Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - hassuni - 2015-06-21

Hi bromix
Tody I got the error: Daily Limit Exceeded.
Thanks for this great addon

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - daledude - 2015-06-21

Please allow the ability to change the API key so I can use my own developer credentials and not have to change the code.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - bromix - 2015-06-21

At the moment I will wait, because based on the developer console I can see that there was enough quota left and I wasn't informed by google either. I hope this was some kind of a glitch.

(2015-06-21, 08:12)tofen Wrote: ...
Are we still having the limit where everyone is using the same API-key?
This is normal to use one key per product! I can't create a key for every user. That's not how APIs work Wink

(2015-06-21, 08:22)Smegger Wrote: ...
Freaked me out at first, Google brought me here and now I understand the issue. So, what can be done?
Not much at the moment...the addon has maybe simply to much users. I already using separated API Keys for Frodo, Gotham, Helix and Isengard.

(2015-06-21, 08:31)tofen Wrote: ...
Great! Then we know it's really a API-key problem and not a user specific issue.
Yes, maybe too much users, to much requests. The restrictions of the API are simple not realistic by Google. I already optimized the calls with caching routines.

(2015-06-21, 09:44)daledude Wrote: Please allow the ability to change the API key so I can use my own developer credentials and not have to change the code.
Planing on that...but I can't rush things right now Wink

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - tofen - 2015-06-21

(2015-06-21, 15:38)bromix Wrote: At the moment I will wait, because based on the developer console I can see that there was enough quota left and I wasn't informed by google either. I hope this was some kind of a glitch.

(2015-06-21, 08:12)tofen Wrote: ...
Are we still having the limit where everyone is using the same API-key?
This is normal to use one key per product! I can't create a key for every user. That's not how APIs work Wink

Yes I know. I read further back in the thread that you mentioned that there might be a possibility to use different API-keys for different functions. So Search uses it's own key etc. But I didn't want to go through 40 pages of posts just to see if that had been implemented.

But if you can see in the console that there is quota left it's probably a glitch. Let's hope so anyway!Cool

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - lowfi - 2015-06-21

Is there a way to get "youtube suggests" to show?

(2015-06-21, 16:19)lowfi Wrote: Is there a way to get "youtube suggests" to show?

That's not supported by YouTube's API anymore, Sorry.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - money937 - 2015-06-21

Hi bromix i have a question about your addon i use links off of another addon that takes me to youtube addon for the content but closes previous addon is there anyway of stopping this many thanks in advance

(2015-06-21, 17:31)money937 Wrote: Hi bromix i have a question about your addon i use links off of another addon that takes me to youtube addon for the content but closes previous addon is there anyway of stopping this many thanks in advance

Ähm what HuhConfused

Addon A (not YouTube) has some videos and for playback it starts addon B (which is my YouTube addon)? If so...nothing that can be done. The developer of Addon A has to implement the complete YouTube API by him self, that's why he will call the YouTube addon.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - money937 - 2015-06-21

thanks very much for the quick response i figured as much gr8 work bu the way

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - findftp - 2015-06-21

(2015-06-15, 01:44)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 23:14)findftp Wrote: Today I reinstalled Kodi through kodibuntu instead of installing it on top of ubuntu 4.10

However, when signing into my youtube channel with the youtube add-on, I am signed in into my default youtube channel.

I have two channels, one old channel which I use for everything. And one newer channel which was created by google to connect to google+ and stuff like that.

When I log-in into my youtube account, you have to go to youtube.com/activate to fill in a code, twice.
When redirected to that page I see two channels I can choose from.
But when I choose the old channel, and fill in the codes, Kodi shows me the result of the newer youtube channel.

It feels like youtube API is returning the wrong information when entering the codes, but I'm not sure.
I thought I ask here first.

edit: also tried with the 5.1.6 and log added
http://pastebin.com/yc0NR5MP
Keep your accounts in order. Your old YouTube channel/account must be connected to G+ too. That's how APIv3 works today.

Well, I don't know what happened, but now it's not working anymore.
I thought it did, but I only took a quick look back then. Now I really wanted to view some videos from my subscriptions and everything is empty.

I've cleared my settings from /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/ numerous times, also the /kodion/ directory.
Whatever I do, it keeps connecting to the wrong channel.
I connected both youtube accounts to G+ like you suggested.

Are there other suggestions? Did you have a special meaning with "keep them in order"? Do I have to sort the channels somehow?

(2015-06-21, 21:06)findftp Wrote:
(2015-06-15, 01:44)bromix Wrote:
(2015-06-14, 23:14)findftp Wrote: Today I reinstalled Kodi through kodibuntu instead of installing it on top of ubuntu 4.10

However, when signing into my youtube channel with the youtube add-on, I am signed in into my default youtube channel.

I have two channels, one old channel which I use for everything. And one newer channel which was created by google to connect to google+ and stuff like that.

When I log-in into my youtube account, you have to go to youtube.com/activate to fill in a code, twice.
When redirected to that page I see two channels I can choose from.
But when I choose the old channel, and fill in the codes, Kodi shows me the result of the newer youtube channel.

It feels like youtube API is returning the wrong information when entering the codes, but I'm not sure.
I thought I ask here first.

edit: also tried with the 5.1.6 and log added
http://pastebin.com/yc0NR5MP
Keep your accounts in order. Your old YouTube channel/account must be connected to G+ too. That's how APIv3 works today.

Well, I don't know what happened, but now it's not working anymore.
I thought it did, but I only took a quick look back then. Now I really wanted to view some videos from my subscriptions and everything is empty.

I've cleared my settings from /.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube/ numerous times, also the /kodion/ directory.
Whatever I do, it keeps connecting to the wrong channel.
I connected both youtube accounts to G+ like you suggested.

Are there other suggestions? Did you have a special meaning with "keep them in order"? Do I have to sort the channels somehow?
Can you sign out and sign in again. Today I removed an old API key for helix and saw at least 100 User working on it. But I have to clean up old stuff Smile also make sure you're using the latest update of YouTube.

I'm out of ideas.

I've been trying to log in into youtube for 3 hours now with reading stuff and trying things out.

I've completely removed kodi and kodi.bin from my computer, included the .kodi directory.
I then reinstalled kodi again and only installed youtube.
Then I tried to log in, but again it was connected to the wrong channel. When I go to https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions I see the connections but they are connected to the wrong account.

Both youtube accounts have a Google plus page altough I don't use it.

I don't want to give up, but I'm out of options. I did everything numerous times.
Maybe I should delete my complete google plus accounts, but I'm not sure if I ruin something for good.

Does somebody have another suggestion?

By the way, I have this problem on two systems. My HTPC running Kodi 15 and a laptop running kodi 14.2.
Laptop is a test system with only youtube installed

Now I even removed the 'wrong' youtube account so that I only have 1 youtube account connected to my google account.
Even then I am not able to connect kodi to remaining channel....

Well, it seems I have made it somewhat to work.
In google youtube account plus security linked update page subscriptions I pressed some buttons and prayed to a god I never thought existed.
Now I have a mess with accounts and shit, but kodi let me view my subscriptions.
Even my android phone is able to let me view my youtube stuff.

I reconnected some accounts to other accounts, don't ask how I did it, I've been bussy for hours, glad it works now.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - Smegger - 2015-06-22

Everything seems back to normal for me today, seems it was a glitch.

If your using different keys for versions (Helix,Gotham etc) would it help, or even be possible to use different keys for platforms(Windows, Linux, Raspi etc)? Not my area so I'm just throwing it out there.

BTW, thanks for a great add-on, awesome support and impressive response time! ?