Kodi Community Forum
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Printable Version

Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
--- Thread: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas (/showthread.php?tid=201272)

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - jjd-uk - 2014-08-08

(2014-08-08, 08:44)ximon Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 04:39)usheriko Wrote: Image

This is very nice!
I was thinking of something similar for your animated design using colour to stop KOK being read, my thought was white & blue (as orange is too Plex for me). So perhaps K is white, O is blue, D is white, I is blue, so animation starts blue circle surrounded by white arrows then blue and white lines fade in, they spin then when they come to rest white line forms part of K and blue line forms the I.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - tripkip - 2014-08-08

(2014-08-07, 00:25)AssafM Wrote: Image

Looks good. I personally think it would be better if the 'odi' part was in another font (not with the gaps).

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Prizm4 - 2014-08-08

My favourites are below. If it takes more than 5 milliseconds for people to read the name, then you're doing it wrong. Don't get clever molding all the letters together, brand confusion is a very bad idea. Play/rwd/ffwd icons are a bit old hat as well, unless it's very minimal.

(2014-08-04, 09:11)aphaits Wrote: Image

(2014-08-04, 18:47)RefleX-mrl Wrote: I like it minimalistic. Ideas here:

Btw.. Hi there! First Post Tongue

(2014-08-04, 22:07)blazer380 Wrote: Here is my idea:

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - tripkip - 2014-08-08

We need a voting system a.s.a.p.

Maybe a subforum where every designer can post a topic with it's design and a poll do you like "yes/no" (only yes will be count for all submissions).

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - joro_abv - 2014-08-08

Well ... maybe better - forbid comments, let only logo submissions and set a deadline. After deadline - the team reviews all, sorts out something like top 10 and then we vote out of them.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - da-anda - 2014-08-08

yes, no need to vote for any logo yet. Also quoting the same submissions over and over doesn't help this thread Wink

(2014-08-08, 09:11)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 08:44)ximon Wrote:

This is very nice!
I was thinking of something similar for your animated design using colour to stop KOK being read, my thought was white & blue (as orange is too Plex for me). So perhaps K is white, O is blue, D is white, I is blue, so animation starts blue circle surrounded by white arrows then blue and white lines fade in, they spin then when they come to rest white line forms part of K and blue line forms the I.

Using my crappy skills, do these seem to have any less KOK

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Dalton63841 - 2014-08-08

No matter what you do with the colors, it still says KOK. I think the remote control symbols, at least shaped in this fashion, are going to be problematic in this way.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - mikebzh44 - 2014-08-08

And like that, you still read KOK ?

How moving the version dot similar to what usheriko has done but keeping a tall i so it's symmetrical to the K

Clutching at straws as I really like ximon's original design.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - RockerC - 2014-08-08

That looks too much like Plex logos http://www.plexapp.com

The problem is the orange rather than the actual design in my view, change the colour to something else and I think it'll be alright.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - RockerC - 2014-08-08

I think the problem is the "arrow" used for play-sign ins6tead of the letter D, because that is what the Plex logo uses in their letter X

Plex accentuate that "arrow" as the main part of their logotype and they even use it in standalone logo versions for Plex

(2014-08-07, 12:42)Zeros Wrote: Image

I like these ones too, the spinning diamond/square controller thingy for the O could also be used as a busy icon within the default skin.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - dluv28u - 2014-08-08

like to post some logos ideal but can't find place to do so

This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.