Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - jmh2002 - 2015-07-29

Ok, again I will defer to you since my knowledge is limited regarding any problem, but in my case I have one Master profile, and the others are clones, so I only have one addons folder in Kodi, but of course each profile has its own addon_data folder. This seems to work fine, updates can be applied in any profile and work for all the others.

In what way is Kodi broken regarding addons? What problems exist that I haven't seen yet?

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - bromix - 2015-07-29

(2015-07-29, 16:00)jmh2002 Wrote: Ok, again I will defer to you since my knowledge is limited regarding any problem, but in my case I have one Master profile, and the others are clones, so I only have one addons folder in Kodi, but of course each profile has its own addon_data folder. This seems to work fine, updates can be applied in any profile and work for all the others.

In what way is Kodi broken regarding addons? What problems exist that I haven't seen yet?

I don't know the current user...so I don't know how to switch to the correct addons user folder.

Update
I see the problem...do you have my repo installed? If so I can try something today after work If my brain is still functioning Wink

Ah ok.... But in my setup, there is only one addons folder (under the Master profile) - the cloned additional profiles don't have their own addons folder.

(2015-07-29, 16:05)jmh2002 Wrote: Ah ok.... But in my setup, there is only one addons folder (under the Master profile) - the cloned additional profiles don't have their own addons folder.

We test it anyway Wink

I see, I already requesting the current users profile....strange...it should work.

Code:
xbmc.translatePath('special://profile/addon_data/%s' % self._plugin_id)

(2015-07-29, 16:02)bromix Wrote: I don't know the current user...so I don't know how to switch to the correct addons user folder.

Update
I see the problem...do you have my repo installed? If so I can try something today after work If my brain is still functioning Wink

^^^ Ninja edit Wink but now i see it.

(2015-07-29, 16:08)bromix Wrote:
(2015-07-29, 16:05)jmh2002 Wrote: Ah ok.... But in my setup, there is only one addons folder (under the Master profile) - the cloned additional profiles don't have their own addons folder.

We test it anyway Wink

I can reinstall your repo and/or you can PM me a test zip to download and install if you wish. No hurry.

I also have some devices where I have only quickly updated the currently in use profile, so the other two profiles (Master and another) havent yet been re-authorised for youtube (if this is helpful for testing).

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - interwebme - 2015-07-29

Complete noob here.

I'm running Midnight M3 with pivos Kodi 14. I used tvaddons to install a package and Bromix your youtube addon 5.1.7 just says script failed when I try to launch it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

(2015-07-29, 16:44)interwebme Wrote: Complete noob here.

I'm running Midnight M3 with pivos Kodi 14. I used tvaddons to install a package and Bromix your youtube addon 5.1.7 just says script failed when I try to launch it. Any ideas on how to fix it?

No support for that => see banned_add-ons (wiki)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - interwebme - 2015-07-29

ah, thanks anyway Smile

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - Broty - 2015-07-29

Hey Bromix,
I'm running Kodi OSMC on my PI and I really like your work on the Youtube App.
First I've to admit that I'm a newby.
My question: Is there a way to pair the Youtube app on my Android phone to the raspberry youtube app (leanback).
I would like to use the phone as a remote control for Youtube as it works on smart TVs or Chromecast or FireTV, but i can't find a page where to get the pairing code to enter in my phone.

Thanks so far.

Broty

(2015-07-29, 22:20)Broty Wrote: Hey Bromix,
I'm running Kodi OSMC on my PI and I really like your work on the Youtube App.
First I've to admit that I'm a newby.
My question: Is there a way to pair the Youtube app on my Android phone to the raspberry youtube app (leanback).
I would like to use the phone as a remote control for Youtube as it works on smart TVs or Chromecast or FireTV, but i can't find a page where to get the pairing code to enter in my phone.

Thanks so far.

Broty
Sorry...pairing won't work with the addon. But you can user KORE or YaTsE for that task.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - Broty - 2015-07-29

Ok Thanks. I'm already using KORE. Are there any plans to bring pairing in a future version?

(2015-07-29, 22:30)Broty Wrote: Ok Thanks. I'm already using KORE. Are there any plans to bring pairing in a future version?
No. The protocol isn't that simple to implement and would need an additional addon as service to work Smile

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - buiweezy127 - 2015-07-29

hi i keep getting exception in content provider- unknown kind error. I backed up my kodi from my pc and reinstalled to a few other fire sticks and all got same error. please help. thanks

(2015-07-29, 23:45)buiweezy127 Wrote: hi i keep getting exception in content provider- unknown kind error. I backed up my kodi from my pc and reinstalled to a few other fire sticks and all got same error. please help. thanks
Are you logged in? If so delete the addons user folder and start fresh. Are you using 5.1.7 from the official repository?
If these steps don't help provide a debug-log (wiki) via pastebin.com or similar.