Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Crowly - 2016-03-24

As a workaround to the favorites issue, I found two workarounds:
  • Go to the channel in the favorite list, move down to one of the videos, bing up the context menu and select "Go to channel name". (I only have this option on one of my two Kodi installations, both same version of everything, not sure why it only exist on one of them)
  • Install the add-on "Super Favorites", this has an option "Explore Kodi Favorites". When you access the channel this way it will fetch an updated list. Just add Super Favorites as a shortcut on the home screen, and its only a few extra steps to get the updated content list for a channel. Not optimal, but at least you are able to manually refresh.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - DarrenHill - 2016-03-24

(2016-03-24, 07:54)Kaskade Wrote: Hi.

I have problems with vids tagged as inappropiate.

I have followed instructions from here : http://bestforkodi.com/fix-the-youtube-kodi-addon/ and now I have v1.20.4

All I get, when I try to run a vid tagged as inappropiate, is a message regarding it may be inappropiate for some users, and nothing else occurs.

I'm using Openelec Milhouse, last version, and Kodi 16.0 BETA3 on a Raspberry Pi 2B.

I'm attaching a log also, as soon as I learn how to do it. -> http://pastebin.com/download/QqRthtmQ

Thanx a lot in advance!

That add-on has nothing at all to do with either this forum or this specific thread (and indeed from a quick look the repo looks like it may well violate our forum rules (wiki)). If you want to use that one, go ask at that other site for support.

It's not something we would support - I would suggest you stop following random blogs on internet sites that happen to have Kodi in their names (which in itself may be an issue for them, but that's not for discussion here) and install the YouTube add-on to which this thread actually relates. That can be found in Kolifanes repo, and is currently at version 5.1.20.5. Get rid of the other add-on and download the zip file from that link and use the install from zip option in the add-ons menu to install it onto your system.

Hopefully the version in the official Kodi repo can at some point soon be replaced by Kolifanes et al's one, but there are some administrative team items to resolve first (read back in this thread for more details if you so desire).

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Kaskade - 2016-03-24

¿What's the right place and the right how to post again if I have the same issue with the one you recommend?

###UPDATE###
It does have the same issue. Vids tagged as 'inappropiate' does not shown.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - *Spider* - 2016-03-24

Did you click on 'Sign In' and do the 2 verifications?

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - DjDiabolik - 2016-03-24

(2016-03-24, 10:37)Crowly Wrote: As a workaround to the favorites issue, I found two workarounds:
  • Go to the channel in the favorite list, move down to one of the videos, bing up the context menu and select "Go to channel name". (I only have this option on one of my two Kodi installations, both same version of everything, not sure why it only exist on one of them)
  • Install the add-on "Super Favorites", this as an option "Explore Kodi Favorites". When you access the channel this way it will fetch an updated list. Just add Super Favorites as a shortcut on the home screen, and its only a few extra steps to get the updated content list for a channel. Not optimal, but at least you are able to manually refresh.

The "Go to channel name" it's can be used only when you add on favourites.xml the userID and not the ChannelID but there are some channel wo don't use the userID.........

Super Favourites it's a addons i have always ask how it's works......... today i try to install Smile

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Steph09 - 2016-03-25

Don't know if this has been brought up already but an issue has appeared where trying to remove something from the watch later list brings up the error 'playlist item not found'. It was happening on Tuesday but was fine yesterday but seems to have come back today.

I use the watch later list a lot & i've got something like 70 things on there atm that i'm going through to watch & I like to be able to remove them one I've watched them & its kind of annoying having to do it all through the website trying to remember what i've watched & what i haven't.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Kaskade - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-24, 16:35)*Spider* Wrote: Did you click on 'Sign In' and do the 2 verifications?

Of course.

Disconnect and connect again. Reboot Rasp. Uninstall and reinstall addon.

It doesn't worked out.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - *Spider* - 2016-03-25

(2016-03-25, 04:36)Kaskade Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 16:35)*Spider* Wrote: Did you click on 'Sign In' and do the 2 verifications?

Of course.

Disconnect and connect again. Reboot Rasp. Uninstall and reinstall addon.

It doesn't worked out.

Okay, I'm presuming that you are able to watch them through a web browser, so you know that they are not broken except in Kodi that doesn't like them.
Give us some examples of vids tagged as inappropriate and we will try and recreate the issue on our various Kodi systems.

Yes. I can see them via web browser, after log in to verify I'm an adult.

Vid I'm using for testing : (07:03:36 3271.117920 T:1964769280 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=UCM9G8yKBKw] )

I'm using Openelec (KODI 16.0 BETA3) on a Raspberry Pi 2B.

