Kodi Community Forum
Release Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Release Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17) (/showthread.php?tid=203291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - misa - 2014-12-24

I can't change to Revamp in the menu. Uploaded all the files, but in Helix that's not possible anymore

SOLVED:

1. Copy the whole skin.confluence map from /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence to .storage and rename it to exampe skin.myconfluence
2. Rename that folder from skin.confluence to e.g. skin.myconfluence, then open the addon.xml in your skin folder with an editor and edit the following lines:

Code:
id="skin.confluence"
to:
Code:
id="skin.myconfluence"

Code:
name="Confluence"
to:
Code:
name="My Confluence"

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2014-12-28

@misa

Please dont do that. Its not supported (very very bad idea), will cause you problems in future as that skin is not updated and will also be unsupported.

Follow instructions as specified works and is the only supported method.

It works IN ANY version of kodi/skin as long as its is Confluence.

Your solution is not supported and if you have problems in future I will not help.

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - misa - 2014-12-30

(2014-12-28, 02:15)uNiversal Wrote: @misa

Please dont do that. Its not supported (very very bad idea), will cause you problems in future as that skin is not updated and will also be unsupported.

Follow instructions as specified works and is the only supported method.

It works IN ANY version of kodi/skin as long as its is Confluence.

Your solution is not supported and if you have problems in future I will not help.

Ok.....I understand but still can't copy the files to Helix in the folders, so what's the best solution then?

Problem will still be there then:

I can't change to Revamp in the menu. Uploaded all the files, but in Helix that's not possible anymore

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2014-12-30

This works with any version.

What OS and device is this? Can you show me a screenshot as well?

(2014-12-30, 14:07)uNiversal Wrote: This works with any version.

What OS and device is this? Can you show me a screenshot as well?

Raspberry Pi on Helix. With winscp it's not possible to upload those files because it's not allowed in that map

what OS? You need root access unless its OE then Ive no idea how because its readonly.

(2014-12-30, 14:20)uNiversal Wrote: what OS? You need root access unless its OE then Ive no idea how because its readonly.

Openelec yes

Thats an Openelec limitation not Helix.

You need to mount the filesystem and do this , no idea about Openelec its read only root system

try reading https://sites.google.com/site/andreierdei/openelec-addons/squashfs-howto and you will need to do that each time you upgrade kodi via openelec as these changes will get lost.

Ok, then I stick with my own solution because that works and updates for Confluence are not to often

You will quickly find that is not true. You think just because you dont notice it things aren't fixed but indeed they are.

I use to provide this as skin and after two/three months I gave up as keeping it updated and pushing updates was more work than this is worth.

I also tried making a theme downloader/installer addon but the addons aren't allowed to update root/system paths.

Feel free to do it but when it breaks and it will you just have to update it yourself.

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - kaosnews - 2015-02-07

Are you going to update the Revamp theme further? Not that it is not great - it perfect... just wondering Smile

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-02-07

Yes, no timeline though, its just as and when there is time patience.

Anything you like to comment on suggest is welcome, but making no promises.... All psd fully editable layers sources also published for this, so anyone can theoretically do this much easier.

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - leo06 - 2015-02-09

(2014-12-24, 10:51)misa Wrote: I can't change to Revamp in the menu. Uploaded all the files, but in Helix that's not possible anymore

SOLVED:

1. Copy the whole skin.confluence map from /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence to .storage and rename it to exampe skin.myconfluence
2. Rename that folder from skin.confluence to e.g. skin.myconfluence, then open the addon.xml in your skin folder with an editor and edit the following lines:

Code:
id="skin.confluence"
to:
Code:
id="skin.myconfluence"

Code:
name="Confluence"
to:
Code:
name="My Confluence"

you can do it with filezilla (sftp protocol)

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-02-09

(2015-02-09, 18:08)leo06 Wrote:
(2014-12-24, 10:51)misa Wrote: I can't change to Revamp in the menu. Uploaded all the files, but in Helix that's not possible anymore

SOLVED:

Code:
id="skin.confluence"
to:
Code:
id="skin.myconfluence"

Code:
name="Confluence"
to:
Code:
name="My Confluence"

you can do it with filezilla (sftp protocol)

Not recommended. and you dont need to do this at all for any version of xbmc/kodi.

Unless you dont have write priviledges into the default system path, in this case then you can either chroot, or root devices for that. This solution you need to always keep confluence updated to match else you risk breaking the skin.

RE: Confluence Revamp theme (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-02-18

For those on nightlies 2.3.2 is out added new icon DefaultVideoDeleted.png only for some pvr stuff added.

So if you're on V14.x you can skip this but if you updated it it wont make a difference otherwise.