Kodi Community Forum
Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) (/showthread.php?tid=205547)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Smallmountains - 2019-02-23

Ok, nevermind, I figure it out....Normally all you need to do after you install the repo, is to just go to install from repo and select what you want. Well this time it required a reboot. That's a new one on me.

Anyway, it installed and working.

Ok, one question, can anyone point me to the explanation on how to do thumbs up and stuff?  Do you still have to do this in a special keymap??

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocky4546 - 2019-02-26

I have seen the fail to install and looked through the logs.  Kodi basically provides no help, so it is great that you got it working.  As for the thumbs up... Yes, their is currently no GUI to it except the special keymap, sorry.  My plan was to first get the upgrade complete to Leia before working on new functionality.  The up down is on the list.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocky4546 - 2019-02-26

I have seen the fail to install and looked through the logs.  Kodi basically provides no help, so it is great that you got it working.  As for the thumbs up... Yes, there is currently no GUI to it except the special keymap, sorry.  My plan was to first get the upgrade complete to Leia before working on new functionality.  The up down is on the list.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - jeff1724 - 2019-03-03

I have been using Pandoki for several years. Great add-on!
Looks like the option to save your tracks has been removed from Pandoki version 0.9.4a.  Was this inadvertent?

Ubuntu 16.04
Kodi 18.1

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Trespasser - 2019-03-03

Thanks, rcmccaslin, for keeping Pandoki alive and moving forward.

I do wish that Pandoki would fade to black while playing and just show activity when a new song starts like it did in Krypton.

Thanks once again for your efforts. It is appreciated. Smile.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Sei4eto - 2019-03-08

Hello! Thanks for the great addon! I finally managed to install Pandoki from the repo. The script.modul.mutagen was missing during the install process so I had to install it manually. The system where I tried to install it is Raspberry PI2/OSMC/Kodi 17.6.
What I noticed was that saving tracks works randomly. I managed to save nearly 40 songs from my stations, but suddenly Pandoki stopped recording tracks. I set up playback to "save all track" (since the start of recording) but I can only see new tracks in the cache folder but not in the download folder.
Any ideas how could I fix this issue?
Thanks!

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - scott967 - 2019-03-08

I think the "save" option ended with Pandoki 0.9.3.  Not sure how well 0.9.3 works in Kodi 18.1, but there is no dev support for it .  Currently, rcmccaslin has been working on keeping Pandoki working and has released version 0.9.4a.  This version has removed the "save track" function.

scott s.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Sei4eto - 2019-03-08

Quote: I think the "save" option ended with Pandoki 0.9.3.  Not sure how well 0.9.3 works in Kodi 18.1, but there is no dev support for it .  Currently, rcmccaslin has been working on keeping Pandoki working and has released version 0.9.4a.  This version has removed the "save track" function.
Thanks! It's good to know that! I'll try to avoid updates and stay on 0.9.3 as long as it works or 'save track" option is added again. Smile

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocky4546 - 2019-03-09

Yes, we had to remove the save feature which also removed the dependency on mutagen.  The old version was capable of running at 32K-64K bps sound quality; the new version is 128K-360K bps quality.  A requirement for me to maintain the software was to become more compliant with the Pandora license agreement.  This keeps the license police off us and allows Pandora to be available for Kodi.  That is the short of it. I left the main branch alone in case someone wants to do something with it and possibly have Pandora on their tail. It is my hope to have the addon more secure with more capabilities in the future.

A couple of other notes on forum questions.
The person that wants it to fade to black.  Yes, I noticed that on the Kodi.  My recommendation is to click Home then Back.  FYI, I fixed the addon so you can re-enter it or change the channel as you wish.  I recommend turning on auto-play as some of the glitches for that have been fixed.

Last item.  The person that does not want notice popups.  I have reduced the slow download notice from 60 seconds to 120 and will put a config item in the advanced tab to disable all notifications.  Give me a couple of weeks, things are busy right now.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - wags1 - 2019-03-12

(2019-03-09, 01:08)rcmccaslin Wrote: Yes, we had to remove the save feature which also removed the dependency on mutagen.  The old version was capable of running at 32K-64K bps sound quality; the new version is 128K-360K bps quality.  A requirement for me to maintain the software was to become more compliant with the Pandora license agreement.  This keeps the license police off us and allows Pandora to be available for Kodi.  That is the short of it. I left the main branch alone in case someone wants to do something with it and possibly have Pandora on their tail. It is my hope to have the addon more secure with more capabilities in the future.

A couple of other notes on forum questions.
The person that wants it to fade to black.  Yes, I noticed that on the Kodi.  My recommendation is to click Home then Back.  FYI, I fixed the addon so you can re-enter it or change the channel as you wish.  I recommend turning on auto-play as some of the glitches for that have been fixed.

Last item.  The person that does not want notice popups.  I have reduced the slow download notice from 60 seconds to 120 and will put a config item in the advanced tab to disable all notifications.  Give me a couple of weeks, things are busy right now.

Thank you for all of your work on this, it is very much appreciated!

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Trespasser - 2019-03-18

Hi rcmccaslin,
I found out the command to use to get the screen to fade to black when Pandoki playing. It is...

xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(12006)')

You can test it by replacing the 10500 in the def Play(self, token) function with 12006.

I presently have xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(12006)') in the def Next(self) function, right below the self.Fill() command. It does OK there, but I'm sure you would know best where to place it (should you decide  to utilize it).

As you already know, you'll have to delete the pandoki.pyo file between each test.

Just trying to help. BTW, I'm using Leia RPi3 LibreELEC (latest).

Later...

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Trespasser - 2019-04-06

Hi rcmccaslin,
I found that if you place this line of code in the def List (self) section, near the bottom, right below the self.Next(), it fades to black when the second song is added to the list. It looks something like this...

if ((len1 - pos) < 2) or ((len1 - pos + self.downloading) < (_maxdownloads + 1)):            
            self.Next()
            if ((len1 - pos) > 2) and (self.player.isPlayingAudio()): xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(12006)') # add this line

It may not be the best place, but it works pretty well.

Later...

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Sei4eto - 2019-04-19

Hello!
Since yesterday Pandoki (0.9.4a) has started working only in 'stream' mode. When I choose 'cache' mode - it shows that songs have been caching, but the download goes very slow. And eventually, Pandoki stops.
Is it possible to have some restrictions from Pandora side because in the last few days I used Pandoki quite often and for a long time?
Thank you!
I will try to provide Kodi's log file.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - wags1 - 2019-04-21

(2019-04-19, 15:45)Sei4eto Wrote: Hello!
Since yesterday Pandoki (0.9.4a) has started working only in 'stream' mode. When I choose 'cache' mode - it shows that songs have been caching, but the download goes very slow. And eventually, Pandoki stops.
Is it possible to have some restrictions from Pandora side because in the last few days I used Pandoki quite often and for a long time?
Thank you!
I will try to provide Kodi's log file.

I’m running 0.9.4a on Kodi running on two different Nvidia Shields and have not experienced that issue. Don’t know if it makes a difference but I do use a paid Pandora subscription.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Sei4eto - 2019-04-21

I made a new Pandora account and everything started to work as usual. If I change back to my old account - the same issue appears again ( cannot cache songs, only can stream them).
I will see how long the new account will work before/if the issue will appear.