Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - parcel - 2016-03-07

(2016-03-06, 12:52)warheat1990 Wrote:
(2016-03-06, 12:22)jdf76 Wrote: You will need to supply a little more information. I suggest you start with supplying a log file to determine what is happening.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

Jeff

(2016-03-06, 12:08)warheat1990 Wrote: Hello friends, I just installed 5.1.20.3, but I still unable to watch Live Stream, I saw this post : http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735&pid=2261848#pid2261848 a couple pages back but I have no idea what it means (I tried to access the url and change the IP address to my own IP address but no luck), can someone walk me through it? Any help will be appreciated.

Here's my log : http://xbmclogs.com/ptawrpxd6

your ffmpeg don't support https.
Code:
18:08:45 T:1633678320  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
18:08:45 T:1633678320   DEBUG: ffmpeg[615FF3F0]: https protocol not found, recompile FFmpeg with openssl, gnutls,
18:08:45 T:1633678320   DEBUG: ffmpeg[615FF3F0]: or securetransport enabled.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - pawprints1986 - 2016-03-07

(2016-03-06, 12:19)jdf76 Wrote: Hi there. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Try download the newest version from

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases/download/5.1.20.4/plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.4.zip

it's a direct link. The link i put in the post didn't point to the file just to his releases repo. If this doesn't work, i would suggest waiting for the official Kodi Repository to update.

I hope this helps you, if it doesn't then you will need access to a computer.

Thank you,
Jeff

Thank you for this link!!!!

i had been looking around in the settings off and on for days, looking for anywhere logical to input new api settings into my older existing youtube addon, with no luck and no current youtube (on PC) tutorial about configuring it.

this makes things so much easier!! Big Grin

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - misty01 - 2016-03-07

(2016-03-06, 23:25)clarjon1 Wrote: Snipped...

Also, i figured out why youtube streaming has stopped. It appears that youtube is using a different format tag for the livestreams. I was getting errors with the message "unknown yt_format for itag 91" in logs, so I looked to see if i could fix it myself.

I found in /resources/lib/youtube/helper/video_info.py the list of video formats youtube will use, and copied the block starting on line 137
Code:
'92': {'container': 'ts',
               'Live': True,
               'title': 'Live@240p',
               'sort': [240, 0],
               'video': {'height': 240, 'encoding': 'h.264'},
               'audio': {'bitrate': 48, 'encoding': 'aac'}},
and pasted it right after, changing the starting ID number to what the log files were complaining about, so
Code:
'91': {'container': 'ts',

Saved, zipped, slapped onto kodi, and youtube streaming is functional again.

If this can get passed on to whoever is working on picking up the plugin, I'm sure this will make a lot of people happy. Not the cleanest fix i'm sure, but it's been working well for me for the past 6 streams i've tested, and the past half hour or so of stream watching.

@clarjon1:

What version of youtube add-on were you running and modified? The reason I ask is because itag 91 was patched in version 5.1.20.2. The video resolution was verified by forum member parcel, not just copy and paste and change itag id #.

Code:
from parcel, itag 91 patched in version 5.1.20.2 thru 5.1.20.4:

# === Live Streams ===
        'title': 'Live@144p',
        'sort': [144, 0],
         'video': {'height': 144, 'encoding': 'h.264'},
'92': {'container': 'ts',

Kolifanes applied your patch and released 5.1.20.5, but this broke live streams again because itag 92 is now missing.

Code:
from version 5.1.20.5

# === Live Streams ===
         'title': 'Live@144p',
         'sort': [144, 0],
         'video': {'height': 144, 'encoding': 'h.264'},
'93': {'container': 'ts',
        'title': 'Live@360p',
        'sort': [360, 0],
        'video': {'height': 360, 'encoding': 'h.264'},
        'audio': {'bitrate': 128, 'encoding': 'aac'}},

Anyway itag 92 needs to be put back in and I'm not so sure there can be 2 entries for itag 91 because that may cause a conflict. If anything I would prefer to keep the itag 91 patch that was video resolution verified by parcel. The last working release prior to your suggested patch was 5.1.20.4. If you were running 5.1.20.4 and you patched it with a 2nd itag 91 entry, then please be clear about it so the add-on can be patched correctly. Hopefully you'll let us know what version you were running and patched. Right now I think the best thing to do is take release 5.1.20.5 down and reinstate version 5.1.20.4 as the last release or bump version 5.1.20.4 up to 5.1.20.6 (in addon.xml).

