Kodi Community Forum
Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? (/showthread.php?tid=202924)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - shomari - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 17:46)jacko5 Wrote: Mo123.
I have a Ugoos UT3 with 16/09/2014 firmware do you know if i can get updated firmware for my UT3 ?
I have looked on Ugoos website but nothing new, i have also check in the firmware update setting of the UT3 for new firmware.
Thanks.

As I posted here previously, you can diff the files and see the Ugoos UT3 and Nagrace firmwares are literally identical. It's not just the boards that are the same.

The latest UT3/Nagrace firmware is dated 10/13. if you haven't seen it, just wait. I do politely disagree with another poster that ugoos firmwares are the most updated - they're not. I won't get into specifics here as it would stray off topic. Your outdated firmware is not giving you the best multimedia experience, a month's time is a long gap at the current pace of RK3288 refinement. For now, grab the Nagrace firmwares. Only the build prop is different, perhaps now the kernel as well. (kernel was also the same in previous versions) no matter, you will have full compatibility.

if you look back, Nagrace was one of the companies that flat out lied to its own 'beta test group' and hid the existence of its own modded firmware and xbmc fork from its own customers, even after I posted all the details in their 'support' thread. Two weeks later, they gave in, with no sources of course.

Some factories have begun updating devices using OTA patches, that's good as it will eliminate a huge bottleneck in the RK update delivery process - if it endures.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - mo123 - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 17:37)alimickwhit Wrote: What device do you have?
Does it have 8GB or 16GB ROM?
AP6335 wifi / or AP6330?
If it's not AP6335 wifi, my kernel improvements won't work, but you can still try to flash only system.img
Will send you a PM with my firmware to test.

Don't want to post firmware in public, otherwise lots of people will brick their devices trying new things.

Measy B4s, 8gb ,square PCB. many thanks will test. Feel free to PM
[/quote]

(2014-10-15, 17:46)jacko5 Wrote: Mo123.
I have a Ugoos UT3 with 16/09/2014 firmware do you know if i can get updated firmware for my UT3 ?
I have looked on Ugoos website but nothing new, i have also check in the firmware update setting of the UT3 for new firmware.
Thanks.

Sent you guys the firmware.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - jacko5 - 2014-10-15

shomari
mo123.
Many thanks for your replies.
When i got my Ugoos UT3 i tried the Nagrace firmware, it flashed fine but the remote control did not work.

mo123,
The firmware you sent me via PM, what box is it from ?? Nagrace, Ugoos ??

Once again many thanks to both of you for your help.

Edit,
Mo123 i read your PM, the link for XBMC is not correct but i think i already have it if the name of the file ends in 14a ??
I just need to see if the firmware works with the Ugos UT3 remote control.
Many thanks.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - mo123 - 2014-10-15

(2014-10-15, 20:17)jacko5 Wrote: shomari
mo123.
Many thanks for your replies.
When i got my Ugoos UT3 i tried the Nagrace firmware, it flashed fine but the remote control did not work.

mo123,
The firmware you sent me via PM, what box is it from ?? Nagrace, Ugoos ??

Edit,
I just need to see if the firmware works with the Ugos UT3 remote control.
Many thanks.

Will work with Nagrace/Ugoos box.
For the remote issue, I can make you a kernel, read my PM.
For ROM/firmware discussions it's better to discuss on freaktab forum and here for RK3288 devices and XBMC performance to stay on topic.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - shomari - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-15, 22:10)mo123 Wrote: For ROM/firmware discussions it's better to discuss on freaktab forum and here for RK3288 devices and XBMC performance to stay on topic.

Hey Mo .... is it true you really can't play H264 files using hardware decoding in RK3288 w/ mainline XBMC?

I can't reproduce this issue, can you point me to the file you've seen this occur with? Every file I've tried w/ official Kodi/XBMC releases since reading about this issue plays fine with mediacodec.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - mo123 - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-16, 02:39)shomari Wrote:
(2014-10-15, 22:10)mo123 Wrote: For ROM/firmware discussions it's better to discuss on freaktab forum and here for RK3288 devices and XBMC performance to stay on topic.

Hey Mo .... is it true you really can't play H264 files using hardware decoding in RK3288 w/ mainline XBMC?

I can't reproduce this issue, can you point me to the file you've seen this occur with? Every file I've tried w/ official Kodi/XBMC releases since reading about this issue plays fine with mediacodec.