Thanx a lot!

###UPDATE###
Tested on Kodi 15.2 in W10. Same issue.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - jdf76 - 2016-03-25

Note when you uninstall it doesn't necessarily delete everything. you'll need to go into your userdata/addon_data and delete the plugins.video.youtube directory as well.

It will then launch as it's new.

Jeff

(2016-03-16, 05:27)learningit Wrote: @DJStash I guess I still am misunderstanding something. Why should anyone be concerned about the Bromix repo being deleted? Anymore than if I were to delete all my add-on repos tomorrow. The method which both of us use (though not all devs use this method) has us having a fork of the xbmc plugin-repo which we make pull requests from. The master is with team Kodi . even if you were to submit a PR to me, I would downstream need to make a PR into the master which is curated by team Kodi. An organization is really an intermediate step to collect changes from different devs, but still requires some authority to approve the PR and subsequently submit them to the master repo. Other devs could just as easily fork the master, make changes and submit them to team Kodi. So unless you need some close coordination between devs outside of the master on the xbmc git, not much is accomplished by creating an org repo.
In particular, I believe that the V17 version will need a fairly major overhaul (read total rewrite) particularly for DASH and 1080/4K support that everyone whines for, as well as some API fixes. Why? Bromix is an expert coder and engineered the addon such that if requires an expert coder to maintain it properly. Yes the odd fix can be made, but it is difficult to do a heavy lift for V17 by a less than expert coder.This can be done in the near future.
@nickr if you look at my designation it's "skilled" not "expert", and to be fair, my skills are kinda like Napoleon Dynamite's definition of skills.

(2016-03-25, 15:32)Kaskade Wrote: Yes. I can see them via web browser, after log in to verify I'm an adult.

Vid I'm using for testing : (07:03:36 3271.117920 T:1964769280 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=UCM9G8yKBKw] )

Thanx a lot!

###UPDATE###

(2016-03-25, 17:45)jdf76 Wrote: Note when you uninstall it doesn't necessarily delete everything. you'll need to go into your userdata/addon_data and delete the plugins.video.youtube directory as well.

It will then launch as it's new.

Jeff

(2016-03-16, 05:27)learningit Wrote: @DJStash I guess I still am misunderstanding something. Why should anyone be concerned about the Bromix repo being deleted? Anymore than if I were to delete all my add-on repos tomorrow. The method which both of us use (though not all devs use this method) has us having a fork of the xbmc plugin-repo which we make pull requests from. The master is with team Kodi . even if you were to submit a PR to me, I would downstream need to make a PR into the master which is curated by team Kodi. An organization is really an intermediate step to collect changes from different devs, but still requires some authority to approve the PR and subsequently submit them to the master repo. Other devs could just as easily fork the master, make changes and submit them to team Kodi. So unless you need some close coordination between devs outside of the master on the xbmc git, not much is accomplished by creating an org repo.
In particular, I believe that the V17 version will need a fairly major overhaul (read total rewrite) particularly for DASH and 1080/4K support that everyone whines for, as well as some API fixes. Why? Bromix is an expert coder and engineered the addon such that if requires an expert coder to maintain it properly. Yes the odd fix can be made, but it is difficult to do a heavy lift for V17 by a less than expert coder.This can be done in the near future.
@nickr if you look at my designation it's "skilled" not "expert", and to be fair, my skills are kinda like Napoleon Dynamite's definition of skills.

(2016-03-25, 15:32)Kaskade Wrote: Yes. I can see them via web browser, after log in to verify I'm an adult.

Thanx a lot!

###UPDATE###

I know, But I'll do it again, just to be sure Smile

###UPDATE###
Done and still not working. Unistalled addon, renamed folder, rebooted, reinstall addon and same message about inappropiate content.

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - jdf76 - 2016-03-25

Yah the inappropriate content thing doesn't work i never got passed that. I figured it was an issue with the api which i'll look into at a later time. Unfortunately that is the way it is at this point.

Sorry about that

Jeff

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Kaskade - 2016-03-26

It's perfectly fine.

I just wanted to know if I was doing something wrong. Keep up the good work and someday it will work, as everything else is working now,

Thanx a lot for the reply!

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Steph09 - 2016-03-26

(2016-03-25, 03:47)Steph09 Wrote: Don't know if this has been brought up already but an issue has appeared where trying to remove something from the watch later list brings up the error 'playlist item not found'. It was happening on Tuesday but was fine yesterday but seems to have come back today.

I use the watch later list a lot & i've got something like 70 things on there atm that i'm going through to watch & I like to be able to remove them one I've watched them & its kind of annoying having to do it all through the website trying to remember what i've watched & what i haven't.

