks/albums. The URLs change to AAC and FLAC streams a few hours/days later.
  • Some very old or rare Albums are not available as lossless streams.

I hope this can solve your problem.

arneson

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Robseesbor - 2017-11-03

(2017-11-01, 12:20)arneson Wrote:

Hello Robseesbor,

my TIDAL2 Addon shows this info message when the Addon requests a lossless stream (ALAC, FLAC, or MQA) but receives a stream URL to a lossy strem (AAC or MP3).

Possible reasons:
  • The TIDAL2 Addon Settings are not correct. Please set Music Quality to "Lossless" and try different Music Streaming Options (except RTMP, because RTMP can't stream lossless)
  • Your Login-Session-ID doesn't match to your playpack quality settings. Please Logout and Login again.
  • I found out that TIDAL sometimes return URLs to MP3 256 kbit/s streams for brand new tracks/albums. The URLs change to AAC and FLAC streams a few hours/days later.

arneson

Hi arneson, thanks a lot. I figured that I would be logged in as soon as I entered my account details. Missed the "Log In" option presented on the home interface.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Wlodek74 - 2017-12-08

(2017-11-01, 12:20)arneson Wrote:

Hello Robseesbor,

Possible reasons:

arneson 
@arneson  - sorry for little off-topic, but for some reasons I can't send to Arneson PW. Question to Arneson is - is it any way to controll Tidal2 over the mobile application? I mean situation like with Spotify plugin - one it is installed in Kodi and control function is checked in settings I can set the mobile application of Spotify to play not locally but to the Kodi Spotify plugin. And it works.
So would be the same possible to do with Tidal2 plugin? I got HiFi plan of Tidal so it would be more than welcome feature.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - arneson - 2017-12-08

(2017-12-08, 12:39)Wlodek74 Wrote: @arneson  - sorry for little off-topic, but for some reasons I can't send to Arneson PW. Question to Arneson is - is it any way to controll Tidal2 over the mobile application? I mean situation like with Spotify plugin - one it is installed in Kodi and control function is checked in settings I can set the mobile application of Spotify to play not locally but to the Kodi Spotify plugin. And it works.
So would be the same possible to do with Tidal2 plugin? I got HiFi plan of Tidal so it would be more than welcome feature. 
Hello Wlodek74,

do you mean the "official" Kodi Remote App ?
This App can be used to control my TIDAL2 Addon, because it is based on folders and list items.
The only thing is, that you have to disable the settings "Use Colors in Labels" and "Mark Favorites in Labels" in the TIDAL2 Addon settings
to remove the color control characters from the labels.
 Some features like the context menu functions are not available with the Kodi Remote App.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Wlodek74 - 2017-12-08

(2017-12-08, 15:48)arneson Wrote:
(2017-12-08, 12:39)Wlodek74 Wrote: @arneson  - sorry for little off-topic, but for some reasons I can't send to Arneson PW. Question to Arneson is - is it any way to controll Tidal2 over the mobile application? I mean situation like with Spotify plugin - one it is installed in Kodi and control function is checked in settings I can set the mobile application of Spotify to play not locally but to the Kodi Spotify plugin. And it works.
Hello Wlodek74,

do you mean the "official" Kodi Remote App ?
This App can be used to control my TIDAL2 Addon, because it is based on folders and list items.
The only thing is, that you have to disable the settings "Use Colors in Labels" and "Mark Favorites in Labels" in the TIDAL2 Addon settings
to remove the color control characters from the labels.
 Some features like the context menu functions are not available with the Kodi Remote App. 
 No, I mean feature which Spotify has - when you run MOBILE version of Spotify (iPhone or android) you can select from playing menu if music is played on local (in our example on iPhone) or on remote (it would be Kodi).
But in the meantime I have found out that Tidal has no this feature even within their own applications so I have already answered my self - it is not possible from Tidal official iPhone client

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - IndieRockSteve - 2017-12-15

I hadn't updated this plugin on my Amazon FireTV Stick in a while and just jumped from beta6 to beta16. I tried playing one of the MQA albums and had all sorts of stuttering. I installed beta 15 and tried the same MQA album and it appears to be playing fine. In both I have the same audio streaming quality settings, but for some reason beta 16 stutters a lot.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas why it might be happening?
It doesn't appear beta 16 has any improvements over 15 that are a big deal for me (though clear playlist would be nice) so I don't mind running 15, but hoping this doesn't continue to be an issue in future versions too.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - arneson - 2017-12-15

