Kodi Community Forum
Release Experimental Google Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Release Experimental Google Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=200640)

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - foreverguest - 2015-01-13

where I can define this relation content-view mode in Kodi/Xbmc?

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - Martijn - 2015-01-13

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs/14.x-helix/xbmcplugin.html#-setContent

ok, but how to configure skin view mode based in addon content?

Re: RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - Martijn - 2015-01-13

(2015-01-13, 03:29)foreverguest Wrote: ok, but how to configure skin view mode based in addon content?

That's up to the skinner. Addons should not dictate that

As a user is there any skin settings? I think Confluence doesn't provide these settings, is there any skin I can test that provide a way to configure the view mode?

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - da-anda - 2015-01-13

IIRC Kodi remembers the view mode the user selected last time for this media type

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - Skank - 2015-01-13

(2015-01-12, 00:11)foreverguest Wrote: Do you mean showing the covers in XBMC library or inside Google Music Addon library?

Yes showing the covers in xbmc library instead of going into the app..
In Google play you can have your own library, those covers there, i want inside my xbmc libráry, that would rock.. I know theres a spotify app doing that.

(2015-01-12, 20:14)da-anda Wrote: please no forced views - they suck. Rather define the correct content type and let the skin/Kodi handle the user preferred view mode for this type. Or at least add a plugin option to disable the forced view mode

Not sure if this replied to me asswell.
But i have no music on hdd, or nas or.. So my xbmc library is empty
I only have google play music.
If google plays collection library of my account could me shown inside xbmc library that would rock and then not be empty Wink

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - acelove - 2015-01-13

This sounds like a really good app.

Just trying it out now, as I've not been able to get any other streaming service running. I was wondering if it's possible to use the Play Music app on android to push the music over to XBMC. I've tried it using Yatse, but from within the addon section (which is super messy at the moment), but it does work.

Maybe as others have suggestion, library integration would also populate Yatse library on your device, so might clean things up, as well as be a nice way to push your music to your chosen device (I have 4 at home Smile )

Thanks man

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - da-anda - 2015-01-13

no, unfortunately you can't push music from the Android app to Kodi - it only works with workarounds (like BubbleUPNP app accessing your GMusic library)

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - acelove - 2015-01-13

(2015-01-13, 16:42)da-anda Wrote: no, unfortunately you can't push music from the Android app to Kodi - it only works with workarounds (like BubbleUPNP app accessing your GMusic library)

Oh sorry, I ment push a request to play music from Play Music, not locally on Android.

Sorry, should have been clearer Smile

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - Tolriq - 2015-01-15

I'm working on adding better support for this addon in Yatse (so you can use the share command in Play Music to Kodi).

But it seems this addon only support a play_song direct command, and that there's no play_album or generic play function.

So Yatse can play and queue songs but not albums Sad

Maybe I missed something in the addon as I'm no python expert.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - foreverguest - 2015-01-15

You're right, it has a play_all command for playlists, but nothing for albums.
If play_album is useful for you I can try to code it.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - Tolriq - 2015-01-15

Well it's not really for me I use Chromecast for Play music Wink

But lot's of users asked for support of this plugin.

From what I've seen the first letter of the id is T for song B for album, maybe something else for playlist ?
Anyway what user asked is that they can use use the share button from Play music to play selected album / song / whatever in this plugin.

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - wrayan - 2015-01-15

(2015-01-15, 13:51)Tolriq Wrote: Well it's not really for me I use Chromecast for Play music Wink

But lot's of users asked for support of this plugin.

Oh yes that would be really awesome! If you come up with a solution I'll be happy to assist with beta testing.

-- wrayan

RE: Experimental Google Music Addon - foreverguest - 2015-01-16

@Tolriq, version below accept a command with params 'action=play_all&album_id=Bxxxxxx' to play albums.

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.3alpha3
Also:
- add setting to disable view override
- more changes to search result