As previously mentioned in the thread, the best way to keep track of all changes is via git for version control and suggested changes made via pull requests. That way code changes can be reviewed before a new release is made. Let's all work together to have a working youtube add-on.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - helmer - 2016-03-07

The API

Is that needed for "normal" users of the addon?

Or can we just go ahead and update.
I can´t login to youtube on my PI.
I have a clean PI with openelec 6.0.3

//Thanks

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Kolifanes - 2016-03-07

Restored 5.1.20.4

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - mandricus - 2016-03-07

Hi guys. First of all, thank you for your great efforts on the plugin. I really appreciate it, as you are trying to restore this important Kodi functionality. Please don't mind useless people ranting about the fact that the plugin is not working. I see that you are trying to do your best in order to find a viable solution and a viable approach. This is not easy but I'm pretty sure a solution will be found.

As far as I can understand, there is still a pretty amount of work to be done before the plugin can be declared stable and pushed into the Kodi repository.

From an user perspective: if you want to have a working Youtube plugin in Kodi, there are two options at the moment:

1) Wait for the development of the plugin. Some day this plugin will be pushed in the main Kodi repository, and people will receive the update via the usual Kodi plugins update method.

2) Try to manually update the plugin with the version still in development (it will require a certain amount of skills).

Regarding point 2), I think would be useful for the users to have a reference post always updated with latest install instructions.

There are a lot of post in this thread from different users providing install instructions. I think a reference post, regularly updated by the developers, would be useful for all users wondering what they have to do in order to install and test the plugin.

This could also help to spread plugin usage, and to gather more feedback from users (but please make clear to the users that the plugin is still a work in progress)

AFAIK at the moment these are the steps needed in order to install the plugin:

1)

Delete

$KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder

$KODI/addons/plugin.video.youtube

2) restart kodi.

3) Download latest version of the plugin in development from https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases . Put the .zip file into a folder readable by Kodi. Install the plugin from the .zip file (Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to the ZIP file)

you should be gold at that point, if it still doesn't work go ahead and get the kodi.log file.

see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

Please correct / integrate steps if needed.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - un1versal - 2016-03-07

(2016-03-07, 10:54)Kolifanes Wrote: Restored 5.1.20.4

Why did you chnage all file permission to 755? I mean everything is now 755 that doesnt need to be.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - misty01 - 2016-03-07

(2016-03-07, 10:35)helmer Wrote: The API

//Thanks

The add-on can be used without login (I'm guessing that's how you want to use it), you are good to go. Latest feature allows users with their own API key a way to change the API key used by the add-on without digging into the code to make changes, that is all.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - bakito - 2016-03-07

Just a message to thanks everyone that fix as much as they can this essential add on...
Cheers

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - gitman - 2016-03-07

thanks for the update, hope to see it in the official repo soon.

question - the "Recommended for You" list has always shown up empty for me, even on the original Youtube 5.x. does anyone else have this problem?

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - helmer - 2016-03-07

(2016-03-07, 18:06)misty01 Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 10:35)helmer Wrote: The API

//Thanks

The add-on can be used without login (I'm guessing that's how you want to use it), you are good to go. Latest feature allows users with their own API key a way to change the API key used by the add-on without digging into the code to make changes, that is all.

No i wanted to login Smile But with .4 version i can do that now. So no problem Wink

(2016-03-07, 22:17)helmer Wrote: No i wanted to login Smile But with .4 version i can do that now. So no problem Wink

Hi,
I downloaded .4 version but I'm not able to login. Can you please explain what I have to do? I tried to hit "Logout" on the plugin, looks like now I'm not logged anymore, but don't know how to start again the login/authorization process.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - jdf76 - 2016-03-07

If you can't log out just delete the $KODI/userdata/addon_data directory and it should reset the plugin as if it's never had been launched.

$KODI is your kodi directory. see Userdata (wiki) for help

Thank you. I deleted all the folders again, reinstalled from scratch the .zip and now everything works.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - garfin - 2016-03-08

Hi, could someone please pen an "Dummies guide to generating API keys.." ?

I followed as best i could some posts back around page 184 of this thread..

Here is your API key
AIzaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcw

OAuth client
Here is your client ID
52487164738-eqtxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvmvhb2q.apps.googleusercontent.com
Here is your client secret
lQ0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxKjd

and yet when i enter those into the API keys tab on a fresh install of .5 version, API key does not authenticate. (also, client ID.. Do i need to drop the .apps.googleusercontent.com from the end of that key? The way the default keys are displayed on .5 API tab, seems to suggest yes.)