Kodi Community Forum
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas (/showthread.php?tid=201272)

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Kib - 2014-08-10

The studio could easily make a monochrome version which would look something l;ike this:

probably with a little bit more rounded bottom, this was a hackjob in paint Smile

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - usheriko - 2014-08-10

Yep Thats no problem at all.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - schaefner - 2014-08-10

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - phoenix79 - 2014-08-10

Can somebody create an animation for me using the animation below with some pointers?

I have read through all the posts and while there are some really good ones that I like; the best logo also has the biggest flaw. It reads KOK

What needs to happen is the D needs to be more pronounced. It has been shown a few times, but the D needs to be only one colour, but the D must be a different colour to the O & I next to it. I was thinking if a line was to appear to fill in the D then it should either fade into being or split from one of the circling lines to create the D

If it has a triangle inside it must be the same colour as the rest of the D to distinguish the text. After the lines rotate around it the Triangle can just fade into being as the lines are about to stop.

I also love having the I lower case as it distinguishes the text a lot more.I also like the idea of the version number being in the I yet I dont know how feasible that would be

The last part showing a swirl. I am unsure if the animation would work with that, but it's a nice touch. Maybe created by the rotating sections. Might look good animated.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - da-anda - 2014-08-10

(2014-08-10, 19:16)Kib Wrote: The studio could easily make a monochrome version which would look something l;ike this:

probably with a little bit more rounded bottom, this was a hackjob in paint Smile
(2014-08-10, 19:34)usheriko Wrote: Yep Thats no problem at all.
yes, something like that, but I don't like how the D is attached to the O. The shapes are not clearly readable like with the gradients. So you would have to add cuts all around the O to separate the D, and that was my main concern if this would still look nice and not change the visual identity

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - MrPerfection - 2014-08-10

been using XBMC for years, time to give something back... my attempt at a logo design. clean and simpleBig Grin
watch gallery

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - samfisher - 2014-08-10

Here's my version, both normal and monochrome. And a few variations.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - suniloffline - 2014-08-10

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - schaefner - 2014-08-10

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - AssafM - 2014-08-10

(2014-08-10, 20:47)samfisher Wrote: Here's my version, both normal and monochrome. And a few variations.

I like the first blue design

(2014-08-09, 23:55)usheriko Wrote: Another one Big Grin

Very nice Smile

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - un1versal - 2014-08-10

This is a rought idea what i would like to see from this idea.

So the O and th D become something like what you have now but a union like Image

like ROUGHT pant job missing blends Image

I think marrying those concepts + the blend states you offering it would be very interesting to see. it done please see what you can muster, I,de be gald to see it.

Re: RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Basje - 2014-08-11

(2014-08-10, 19:36)schaefner Wrote: Image

Like the bottom one.

Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Memphiz - 2014-08-11

As it was already mentioned - please don't use the notion KODi - we will get sued by a german cheap ass discounter because they use the small i in their logo ... (just kidding - but keep it Kodi or KODI)

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Tinwarble - 2014-08-11

Re: RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Kib - 2014-08-11

(2014-08-10, 19:36)schaefner Wrote: Image

Nice!