Kodi Community Forum
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST) (/showthread.php?tid=200735)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - mnc2fan - 2015-04-10

I literally just started having the Daily Limit Exceeded warning as well. I've never seen it before. I'm on version 5.0.9.

(2015-04-10, 07:37)J876 Wrote: To: Bromix

I am having a problem with the 5.1.0~Beta 8 version of your addon that has never come up before.

Every time I try to search for a new video YouTube returns this:

Daily Limit Exceeded I was using it yesterday 09/04/2015 and it worked fine now it doesn't.

I have installed this addon from your Kodi repository.

Here are the Kodi debug logs:

kodi.log

http://xbmclogs.com/pstcxehfe

kodi.old.log

http://xbmclogs.com/pe2oqxeyf

Thanks for your help in advance and thank you for a great addon.

I did some quick research and it seems like the plugin is making too many API calls and the youtube server is stopping the plugin.

This plugin was working perfectly fine about 3 hours ago. No I can't search, view liked videos, view playlist or anything else. Then it'll work for a video or two then start hitting me with the Daily Limits Exceeded.

Logging out then back in does nothing. I wonder if youtube just changed something that caused this?

The error says Daily Limit Exceeded, Quota Exceeded, or Quota Reached.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - bromix - 2015-04-10

Daily Limit Exceeded I was using it yesterday 09/04/2015 and it worked fine now it doesn't.

(2015-04-10, 07:57)mnc2fan Wrote: I literally just started having the Daily Limit Exceeded warning as well. I've never seen it before. I'm on version 5.0.9.
I did some quick research and it seems like the plugin is making too many API calls and the youtube server is stopping the plugin.

This plugin was working perfectly fine about 3 hours ago. No I can't search, view liked videos, view playlist or anything else. Then it'll work for a video or two then start hitting me with the Daily Limits Exceeded.

Logging out then back in does nothing. I wonder if youtube just changed something that caused this?

You're both right...that's new. I know what the Quota is...and it's not easy to keep the quota down with APIv3...because Google wants to make money with it...and extra quota will cost (worst case me). Because it wouldn't be the first time (remember the Watch History wasn't working) and to take in account that I use parts of Google TV I'm wondering why there is a quota at all - so I will wait, because Google is doing a lot of stuff lately with YouTube (deadline may 2015)

Here is a nice quote...I subscribed to a lot of issues regarding the APIv3 for YouTube...some are 2 years old...so maybe someone gets the picture what I'm dealing with ^^ and keep in mind, I already use some caching of my own...and it seems that it isn't enough.

https://code.google.com/p/gdata-issues/issues/detail?id=3946

Quote:Such anger...while I agree, yelling and screaming is counter productive.

My new v3 implementation of the single call from v2 now makes over 3K "quota" calls to get updates for 15 subscriptions. Over 2 days of testing, I have made 46K calls and the data retreived is not what "newsubscriptionvideos" did.

Learning curve is high and I enjoy a challenge, but v3 appears to be a revenue generator and not a feature rich service (as v2 was). I can easily see my app blowing the quota cap, and I'm the only one using it.

Disappointed.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - theGathering - 2015-04-10

Don't know what happened but I can't play a single video now.
Here's my log: link

(2015-04-10, 18:28)theGathering Wrote: Don't know what happened but I can't play a single video now.
Here's my log: link
This isn't my Addon. You're using the old version from before (Gotham)

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - J876 - 2015-04-11

(2015-04-10, 09:42)bromix Wrote:

(2015-04-10, 07:57)mnc2fan Wrote: I literally just started having the Daily Limit Exceeded warning as well. I've never seen it before. I'm on version 5.0.9.

You're both right...that's new. I know what the Quota is...and it's not easy to keep the quota down with APIv3...because Google wants to make money with it...and extra quota will cost (worst case me). Because it wouldn't be the first time (remember the Watch History wasn't working) and to take in account that I use parts of Google TV I'm wondering why there is a quota at all - so I will wait, because Google is doing a lot of stuff lately with YouTube (deadline may 2015)

Google has a habit of fixing things that aren't broken, even their APIs. I have had a look at the same forums other users and developers have been posting on this API quota issue. Google must have been fiddling with it again and broke it.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - DJ_Izumi - 2015-04-11

Quote Exceeded here too, and it seems it also prevents my YouTube client from pulling thumbnails or descriptions. 'Watch Later' has also vanished from my list of options too and no, it hasn't been disabled by the user...

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - nevmnd - 2015-04-11

Great addon!
But I'd like to ask... Is there subtitle support?

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - JasonPell - 2015-04-11

plugin fails on 14.2 new install with custom skin. is this known issue

16:05:47 T:139796546578176 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.0.9) on Helix (14.2) with Python 2.7.6
16:05:47 T:139796546578176 NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] ViewManager: Unknown skin id 'skin.ccm.helix'
16:05:54 T:139796546578176 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: 'items'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 32, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 23, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 113, in navigate
self._process_wizard(context)
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 100, in _process_wizard
wizard_step[0](*wizard_step[1])
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_setup_wizard.py", line 48, in process
_process_language(provider, context)
File "/home/jason/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/yt_setup_wizard.py", line 13, in _process_language
items = json_data['items']
KeyError: 'items'
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:05:55 T:139798072068032 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - dr88dr88 - 2015-04-11

I get quote exceeded on the subscribed channels that I watch allot. Channel that I don't want allot are working fine. This is strange to me because I thought Google was not collecting historical data because video's that I watch in Kodi do not show up under my history folder.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - smallclone - 2015-04-11

Quote exceeded here too. Can't play a single video.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - sualfred - 2015-04-11

Got the same issue.

Just delete the addon data and reconfigure the addon again

Windows user path -> C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.youtube

Btw @bromix:
Don't know if it's already a known issue, but the viewtype override is ignored as soon a playback is finished and Kodi is switching back to the Episode view.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - gott_sei_dank - 2015-04-11

(2015-04-11, 07:15)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Quote Exceeded here too, and it seems it also prevents my YouTube client from pulling thumbnails or descriptions. 'Watch Later' has also vanished from my list of options too and no, it hasn't been disabled by the user...

History vanished for me as well, everything is back now. Was it a temporary thing or will it recur, that's the great mystery of Youtube.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - DJ_Izumi - 2015-04-11

(2015-04-11, 10:52)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 07:15)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Quote Exceeded here too, and it seems it also prevents my YouTube client from pulling thumbnails or descriptions. 'Watch Later' has also vanished from my list of options too and no, it hasn't been disabled by the user...

History vanished for me as well, everything is back now. Was it a temporary thing or will it recur, that's the great mystery of Youtube.

Yeah, it was back to normal when I woke up this morning too. Hrm.

RE: YouTube v5.X.X - KODI 14.X Helix - mnc2fan - 2015-04-11

I can also report that it's working fine now. Maybe they fixed whatever they broke.