Kodi Community Forum
Release Fuse - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Other Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=272)
+---- Thread: Release Fuse (/showthread.php?tid=201764)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: [Concept] Fuse - joeblack2k - 2014-08-18

(2014-08-17, 00:19)butchabay Wrote: Some Dark Combinations:

Love that one!! really really hot!

RE: [Concept] Fuse - jurialmunkey - 2014-08-18

(2014-08-17, 13:50)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Image

hmm, do you think you would be able to reproduce the subtle but aww so gorgeous perspective and light effects on posters Arcanthur made for Celestium? I find this technically superb
Whilst I think this looks really nice (both mockup and celestium), imho its entirely wrong for this skin. The home screen has a flat look that only uses fake 3d effects like shadows to hint at the z-order of layers and shift focus (i.e. fanart is behind the home screen which has the focus). To suddenly go to a design that has reflections and light sources and 3d type effects is an entirely different and unmatching design paradigm. Celestium looks good because it uses these 3d and lighting etc. consistently through out the skin.

Imo, what works so far for Fuse is the simplicity of it. What distinguishes it from other skins is its focus on information rather than visuals. The flatness really helps with this approach - its not trying to mimic the real world, it isn't trying to say these are virutal dvds on a virtual shelf. Instead it is saying these are media files with metadata: these files you haven't watched, these files you recently added etc. As people become more comfortable with computers, there is less need for metaphors and analogies that link them to real world objects (for instance, the "desktop" metaphor).

Also keeping it relatively flat and simple means much less cpu drain - this is important considering xbmc/kodi is becoming much more orientated towards low powered devices like r-pi, fire tv, apple tv box and various android sticks.

Re: RE: [Concept] Fuse - sup3rlativ3 - 2014-08-18

(2014-08-18, 01:48)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-08-17, 13:50)N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote: Image

hmm, do you think you would be able to reproduce the subtle but aww so gorgeous perspective and light effects on posters Arcanthur made for Celestium? I find this technically superb
Whilst I think this looks really nice (both mockup and celestium), imho its entirely wrong for this skin. The home screen has a flat look that only uses fake 3d effects like shadows to hint at the z-order of layers and shift focus (i.e. fanart is behind the home screen which has the focus). To suddenly go to a design that has reflections and light sources and 3d type effects is an entirely different and unmatching design paradigm. Celestium looks good because it uses these 3d and lighting etc. consistently through out the skin.

Imo, what works so far for Fuse is the simplicity of it. What distinguishes it from other skins is its focus on information rather than visuals. The flatness really helps with this approach - its not trying to mimic the real world, it isn't trying to say these are virutal dvds on a virtual shelf. Instead it is saying these are media files with metadata: these files you haven't watched, these files you recently added etc. As people become more comfortable with computers, there is less need for metaphors and analogies that link them to real world objects (for instance, the "desktop" metaphor).

Also keeping it relatively flat and simple means much less cpu drain - this is important considering xbmc/kodi is becoming much more orientated towards low powered devices like r-pi, fire tv, apple tv box and various android sticks.
I think you've perfectly described this. There isn't a need for anything flashy in a flat design as information is the key not gloss.

RE: [Concept] Fuse - butchabay - 2014-08-18

Agree, i like the mockups very much and all arcanthur is doing Smile but they have to be modified to keep this concept flat and that's really my intention.

Worked on Videos Section ( i know nothing spectacular Smile but it allows you to pin your family videos for example. It's the row My Videos, you'll be able to pin 10 Video Paths.

RE: [Concept] Fuse - sup3rlativ3 - 2014-08-18

Are you planning on doing much for pvr?

RE: [Concept] Fuse - da-anda - 2014-08-18

I have to say that the readability of the grey font on the dark themes is pretty bad - probably brighten those up a bit

RE: [Concept] Fuse - butchabay - 2014-08-18

(2014-08-18, 12:18)sup3rlativ3 Wrote: Are you planning on doing much for pvr?

Yes, hope so ...

(2014-08-18, 12:24)da-anda Wrote: I have to say that the readability of the grey font on the dark themes is pretty bad - probably brighten those up a bit

You're absolutely right, better? Smile

RE: [Concept] Fuse - sup3rlativ3 - 2014-08-18

Fantastic. It's something that's lacking in a lot of skins. Thank you for all your work.

RE: [Concept] Fuse - da-anda - 2014-08-18

(2014-08-18, 13:36)butchabay Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 12:24)da-anda Wrote: I have to say that the readability of the grey font on the dark themes is pretty bad - probably brighten those up a bit
You're absolutely right, better? Smile

purrrrrrfect Smile Like this colour combination btw

RE: [Concept] Fuse - carmenm - 2014-08-18

That last screenshot is amazing!

Re : RE: [Concept] Fuse - Jayz2K - 2014-08-18

(2014-08-15, 01:11)butchabay Wrote: Not at all, if you wish to post a mockup, please ... i'm open for new ideas Smile

Worked again on it, darked the fanart and put all the infos in the pop up window.

Well I'm actually gone for holydays Big Grin ... But trying to follow this thread with all conectivity limitations lol. No more tools here to build something to show. However, Just an idea I had and I throw is ...

Your main home layout is great with the 4 columns bottom splitted. Why not using the same 4 column layout when you click a film or video or wathever to replace the content as follow ... For example : first column the cover picture, second column a quick menu like play, resume, download fanart, etc, third column a text summary, fourth, hmmm dunno, why not actors wiew (plugin ?) ... Smile

RE: [Concept] Fuse - butchabay - 2014-08-19

Some more combinations:

RE: [Concept] Fuse - Livin - 2014-08-19

butchabay,
This might be my favorite concept you've done. I have a few questions/thoughts...

a. how will this work with List views? Many of us (yes, me) use list views since we have WAY too many videos, music, etc to use images to scroll/browse through. Just cannot fit enough on a single screen.
b. if you do this, please make the menu items (markers included) and each screen section colors user definable. I could see it would be nice to make each menu item a different color an have the identifier bar that same color. This would make a nice visual cue to which item you've selected without needing to read the text. It would also allow each person to use the colors (backgrounds and text) that is easiest for them to read, based on their pref... each person and display screen shows/sees colors/contrasts differently.

RE: [Concept] Fuse - hsus - 2014-08-19

I'm gonna have to buy a white TV set for this.

This should seriously be the new stock theme for Kodi. This is without a doubt the best look of any media centre I've seen, absolutely beautiful! Being customisable and lightweight only cements its position in my book.

Great work.

(If anything to critique, I'm not a fan of the drop shadows, hopefully optional? I don't really see a need to imply the z-order. And in the latest colour combos the shadows haven't been changed to match the colours, but I guess that's just a bug)

RE: [Concept] Fuse - tree_and_kite - 2014-08-19

(2014-08-19, 00:18)butchabay Wrote: Image

Love this one