Kodi Community Forum
Release Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Release Confluence Revamp'ed themes for Kodi (v16 & v17) (/showthread.php?tid=203291)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-07-06

(2015-07-05, 22:30)kaosnews Wrote: Great stuff! Donated you box of cold beer Smile

Thank you so much, it shall soon be very cold and enjoyed in the shade.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - Robotica - 2015-07-30

Great work uNiversal! Would it also suit your project to add music genres?

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-07-30

Not sure if I understand. This is not a skin, its a theme only.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - Robotica - 2015-07-30

I thought themes could add/overwrite all media.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-07-30

Yes they can, what did you have in mind?

Going to music, deafult experience doesn't offer genre icons.

Does default confluence support it? Show me a screenshot of where you mean please.

Isengard, Confluence:
I navigate to music, library, genre.

There my library shows my music genres (acid, jazz, etc). Those genres miss artwork.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-07-31

Yes I see, I'm unsure if by doing folders or something else what the naming would be for them, this is very important. I'll have to look into this since there are many genres and this alone would take a great deal of time assuming its supported without skin modifications.

I found a bug though (was able to duplicate it here consistently), navigate into genres view (You see blue default folder) Now go into a genre, any genre, come back to genre view and the Blue default folder is now something else, (here it was the artists default folder). Can you test that?

Ill have a look into the genre folders but no promises.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - Robotica - 2015-08-02

Great, this week i'll have a look. In the past I downloaded an image pack I found on this forum so I think skin modifications aren't necessary. I'll try to find them again. Or maybe it was part of an old confluence mod..

Edit: I found these: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=67577

Confirmed the bug: going back into genre, Mr.Anon-icons are shown.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-08-03

Thanks,
I like the idea Smile, it would have to be something that fits with the theme and is generic enough so when I do color variations / red / orange / green (time and patience allowing) then not all of these would need redoing (I work with vectors only so imagine doing or sourcing images in vector format with compatible licensing or doing them from scratch for all these genres alone would take a great deal of time perhaps more than Im willing to put into it at this time, so if you can help even better.

Im not sure I like that style particularly on the pack you showed but for testing its OK, that is my personal preference, the format is ideal though a square tile but 1000x1000 is overkill, 256x256 would be sufficient, I'll test it out and see how they work later on.

You are welcome to use it add it to the theme and recompile the xbt for the time being,

In an ideal world this image pack could just be added as an extra and be handled alongside theme something the test will tell me.

If you would like to help it would be appreciated, right now these thinsg come to mind,

1) vector images or psd with editable layers, no rasters, for a great deal of genres the more the better
2) it needs to be either GPL, Creative commons or Public domain and I need to know who to attribute credits to, some website that offers something for download are not correct attribution, need to be the person who made them (difficult but needs doing.

Without fulfilling those criteria I cant include something at this time or base any work on such images for inclusion with theme.

The good news is now theres image pack support for core Kodi which means weather icons atm are fully supported Im not sure what types are supported but for default skin is difficult since skin needs to load them from userdata, but weather icons work now in v16.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - Robotica - 2015-08-04

Unfortunatelly my graphic skills are zero. However, I can test and try giving usefull feedback so your graphics pack can improve as the perfect Confluence addition.

btw: Some screenshots in OP are outdated. The ones with system info miss the aligned cpu, RAM compile date.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-08-04

Skills required : Scouring the internet for vector images for music genres, graphic design skills required 0 Big Grin

Feel free to upload screenshots and upload them to imgur, pass me the link and Ill update OP.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - Robotica - 2015-08-05

(2015-08-02, 13:18)Robotica Wrote: Great, this week i'll have a look. In the past I downloaded an image pack I found on this forum so I think skin modifications aren't necessary. I'll try to find them again. Or maybe it was part of an old confluence mod..

Edit: I found these: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=67577

Confirmed the bug: going back into genre, Mr.Anon-icons are shown.

I guess Confluence didn't even implement genre icons to be used. So skin modifications are needed. Sorry for the noise.

RE: Confluence Revamp(ed) themes (extended and improved) - un1versal - 2015-08-05

Maybe one day.