Kodi Community Forum
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Release TIDAL music (former WiMP) (/showthread.php?tid=200555)

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - edtaa - 2021-11-22

All good now on Windows 10 and on Vero+ 4K. Thanks to C.O.D. and, as ever, arneson.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - candrian - 2021-11-24

Thanks to all - works again! 
Unfortunality no MQA nor Atmos anymore.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - hifiBerend - 2021-11-24

(2021-11-21, 14:22)arneson Wrote:
(2021-11-20, 22:46)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey @arneson and all others,
I just searched the net again for an actual ID / secret and found something new that in fact works.
Just search for "tidal.py # known API key for Fire Stick HD(MQA, Dolby Vision enabled".
As for me, I'm a happy rabbit again...
Hi C.O.D.

that client id works for me too, but I sometimes I got no MQA and never Dolby Atmos.
It seems that this is an old "Non Drm" version for Fire TV which is still working for lossless playback and for many Master tracks.

But it works ! Thankyou C.O.D for this tip.

arneson
Hi,
I don't understand this. Do you work without a legit Tidal account? Why use a id/secret combination found on the internet if you have an account? I had a Tidal account and was unable to login. Login on Tidal website was no problem.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - candrian - 2021-11-26

check posts #451 ff ... there is the reason why...Tidal changed the login procedures

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - arneson - 2021-11-28

(2021-11-24, 20:21)hifiBerend Wrote:
(2021-11-21, 14:22)arneson Wrote:
(2021-11-20, 22:46)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey @arneson and all others,
I just searched the net again for an actual ID / secret and found something new that in fact works.
Just search for "tidal.py # known API key for Fire Stick HD(MQA, Dolby Vision enabled".
As for me, I'm a happy rabbit again...
Hi C.O.D.

that client id works for me too, but I sometimes I got no MQA and never Dolby Atmos.
It seems that this is an old "Non Drm" version for Fire TV which is still working for lossless playback and for many Master tracks.

But it works ! Thankyou C.O.D for this tip.

arneson
Hi,
I don't understand this. Do you work without a legit Tidal account? Why use a id/secret combination found on the internet if you have an account? I had a Tidal account and was unable to login. Login on Tidal website was no problem.
Hi,

the client id and secret combination has nothing to to with the users TIDAL acoount. It is the authorization to use a specific REST API to access the TIDAL Web services (for instance: user login, get list of new tracks, get list of own playlists, get a stream URL to play a track/video, and so on).
I think there are dozens of different id/secret combinations for the TIDAL API because there are a lot of devices which are able to play TIDAL music (look on the TIDAL web page for the supported devices).
Each API id/secret combinatin can be disabled from TIDAL if this specific device type should not be able to play TIDAL music anymore (for instance when the contract between the device manufactor and TIDAL is closed).
That means, that there are different id/secrets for Sonos, Amarra, Audirvara, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and so on. Of course there is no API id/secret for Kodi.

Additionally each API id/secret has different behaviours . For instance: IOS devices play lossless streams via ALAC instead of FLAC and use Apples version of DRM encryption.
The actual Fire TV devices uses FLAC and Widevine encryption. The Amarra player can't play videos, so the "get playback URL" call to the TIDAL API returns an audio stream for music videos.
And the mconnect IOS App can't hande long items lists, so the TIDAL API returns item lists with max. 50 items.

The goal for my TIDAL2 App is to find an id/secret combination which plays everything well without DRM.
This can be more and more difficult in the future because some "No DRM" id/secrets are allready disabled.

The best way will be to implement the DRM-Playback with Kodis "inputstream.adaptive" Addon.

I hope this describes the "id/secret" problem.
arneson

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - C.O.D. - 2021-11-30

Hey folks,
if you do the same search again but this time replacing tidal.py with apiKey.py you eventually will find something that helps with different formats.

