Kodi Community Forum
Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas (/showthread.php?tid=201272)

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Rickbcnu - 2014-09-01

Ok So how do I insert an image created on my computer?
I am being asked for a url instead of an upload?

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - ponke008 - 2014-09-01

Here's my attempt:

I had the same idea about using tapedeck controls Smile. I did end up moving towards a more legible logo while keeping the controls recognisable. Also, there's a certain logic to the stroke-width and spacing to help the balance.

Cheers,

Peter Hermans

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - samfisher - 2014-09-01

Thanks! Smile

@cyrils: I tried something just now, but it doesn't look good, especially when the icon is small.

@blazer380 & uNiversal: Yeah I must say I'm (finally) pretty satisfied with this one, more than any other one I did. Also nobody can say anything about that "i" as it's both upper and lowercase. Big Grin

@Prof Yaffle: Good point, I would like the devs to tell us, as this is like the first thing a client is asked for when making a logo. But I can tell u what my last logo (the green one) means:
1. It's a multimedia software: the O (rotation) means process, inside the O is the K that is both a media symbol and the Initial letter of the software. The logo also looks a bit like a tv and an eye.
2. It's based on a simple 4 way directions: the O is made in a way that you can see the 4 directions (I choose Not to use 4 different colors, but it's a possibility).
3. It's flexible (both for basic and pro users): the O looks also like a rubber band, this means that the software adapts to anyone and offers a lot of customization possibilities.
4. It's a very "durable" software (it has been around for a long time): the green color is the color of nature and it also means "durable". And it's also a reminder to the xbox.
5. It's simple and can play anything: the K is white, the union of all colors (it can play all kinds of media and all formats). White also suggests simplicity in high-tech products.

And that's it. Smile

Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Memphiz - 2014-09-01

yep - what he said

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Prof Yaffle - 2014-09-01

(2014-09-01, 20:49)Memphiz Wrote: yep - what he said

Cop out ;-)

@samfisher - thanks for that - okay, so we have these as basic 'brand values':

flexible - adaptable, easy to complex, novice to expert, plays anything and everything, one-stop-shop
durable - in for the long haul, been around and will stay around, multi-platform so will adapt as platforms change
accessible, advanced technology - malus domestica white Smile

In terms of 'functional themes', we then have the multimedia angle as the core - very much focusing on the fundamental requirement to play videos and music, so we major on play/fast forward type designs, or the four remote control/Teletext colours, that sort of thing.

Everyone happy with that, or anyone have anything else to add?

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - meimeiriver - 2014-09-01

(2014-08-30, 08:53)samfisher Wrote: Kodi: The missing piece of your entertainment system. Or something like that! Big Grin

More like "Kodi: the center of your entertainment!"

I really like that image!

+1 from me.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Tinwarble - 2014-09-02

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - kraades - 2014-09-02

Nice. I associate the logo with a (television) screen of some sort which is a good thing.

(2014-08-31, 21:53)samfisher Wrote: Image

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Smobbo - 2014-09-02

How long is this thread gonna run?
I have the feeling that there are allready quite a lot of good options available Wink !

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Memphiz - 2014-09-02

We are discussing it internally and then we will let you know how to go forward. Until then - let it out Smile

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - schumi2004 - 2014-09-02

(2014-09-02, 11:19)Smobbo Wrote: How long is this thread gonna run?
I have the feeling that there are allready quite a lot of good options available Wink !

I have the feeling the quality and designs are only getting better and better the longer the thread exists Wink

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - natethomas - 2014-09-02

(2014-09-02, 12:52)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-09-02, 11:19)Smobbo Wrote: How long is this thread gonna run?

I have the feeling the quality and designs are only getting better and better the longer the thread exists Wink

Seriously. These things are amazing lately.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Rickbcnu - 2014-09-02

Could anyone tell me how to insert an image? I keep getting a box that asks for a UR?
Thanks

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - farshadkabiri - 2014-09-02

^ The logo, white background.

^Impression of random splash-screens.

RE: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas - Prof Yaffle - 2014-09-02

(2014-09-02, 14:17)Rickbcnu Wrote: Could anyone tell me how to insert an image? I keep getting a box that asks for a UR?
Thanks

That's how you do it - look at the images in this thread, they're hosted on imgur.com or similar. Upload the image there, link to it here.