Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - bromix - 2015-04-07

(2015-04-07, 12:51)co5mo Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 21:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 21:35)bromix Wrote: At the moment this should work. If you need a version with the full url, I can add this feature for the next update, but if possible, I would prefer the ID Smile
Code:
'plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=VIDEO_ID

Which dialogs do you mean exactly?

Thanks, VideoID is just fine, exactly what I need... I'm referring to this dialog box... if you can either disable it all together or disable when a activewindow is true... it would be great Smile
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgs312i0qwdfh53/screenshot032.png
Code:
if xbmcgui.Window(10000).getProperty("PseudoTVRunning") == "True":
     ##Disable dialog

hi bromix what is exactly the code in your yt plugin to disable the opening stream dialog? I would like to implement it to my addon thanks.

You can't - that's a default dialog of KODI I've nothing to do with Wink

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - co5mo - 2015-04-07

but your youtube addon doesn't show any dialog box when using pseudotvlive or the addon itself... that why I tough that you have disabled it somehow

(2015-04-07, 14:00)co5mo Wrote: but your youtube addon doesn't show any dialog box when using pseudotvlive or the addon itself... that why I tough that you have disabled it somehow

Nope sorry...I do nothing with any dialog of that kind Smile I don't know whats happening there with pseudotvlive.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - muhaha - 2015-04-07

Hello. Is it possible to add playlists, videos from my youtube account to local audio library, so that i can control it from yatse?
I want to play playlists from my account and control it with remote control. And it would be great if it shows title of every song in playlist, instead of playing whole playlist as a stream. and that i can skip some songs for example and control whole playlist. thanks

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - mujunk - 2015-04-07

I use the Yatse remote to send youtube palylists from android to kodi. The addon asks me to select the play order (default, reverse, shuffle). Just noticed that I tend to use the default order most of the time.
Would it be possible to build this in the addon settings so that I could select the default order in the settings and then not bother about choosing a play order every time. The settings can have four options (Ask, default, reverse, shuffle) and the dialog would pop-up only if the "Ask" option is selected.

(2015-04-07, 21:09)mujunk Wrote: I use the Yatse remote to send youtube palylists from android to kodi. The addon asks me to select the play order (default, reverse, shuffle). Just noticed that I tend to use the default order most of the time.
Would it be possible to build this in the addon settings so that I could select the default order in the settings and then not bother about choosing a play order every time. The settings can have four options (Ask, default, reverse, shuffle) and the dialog would pop-up only if the "Ask" option is selected.

GitHub-Issue-Tracker is your friend Wink

(2015-04-07, 15:50)muhaha Wrote: Hello. Is it possible to add playlists, videos from my youtube account to local audio library, so that i can control it from yatse?
I want to play playlists from my account and control it with remote control. And it would be great if it shows title of every song in playlist, instead of playing whole playlist as a stream. and that i can skip some songs for example and control whole playlist. thanks

Not I know of...these are streams...so nothing locally to add to a database...maybe someone else has an idea.

I think I have finished this feature. I have waited for this a long time Big Grin the extraction of user/channel URLs is improved and also the performance via caching. So already resolved URLs will be cached for at least 24h.

Version 5.1.0~beta8 (2015-04-07)
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved extraction and resolving of user/channel urls
UPD: YouTube relevant description links - improved performance resolving urls with caching

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - TheGame1986 - 2015-04-08

Hey Bromix, I'm just curious, is there a way to do something like the following, but for it to shuffle and play the videos uploaded by a channel/user instead of those in a playlist?

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLbnHnp4sVjUX25JbkSsebqJAApDaTh7Dk&order=shuffle

For example, if I wanted to do this for all the videos of DisneyJuniorUK, etc?

Thanks.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - bromix - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 01:34)RayW1986 Wrote: Hey Bromix, I'm just curious, is there a way to do something like the following, but for it to shuffle and play the videos uploaded by a channel/user instead of those in a playlist?

