Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - rodalpho - 2014-12-27

Great to hear you're adding filtering, particularly by time added. That's my biggest problem with the addon.

Now that it's the official Kodi youtube addon, will it be updated in the official repo? Can we remove the bromix repo?

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - enen92 - 2014-12-27

Thanks for building this and I'm glad to see it replacing the old youtube addon. It's much faster, stable, reliable and well designed.
Keep it up. +1

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - bromix - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-27, 04:48)tomer953 Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 01:03)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 00:54)tomer953 Wrote: Good to see bromix version being the official version of kodi now!!

Little request,
Any chance to play videos from youtube app in ios?
You need to make kodi to be a "remote tv" somehow.
You have there the options to "pair device" like smart-tv

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites/androidcentral.com/files/styles/medium/public/article_images/2014/09/youtubepair6.jpg?itok=a7Gii2n6

Then send videos from phone.
Can be made?

Nope...already tested it...to much work to reverse engineer the protocol behind it + we need a service opening a port to receive the input of the remote. If you send a command via phone/remote it will first run through the Google/YouTube server (Internet) before reaching KODI (tested with Wireshark + additional proxy). So the service has to run separately from the addon.

Got It, Thanks..
and the airplay part? which now send only audio?
some apps like iTube send both audio and video, worth a check
AirPlay is the same problem. We need some kind of a service and someone how can help me with it.

(2014-12-27, 11:11)peppe_sr Wrote: hi brominx, i have a little request for you.
could you add a sort of notification system at the starts of a videos like the one used from AddonScriptorDE in his Youtube Music addon.
i find it really usefull when i play a playlist.
thanks a lot mate, and as always good work.
Peppe
If someone can give me a code-example? Maybe, if I remember correct this was a dirty hack?

(2014-12-27, 12:10)KrzychuG Wrote: The "auto-remove from watch later" doesn't seem to work so far. For over 2 days i have few watched vides that are still on that list.
I look into that Smile

(2014-12-27, 15:03)laptopu Wrote: Found this plug-in today, welcome to the default player on Kodi. Loved the pair feature, very very easy.

I can't see any of my viewed history though, I have been into 'configure' and selected History as an option but when I go into history there's nothing there. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using Kodi 4.97.3 on RPi, thanks.
The history isn't workin with APIv2 (old addon) and APIv3 this addon. The problem is YouTube....the API isn't working with the history Sad

(2014-12-27, 15:24)Arse4life Wrote: Is this the official YouTube for the .org now?
Yes, official YouTube addon.

(2014-12-27, 16:48)rodalpho Wrote: Great to hear you're adding filtering, particularly by time added. That's my biggest problem with the addon.

Now that it's the official Kodi youtube addon, will it be updated in the official repo? Can we remove the bromix repo?
Yes...you can remove the bromix repo (I will provide beta version via the bromix repo, so I can test official updates before they go public)

(2014-12-27, 17:11)enen92 Wrote: Thanks for building this and I'm glad to see it replacing the old youtube addon. It's much faster, stable, reliable and well designed.
Keep it up. +1
Thanks Wink

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - Martijn - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-27, 17:23)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 15:24)Arse4life Wrote: Is this the official YouTube for the .org now?

Unless Youtube releases their own addon, there is no such thing as "official" Smile

(2014-12-27, 17:29)Martijn Wrote:

Unless Youtube releases their own addon, there is no such thing as "official" Smile

That would be something Big Grin btw, I'm preparing the next update Smile

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - rodalpho - 2014-12-27

I have a roku3 on the same TV and vastly prefer the Kodi addon. The official Youtube app has a terrible space-consuming UI and often plays non-skippable interstitial advertisements.

I'm OK with ads skippable after a few seconds, but non-skippable ads are simply unacceptable. I will not sit through a 30 second ad under any circumstances.

Would be nice to get 1080p video, though. Pity it's impossible in Kodi.

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - TerrorKeed - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-27, 17:29)Martijn Wrote:

It's Kodi's "De-facto" addon Big Grin

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - jonib - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-27, 12:10)KrzychuG Wrote: The "auto-remove from watch later" doesn't seem to work so far. For over 2 days i have few watched vides that are still on that list.
I look into that Smile
I have a problem with videos not being removed in the Watch later list, but only on later pages (don't know what page the problem starts) I have about 10 pages.
On the first page it seems to work fine. But I was going to do more testing to find out more specifics but that hasn't happened yet. Rolleyes

jonib

RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - learningit - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-26, 20:13)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 19:21)rmarney Wrote: Another vote to include the download features of the old Youtube plugin.

I was really disappointed this was taken away.

Anyone have an idea on how to revert to the old plugin in the interim until this is replaced?

It wasn't taken away..it even wasn't working anymore in the old addon Smile
This is not correct, it does work. There are a number of functions in the old addon which are not working in the new one. I'm not sure why the decision was taken to replace the old one with this version (probably haven't read back enough in the thread), but it should have at least the same functionality as the previous addon. A number of other addons require the functions in the old YouTube addon. Why does this just replace the old addon as an update?

Re: RE: YouTube - KODI 14.0 Helix - Martijn - 2014-12-27

(2014-12-27, 21:34)learningit Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 20:13)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 19:21)rmarney Wrote: Another vote to include the download features of the old Youtube plugin.

I was really disappointed this was taken away.

Anyone have an idea on how to revert to the old plugin in the interim until this is replaced?

It wasn't taken away..it even wasn't working anymore in the old addon Smile
This is not correct, it does work. There are a number of functions in the old addon which are not working in the new one. I'm not sure why the decision was taken to replace the old one with this version (probably haven't read back enough in the thread), but it should have at least the same functionality as the previous addon. A number of other addons require the functions in the old YouTube addon.

And download is no such feature that you require in an addon. Only thing that needs to work is playback

(2014-12-27, 21:40)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 21:34)learningit Wrote:
(2014-12-26, 20:13)bromix Wrote: It wasn't taken away..it even wasn't working anymore in the old addon Smile
This is not correct, it does work. There are a number of functions in the old addon which are not working in the new one. I'm not sure why the decision was taken to replace the old one with this version (probably haven't read back enough in the thread), but it should have at least the same functionality as the previous addon. A number of other addons require the functions in the old YouTube addon.

And download is no such feature that you require in an addon. Only thing that needs to work is playback
I'm not going to disagree with that, but it also doesn't play some older videos from the url so it affects addons which link to the YouTube addon like Vevo and Slooh. I'm just surprised that it totally replaced the previous version with as an update.

The old one was totally unsupported as the original devs never visited here or even updated it. That's why this was done and only pushed it to Helix.
I'm not going to argue about this decision. If old devs don't update their addons anymore others are free to take over. I suggest you now work together on getting all playback working again you claim now doesn't.

The old url of the old addon is working Wink already tested it Smile So if another addon uses YouTube for playback, this should work. A deprecation warning is logged how to call the addon properly.

I'm not arguing about the decision either, I really like the new addon and I've had to keep the old one going from time to time to keep other addons working, so this is a godsend. It just would have been good to test for issues before folks started complaining about them in other addons, from what I can see there are some issues, but I'll get to them when I can.

You can't test it all until it's in. Same as Kodi itself. You can't expect us to test all possible combination out there. Same with this addon. That's why I only let it in Helix as that wouldn't hit the entire userbase. Once all works I'm sure we can put it in Frodo or Gotham as well depending on when we discard Frodo repo