Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.0 Helix - _moo_ - 2015-01-27

I confirm having the same issues as constrainer on raspberry (archlinux - distro does not matter though)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.0 Helix - bromix - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 15:04)kuldan Wrote: I enjoy this add-on as many other, but have a question... currently, the watched history is very short - about ~20 entries or so? (Don't know really)... I sometimes browse that list back for as much as google allows to find old stuff I watched, so would it be possible to inplement loading multiple "pages" of backlog going further back in time?

Is your Google+ connect to YouTube...this is a well known Issue with YouTube and tracing back to APIv2. Why? I don't know, but it's something I can't fix.

(2015-01-27, 00:49)gotiuser01 Wrote:
(2015-01-26, 20:17)bromix Wrote: Nice to hear Smile I don't know what the old context menu looks like - I never used it. "Play from here" okay...but the rest not and I explain why Wink

"What to watch" - first of APIv3 doesn't provide something similar to replicate the result of the APIv2 - secondly, this is a "CONTEXT MENU"...this means the menu should be based on the context and in this case the context is a video. So "Related videos" makes more sense then "Watch to Watch" or "My subscriptions". I'm not a fan to use context menus for shortcuts because of usability and logic.

Regarding external players see the following thread. I replace the complete context menu, because I need most of the space for meaning full items and I can only add up to 10 menu items (tested with confluence) Sad

Hi Bromix

Thanks for the replySmile This is what the old context menu looked like back in 5.0.0, in the "what to watch" folder where I could just play from any specific video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-eD7xwcVQJiU0o1YU53Mml4T28&authuser=0

Is this context menu based on APIv2? It was there like just a couple of weeks ago and losing it totally changed my life Sad

And I didn't say we should have "my subscriptions" or "what to watch" as shortcuts in the context menu. What I was saying is we are now missing a few menu items from the new context menu (as opposed to the old one in your 5.0.0) in certain "sections" in this add-on, and some of them are quite important as context menu items. By "sections", I meant folders like "What to Watch", "My Subscriptions", etc. Sorry if I wasn't being very clear...

I see...I will update the context menu...I have misunderstood you Smile I have to replace the context menu, because I can only place 10 items at least. So with the default menu items I can add even less. External Player isn't working for now (see here why).

(2015-01-27, 15:14)constrainer Wrote: Hi Bromix,

I am writing to you to request a small feature, if possible. I have your YouTube plugin installed both on my laptop and on a media center device. It is working well, but my media center device is having a strange issue. Some videos (not all, but considerable amount) are playing choppy and with a severe asynch between sound and video. This is probably an issue with some library, but even after a full update of the firmware it persisted. When there was the old YouTube plugin, I rectified the problem by setting the video quality to 'ask' and I always selected 380 (not 360). For some reason EVERY video was playing OK in 380. Strange thing is that although there were some choppy videos in SD others are playing in 720 without a problem.

Here is my request to you: would you please add in the configuration a setting for the video quality to be 380? I think that by forcing all the videos in this resolution the problem will be corrected.

Best regards and thank you for the hard work.

(2015-01-27, 15:40)_moo_ Wrote: I confirm having the same issues as constrainer on raspberry (archlinux - distro does not matter though)

Ahh, always repeating myself....Full log please...I don't know what platform you're running on (windows, linux (or some other posix) and which version - see the problems with Yosemite)...I don't know which version of XBMC or KODI (14.0 or 14.1 RC and last time I was asked even with an alpha version of KODI!) you're running....also what maybe in the log to find for me to help Wink The only thing I can tell for now is that I had to realize that KODI isn't working flawless on a linux system. The same streams (the addon only provides the URL to the video stream and has nothing to do with the playback) is working without a problem on windows, but isn't working on android or playing choppy on linux and I don't know why but I hope this will be fixed in the next updates of KODI. The addon isn't playing the streams...the system (XBMC or KODI) is.

Regarding the video quality: 380p isn't a valid VQ (see here). 240p, 360p, 480p and so on are valid. Even if you would select 380 Confused logic will win and select the 360p stream (best fit). So this wouldn't change anything at all. It must be a coincident that it could help in your case.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.0 Helix - tomer953 - 2015-01-27

everything is failed today.

"This video contains content from VEVO. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. watch it on youtube"
http://pastebin.com/ZmQaZCeG

Please give a solution for this... Sad

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.0 Helix - peppe_sr - 2015-01-27

here the same not only for vevo, i think same issue of a couple of months ago.
know we have messages and errors.
waiting for bromix magic!
Peppe

(2015-01-27, 17:11)tomer953 Wrote: everything is failed today.