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?playlist_id=PLbnHnp4sVjUX25JbkSsebqJAApDaTh7Dk&order=shuffle

Thanks.

Technically it's possible (and it would work now - take the ID of the channel and replace th UC in front with UU), because the upload is also a playlist Wink but keep in mind you will have to load the complete playlist of uploads...I tested it yesterday and in one example of 350 uploaded videos I have to make (350 / 50 = 7) requests to collect the videos (max. of 50 per page are allowed), after that I have to make for each video additional calls to gather further informations of the video (again 350 / 50 = 7).

Now take for an example this channel...this is the playlist which represents the uploads:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

1643 Videos * 2 / 50 = 66 requests. We could work with a limit...but the worst case will spend (based on your ISP connection and the server of youtube) some time to gather the playlist to play...but it's possible. If KODI would provide something like lazy loading or segmentation for the current playlist a callback could trigger the additional calls in the addon...but this is only in my dreams of optimizations Smile

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - TheGame1986 - 2015-04-08

(2015-04-08, 10:25)bromix Wrote:
(2015-04-08, 01:34)RayW1986 Wrote: Hey Bromix, I'm just curious, is there a way to do something like the following, but for it to shuffle and play the videos uploaded by a channel/user instead of those in a playlist?

Code:

Thanks.

Technically it's possible (and it would work now - take the ID of the channel and replace th UC in front with UU), because the upload is also a playlist Wink but keep in mind you will have to load the complete playlist of uploads...I tested it yesterday and in one example of 350 uploaded videos I have to make (350 / 50 = 7) requests to collect the videos (max. of 50 per page are allowed), after that I have to make for each video additional calls to gather further informations of the video (again 350 / 50 = 7).

Now take for an example this channel...this is the playlist which represents the uploads:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU84X0epDRFdTrybxEX8ZWkA

1643 Videos * 2 / 50 = 66 requests. We could work with a limit...but the worst case will spend (based on your ISP connection and the server of youtube) some time to gather the playlist to play...but it's possible. If KODI would provide something like lazy loading or segmentation for the current playlist a callback could trigger the additional calls in the addon...but this is only in my dreams of optimizations Smile

Thank you Bromix, that worked a charm. I am working on a couple of YouTube based plugins (basically indexes of certain subjects), I hope you don't mind that the streams call your plugin to play. Smile

Thank's a lot.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - snarc - 2015-04-09

people writing code to put it ...i dont know where....people controling playlists from yatse ok i get that a little , but wow

I am simply looking for the add on to play a playlist i create in my youtube account in sequence or random, just play more than one at a shot and have the next one start up by itself. id like to do this either to a local downloaded location or to youtube,

can someone tell me how to do this?

i have researched and read, smart playlists and all that, no clue on what im doing there either with the conditional statements, i have no clue how to write code and put it into the firestick . the worst part is i am a computer and network tech. god i feel dumb

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - nikstra - 2015-04-10

I can no longer get .strm files to work with YT. It worked in XBMC 13/YT 4.x but I haven't used .strm files in a while. Is it a problem with Kodi, the addon or has support for this been intentionally removed?

I'm running 5.1.0~beta8.

Re: RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - nickr - 2015-04-10

(2015-04-10, 00:14)nikstra Wrote: I can no longer get .strm files to work with YT. It worked in XBMC 13/YT 4.x but I haven't used .strm files in a while. Is it a problem with Kodi, the addon or has support for this been intentionally removed?

I'm running 5.1.0~beta8.

debug log?

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - J876 - 2015-04-10

To: Bromix

I am having a problem with the 5.1.0~Beta 8 version of your addon that has never come up before.

Every time I try to search for a new video YouTube returns this:

Daily Limit Exceeded I was using it yesterday 09/04/2015 and it worked fine now it doesn't.

I have installed this addon from your Kodi repository.

Here are the Kodi debug logs:

kodi.log

http://xbmclogs.com/pstcxehfe

kodi.old.log

http://xbmclogs.com/pe2oqxeyf

Thanks for your help in advance and thank you for a great addon.