(2017-12-15, 04:51)IndieRockSteve Wrote: I hadn't updated this plugin on my Amazon FireTV Stick in a while and just jumped from beta6 to beta16. I tried playing one of the MQA albums and had all sorts of stuttering. I installed beta 15 and tried the same MQA album and it appears to be playing fine. In both I have the same audio streaming quality settings, but for some reason beta 16 stutters a lot.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any ideas why it might be happening?
It doesn't appear beta 16 has any improvements over 15 that are a big deal for me (though clear playlist would be nice) so I don't mind running 15, but hoping this doesn't continue to be an issue in future versions too.
Hi IndieRockSteve,

I can't reproduce your problem because I don't have a Fire TV Stick.

Are you able to look into the Kodi Log-File on the Fire TV Stick ?
There is a Script-Addon called "Log Viewer for Kodi". Please watch into the Log-File for errors from the TIDAL2 Addon.

The Fire TV Stick has not a very performant CPU. If you have enabled the Setting "Read Album Data for every Track", please disable it.

Can you play Music Videos with the TIDAL2 Addon on the Fire TV Stick ?

What happens when you use the Music Streaming Option "FLAC 16Bit" or "ALAC" ?

arneson

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - C.O.D. - 2017-12-18

Hi Arneson,
I'm using Tidal2 on LibreELEC with the Amber skin. My problem is, when hovering either the biography or the add and remove artist items, I get an auto-execution of these items which is extremely annoying and kind of dangerous since you can easily lose an artist just without recognizing it. Also the popup of the bio window whenever you enter an artist section drives me crazy.
Since all this just happens when using the Amber skin I think that it is an Amber problem but I 'm not able to judge that by myself because I'm no programmer.
Maybe you could be so kind and have a look into it?

Best regards

PS: I'll post this problem also in the Amber thread of course

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Steve100 - 2017-12-18

(2017-12-18, 13:09)C.O.D. Wrote: Hi Arneson,
I'm using Tidal2 on LibreELEC with the Amber skin. My problem is, when hovering either the biography or the add and remove artist items, I get an auto-execution of these items which is extremely annoying and kind of dangerous since you can easily lose an artist just without recognizing it. Also the popup of the bio window whenever you enter an artist section drives me crazy.
Since all this just happens when using the Amber skin I think that it is an Amber problem but I 'm not able to judge that by myself because I'm no programmer.
Maybe you could be so kind and have a look into it?

Best regards

PS: I'll post this problem also in the Amber thread of course
Hi C.O.D

Just FYI.. I'm using LibreElec with the standard Estuary Skin and all functions perfectly as expected. Although I have to admit I do not use air mouse functionality as I'm a arrow navigate and click kind of guy.

I've just tried turning on 'Mouse and touch screen support' and used my air mouse to navigate through TIDAL2. When navigating inside an artist's items I can confirm that the 'Artist Bio' and the 'Add/Remove from TIDAL favourites' functions do not activate by simply hovering over them so I think your right about the amber skin being the issue here.

I hope I have understood your issue and that my tests were in some way useful. If I have misunderstood you or you wish for me to test a different function or two for LibreElec/Estuary functionality then please let me know.

Steve

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - C.O.D. - 2017-12-18

Thanks for checking out, I also had no issues with any other skin that I tested.
btw, I don't use an airmouse and use Kodi without the mouse and touch screen setting turned on...

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Gustav - 2017-12-31

Seems that Tidal-plugin (from official repository) is not working in Xbox one, is it just me or does it need an update? Problem is that I cannot login with the premium account. Anyone got this running properly?

-Gustav

TIDAL music (former WiMP) - perarnehagglund - 2017-12-31

(2017-12-31, 13:09)Gustav Wrote: Seems that Tidal-plugin (from official repository) is not working in Xbox one, is it just me or does it need an update? Problem is that I cannot login with the premium account. Anyone got this running properly?

-Gustav

Use the TIDAL2 app instead, check this thread for link.