"This video contains content from VEVO. It is restricted from playback on certain sites. watch it on youtube"
http://pastebin.com/ZmQaZCeG

Please give a solution for this... Sad

(2015-01-27, 17:28)peppe_sr Wrote: here the same not only for vevo, i think same issue of a couple of months ago.
know we have messages and errors.
waiting for bromix magic!
Peppe

Update is on the way...but only for the Beta-testers Wink if this works I will consider a PR to the off. repo.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.0 Helix - onizuka - 2015-01-27

Same thing watching GameSack on YouTube. Some error about Screenwave media blocking? Never had this issue watching GameSack.

(2015-01-27, 18:40)onizuka Wrote: Same thing watching GameSack on YouTube. Some error about Screenwave media blocking? Never had this issue watching GameSack.

Can you please give me an ID or the url to the video so I can write a test for this kind of problems Wink

(2015-01-27, 18:38)bromix Wrote: Update is on the way...but only for the Beta-testers Wink if this works I will consider a PR to the off. repo.

you are THE MAN, you know this?

(2015-01-27, 18:45)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 18:40)onizuka Wrote: Same thing watching GameSack on YouTube. Some error about Screenwave media blocking? Never had this issue watching GameSack.

Can you please give me an ID or the url to the video so I can write a test for this kind of problems Wink

No sweat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuLxUAM3meA

(2015-01-27, 18:54)onizuka Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 18:45)bromix Wrote:

No sweat!

Fixed with v.5.0.5~beta4 and thanks Smile

Update v5.0.5~beta4 is on Smile this should fix the problem with VEVO (again!) Smile In some cases you should delete the cache.sqlite file in the data folder of the addon.

tested, we are on the road again.
tnx mate you are super fast.
Peppe

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.0 Helix - constrainer - 2015-01-27

(2015-01-27, 16:38)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 15:14)constrainer Wrote: Hi Bromix,

I am writing to you to request a small feature, if possible. I have your YouTube plugin installed both on my laptop and on a media center device. It is working well, but my media center device is having a strange issue. Some videos (not all, but considerable amount) are playing choppy and with a severe asynch between sound and video. This is probably an issue with some library, but even after a full update of the firmware it persisted. When there was the old YouTube plugin, I rectified the problem by setting the video quality to 'ask' and I always selected 380 (not 360). For some reason EVERY video was playing OK in 380. Strange thing is that although there were some choppy videos in SD others are playing in 720 without a problem.

Here is my request to you: would you please add in the configuration a setting for the video quality to be 380? I think that by forcing all the videos in this resolution the problem will be corrected.

Best regards and thank you for the hard work.

(2015-01-27, 15:40)_moo_ Wrote: I confirm having the same issues as constrainer on raspberry (archlinux - distro does not matter though)

Ahh, always repeating myself....Full log please...I don't know what platform you're running on (windows, linux (or some other posix) and which version - see the problems with Yosemite)...I don't know which version of XBMC or KODI (14.0 or 14.1 RC and last time I was asked even with an alpha version of KODI!) you're running....also what maybe in the log to find for me to help Wink The only thing I can tell for now is that I had to realize that KODI isn't working flawless on a linux system. The same streams (the addon only provides the URL to the video stream and has nothing to do with the playback) is working without a problem on windows, but isn't working on android or playing choppy on linux and I don't know why but I hope this will be fixed in the next updates of KODI. The addon isn't playing the streams...the system (XBMC or KODI) is.

Regarding the video quality: 380p isn't a valid VQ (see here). 240p, 360p, 480p and so on are valid. Even if you would select 380 Confused logic will win and select the 360p stream (best fit). So this wouldn't change anything at all. It must be a coincident that it could help in your case.

As far as I know, the plugin works by downloading the video and playing it as a local temporary file (correct me if I'm wrong). I made an experiment and downloaded one video with issues from YouTube via third-party software, resulting in a 360p mp4 file. I played this file on XBMC (Gotham, 13.2, working on an MX Linux), and it plays smoothly and fine. Is it possible that the plugin is using different file format for the data, which triggers the issue with the decoding? If the plugin is providing an mp4 stream in 360, I think we're good.

(2015-01-27, 19:17)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 18:54)onizuka Wrote:
(2015-01-27, 18:45)bromix Wrote: Can you please give me an ID or the url to the video so I can write a test for this kind of problems Wink

No sweat!

Fixed with v.5.0.5~beta4 and thanks Smile

Works! Thanks!