Just to add a bit of info from the log, This seems to be where the issue begins when i try to remove the item from the playlist:

Quote:01:43:36 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
01:43:36 T:6352 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::RunScriptWithParams - calling plugin YouTube('plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/remove/video/','-1','?playlist_id=WL53Kr9YCskl78KraogPUumg&video_id=V0w1M0tyOVlDc2tsNzhLcmFvZ1BVdW1nLjVERjQ0NzE3NzhCOTY0Q0E%3D&video_name=Donkey+Kong+Jr.+Nintendo+Mini+Arcade+-+Rerez')
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
01:43:36 T:3244 INFO: initializing python engine.
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): start processing
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py"
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.youtube" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
01:43:36 T:3244 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.20.5) on Jarvis (16.0) with Python 2.7.8
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Path: "/playlist/remove/video/
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Params: "{'playlist_id': u'WL53Kr9YCskl78KraogPUumg', 'video_id': u'V0w1M0tyOVlDc2tsNzhLcmFvZ1BVdW1nLjVERjQ0NzE3NzhCOTY0Q0E=', 'video_name': u'Donkey Kong Jr. Nintendo Mini Arcade - Rerez'}"
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 104 strings from file C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\language\English\strings.po
01:43:36 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
01:43:36 T:6352 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
01:43:37 T:6352 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x4b, sym: 0x0114, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
01:43:37 T:6352 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Selecting YouTube config "Jarvis"
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] User is logged in
01:43:38 T:3244 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
01:43:38 T:3244 INFO: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): script successfully run
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:43:38 T:3244 INFO: Python script stopped
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3244 terminating
01:43:44 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:43:45 T:6352 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active

RE: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - jdf76 - 2016-03-26

Well by default when you watch something it auto-deletes from your watch later list. you may want to make sure if thats not checked.

Give me details like your OS w/version/Skin/Kodi_Ver/ytplugin ver.

Thx
Jeff

(2016-03-26, 03:51)Steph09 Wrote:
(2016-03-25, 03:47)Steph09 Wrote: Don't know if this has been brought up already but an issue has appeared where trying to remove something from the watch later list brings up the error 'playlist item not found'. It was happening on Tuesday but was fine yesterday but seems to have come back today.

Just to add a bit of info from the log, This seems to be where the issue begins when i try to remove the item from the playlist:

Quote:01:43:36 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
01:43:36 T:6352 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::RunScriptWithParams - calling plugin YouTube('plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/remove/video/','-1','?playlist_id=WL53Kr9YCskl78KraogPUumg&video_id=V0w1M0tyOVlDc2tsNzhLcmFvZ1BVdW1nLjVERjQ0NzE3NzhCOTY0Q0E%3D&video_name=Donkey+Kong+Jr.+Nintendo+Mini+Arcade+-+Rerez')
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
01:43:36 T:3244 INFO: initializing python engine.
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): start processing
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): the source file to load is "C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py"
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): setting the Python path to C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\python27.zip;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python;C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\lib\site-packages
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.youtube" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Starting Kodion framework by bromix...
01:43:36 T:3244 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.20.5) on Jarvis (16.0) with Python 2.7.8
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Path: "/playlist/remove/video/
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Params: "{'playlist_id': u'WL53Kr9YCskl78KraogPUumg', 'video_id': u'V0w1M0tyOVlDc2tsNzhLcmFvZ1BVdW1nLjVERjQ0NzE3NzhCOTY0Q0E=', 'video_name': u'Donkey Kong Jr. Nintendo Mini Arcade - Rerez'}"
01:43:36 T:3244 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 104 strings from file C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\language\English\strings.po
01:43:36 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
01:43:36 T:6352 INFO: Loading skin file: DialogYesNo.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
01:43:37 T:6352 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x4b, sym: 0x0114, unicode: 0x0000, modifier: 0x0
01:43:37 T:6352 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: left (0xf082) pressed, action is Left
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x1c, sym: 0x000d, unicode: 0x000d, modifier: 0x0
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: CInputManager::OnKey: return (0xf00d) pressed, action is Select
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogYesNo.xml) ------
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Selecting YouTube config "Jarvis"
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] User is logged in
01:43:38 T:3244 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: [plugin.video.youtube] Shutdown of Kodion
01:43:38 T:3244 INFO: CPythonInvoker(16, C:\Users\Stef\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py): script successfully run
01:43:38 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:43:38 T:3244 INFO: Python script stopped
01:43:38 T:3244 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 3244 terminating
01:43:44 T:6352 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
01:43:45 T:6352 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active