I haven't tried the latest Kodi XBMC builds with Mediacodec, will give it a go. Only tested Libstagefright and got dropped frames.
If Mediacodec works fine on the latest Kodi, then maybe everyone can skip the Rockchip builds since it's not needed any-more.
Maybe the new GPU,VPU that Rockchip got from ARM is more compatible with Android Mediacodec since it's newer hardware and use 3.10 Linux kernel.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - User 231261 - 2014-10-16

Android 5 Lollipop audio will support up to 8 channel

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/android-5-lollipop-new-changes,27893.html

Rockchip claims RK3288 does support Android 5 Lollipop

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - alimickwhit - 2014-10-16

Hi Shomari, need to contact re update you sent, but you don't have pm, installs rom, black screen after recovery, left for 15 mins no change, reflashed a couple of times.

Off thread apologies

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - shomari - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-16, 09:37)alimickwhit Wrote:

Hi Shomari, need to contact re update you sent, but you don't have pm, installs rom, black screen after recovery, left for 15 mins no change, reflashed a couple of times.

Off thread apologies

...my fault. I'll resend the individual files.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - alimickwhit - 2014-10-16

(2014-10-16, 15:10)shomari Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 09:37)alimickwhit Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 02:39)shomari Wrote: Hey Mo .... is it true you really can't play H264 files using hardware decoding in RK3288 w/ mainline XBMC?

Off thread apologies

...my fault. I'll resend the individual files.

Much appreciated Smile

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - Roby77 - 2014-10-16

i still don't read anywhere about android lollipop and autoframerate

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - User 231261 - 2014-10-17

I can't also, but if they want to do mediaplayers like NexusTV and androidTV with android lollipop and then ignore the European market with displays and content that have different fps and refresh rates than the USA, it would be one of the dumbest things to do for a company like google..
60Hz only was fine when all went out to the local mobile/tablet LCD..... but now they must deal with variable screens and I can't believe they would ignore that.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - Tinwarble - 2014-10-17

(2014-10-16, 21:31)Roby77 Wrote: i still don't read anywhere about android lollipop and autoframerate

You're kind of talking about 2 different things though. Android 5.0 "Lollipop" is what will be running on phones and tablets, then you'll have Android TV (the OS not a device, which is based on Android 5.0).

Android TV is designed to run on STBs, TV's, BD players, etc.and I believe that auto framerate was discussed at Google I/0.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - mo123 - 2014-10-18

Just tested the latest nightly Kodi and 4K video also play great with Mediacodec on RK3288 devices.
Only 1080p with HEVC codec played with ffmpeg(dropped frames) instead of Mediacodec as in Rockchip's Kodi version.
Probably because the Rockchip version has this Mediacodec commit that hasn't been merged into mainline Kodi yet. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5374
Koying is also getting a RK3288 device next week, so hopefully that above commit will then get improved and merged into mainline XBMC.
It also seems third-party addons are all broken in the latest nightly.

With Kodi, audio and video is slightly out of sync.
I changed the audio offset to about 0.375 ahead, if anyone knows what the precise correct offset should be, please post it.

RE: Rockchip RK3288 SoC based Android media players and XBMC experience? - alimickwhit - 2014-10-20

Hi

Got an issue with TVHeadend support.

When starting UK HD channels via TVheadend on the Measy B4s - cloudnetgo rom from 29/9/2014 via XBMC (various tested upto Alpha 4) I get a green screen or black screen on startup.

Playback is fine via TVHguide and MX player so this suggests the hardware acceleration is causing an issue. I do remember from a couple of years back that this issue occurred on the Pi with earlier versions of XBMC. Not sure if code has changed but I seem to remember an issue with iframes at the start of the stream causing the issue (rather than full frames) but can't remember the specifics.

Tested XBMC Alpha 4 with T-R42 RK3188 and most up to date XBMC via openelec on the Pi. No issue at all (Pi is by far the most stable).

I have been running tvheadend for years and was surprised to see this issue return (but only on the RK3288) will test without hardware acceleration enabled and post results. If you need logs let me know.

(2014-10-18, 06:12)mo123 Wrote: Just tested the latest nightly Kodi and 4K video also play great with Mediacodec on RK3288 devices.
Only 1080p with HEVC codec played with ffmpeg(dropped frames) instead of Mediacodec as in Rockchip's Kodi version.
Probably because the Rockchip version has this Mediacodec commit that hasn't been merged into mainline Kodi yet. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5374
Koying is also getting a RK3288 device next week, so hopefully that above commit will then get improved and merged into mainline XBMC.
It also seems third-party addons are all broken in the latest nightly.

With Kodi, audio and video is slightly out of sync.
I changed the audio offset to about 0.375 ahead, if anyone knows what the precise correct offset should be, please post it.

Hi Mo, see post above. I tested the XBMC version you PM'ed and get exactly the same results for HD (mpeg-4) and SD (mpeg-2) just crashes XBMC back to OS.