Best regards

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - edtaa - 2021-12-04

I have a DRM error with the addon on my Windows 10 PC and also on my Android TV box. Whatever track I play it says Track is DRM protected and skips to the next track and so no tracks play. I didn't get this error on my Vero 4K+ box last time I checked but I no longer have that box with me. Any thoughts? I am using the latest version of the addon 2.0.4 on Kodi 19. I have used the client id and secret as referenced earlier in this thread.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - inthelight - 2021-12-06

Tidal recently began offering a free subscription with 160kbps streaming, does this add-on support the new level of service?

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - candrian - 2021-12-19

(2021-11-30, 10:09)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey folks,
if you do the same search again but this time replacing tidal.py with apiKey.py you eventually will find something that helps with different formats.

Best regards

Thanks C.O.D. - found it, works!  Blush

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - unacceptable - 2021-12-22

anyone got a working client id / secret ? i used to have one that only worked with flacs (no mqa). now i installed a new one and lost the other and i can only play mqas. flacs skip saying track is drm protected.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - BoroSK - 2022-01-10

Hi guys!

I mainly big  thank the author for the perfect work.

I am testing this addon under CoreElec and I can't send to my AVR via HDMI a higher stream like FLAC 44/16.
But the DAC in the receiver can handle up to 96/24 (it works on test files). Is it possible to get a higher rate? From what I've learned so MQA works in layers and all over the magic is created only in DAC converters

Best regards

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - arneson - 2022-01-10

(2022-01-10, 15:45)BoroSK Wrote: Hi guys!

I mainly big  thank the author for the perfect work.

I am testing this addon under CoreElec and I can't send to my AVR via HDMI a higher stream like FLAC 44/16.
But the DAC in the receiver can handle up to 96/24 (it works on test files). Is it possible to get a higher rate? From what I've learned so MQA works in layers and all over the magic is created only in DAC converters

Best regards
Hi BoroSK,

The highest TIDAL Master or Hi-Res quality with FLAC is 44/24 or 48/24. The higher rates are encoded with MQA which is transfered in the lower bits of the PCM stream.
Only a hardware MQA decoder can decode (or unfold) this, because Kodi has no software-decoder for the MQA data.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - candrian - 2022-01-11

(2021-12-22, 18:16)unacceptable Wrote: anyone got a working client id / secret ? i used to have one that only worked with flacs (no mqa). now i installed a new one and lost the other and i can only play mqas. flacs skip saying track is drm protected.

Same for me. I found the one for MQA and one for flac only. I couldn't find any for both.... :-(

So: if there's a client id / secret id for both ... I'll spend a beer (or two) !

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - whitesak - 2022-01-17

(2022-01-10, 15:45)BoroSK Wrote: I am testing this addon under CoreElec and I can't send to my AVR via HDMI a higher stream like FLAC 44/16.
CoreELEC (KODI) is full capable of playing MQA content with full quality. But external DAC with full MQA support is necessary for right full working .
Why? CoreELEC (KODI) isn’t MQA player, it means CE cannot recognizes MQA content inside normal FLAC (PCM) files or streams, plays all MQA files as normal PCM and plays from MQA files core content only, usually as normal 44,1/16 and maximally as 48/24, depending of MQA core file or stream. Because of CE don’t recognize MQA content and don’t have MQA playback license, CE cannot makes first unfold MQA file and if we have MQA DAC as renderer only, DAC don’t recognize MQA content and plays core only.
But because CE plays audio content as bit perfect (except DSD) we can play full MQA with full quality files if we have DAC MQA full decoder (not renderer only).
In this configuration all are working perfectly, CE plays MQA files without problem, DAC right recognizes MQA content and makes final MQA unfold with full original quality without problem. It works from file on filesystem, works perfect with TIDAL Master and TIDAL2 addon and works also as stream from my Android phone with mconnect application streamed via DLNA to CE
My configuration: CE (KODI) on S905x3 (X99Max Plus) and IFi ZEN DAC V2 connected via USB.

RE: TIDAL music (former WiMP) - C.O.D. - 2022-01-18

I'm having login problems since today - no new client secrets available so it's something else not working correctly?
Am I the only one?