Kodi Community Forum
Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: Release Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) (/showthread.php?tid=205547)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocko - 2020-06-27

(2020-06-27, 17:43)wags1 Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 17:28)rocko Wrote:
(2020-06-26, 00:58)wags1 Wrote: The issue with AS was fixed in v 2.9.0 of Aeon MQ8 so you can switch to the current version of AS now.
I have Aeon MQ 8 version 2.9 and have been using AS 2.1.5. I tried an update to AS 3.2.2 but still doesn,t work for me.

Is 3.2.2 the latest update?
Yes AS 3.2.2 is the latest. Working fine for me. Make sure you are running MQ8 for Leia and getting AS from the official Kodi Addon repo.
I deleted AS and reinstalled it from Kodi repository still no luck however I can live with 2.1.5.

I have the Radio addon installed on Matrix and it works fine with AS version for matrix. (I have 2 boxes).

I can only hope someone gets Pandoki to work on Matrix.

The other addon I am worried about for Matrix is Super Favorites, works great on Aeon MQ 8. It would be hard to do without this one.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - wags1 - 2020-06-27

(2020-06-27, 18:17)rocko Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 17:43)wags1 Wrote:
(2020-06-27, 17:28)rocko Wrote: I have Aeon MQ 8 version 2.9 and have been using AS 2.1.5. I tried an update to AS 3.2.2 but still doesn,t work for me.

Is 3.2.2 the latest update?
Yes AS 3.2.2 is the latest. Working fine for me. Make sure you are running MQ8 for Leia and getting AS from the official Kodi Addon repo.
I deleted AS and reinstalled it from Kodi repository still no luck however I can live with 2.1.5.

I have the Radio addon installed on Matrix and it works fine with AS version for matrix. (I have 2 boxes).

I can only hope someone gets Pandoki to work on Matrix.

The other addon I am worried about for Matrix is Super Favorites, works great on Aeon MQ 8. It would be hard to do without this one.

Sounds like you have an issue somewhere that you really should find and resolve. MQ8 was fixed to work with the latest version of AS.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocko - 2020-06-27

Thanks, I really don't know else to do and everything else is working fine.

I will run it by Wanilton and see if he has any ideas.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - starslayer74 - 2020-09-19

I need some assistance. I am running pandoki 9.4a and I can't find the option to save anywhere.

I also have Pandora slim version 0.4.2 but I can't get it to play any music at all, The screen just blanks for a moment. If I go into the cache folder in Pandora slim The songs are in there but for some reason they won't play.

I'm kind of confused as to why there are two versions.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocko - 2020-09-20

(2020-09-19, 07:15)starslayer74 Wrote: I need some assistance. I am running pandoki 9.4a and I can't find the option to save anywhere.

I also have Pandora slim version 0.4.2 but I can't get it to play any music at all, The screen just blanks for a moment. If I go into the cache folder in Pandora slim The songs are in there but for some reason they won't play.

I'm kind of confused as to why there are two versions.
I think the two versions are 2 different developers, neither of which are any longer active.

Pandoki is my favorite music channel and like I've said before I sure hope someone fixes this for Matrix.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - smoothifier - 2020-11-08

I have been using Kodi since it was Xbox Media Center on the first XBox. I was totally amazed that you could watch .avi files on your television, even though they were only XViD at best. Listening to Shoutcast and watching Milkdrop visuals was awesome, even though the damn Xbox would crash about every 2 hours.

I figured it was time to give back a little to the community. I use Pandoki a bit, probably not as much as everyone in this thread, but enough to want to fix it. I've done a bit of programming during the COVID-19 crisis and I took a crack at this plugin.

Frankly, I'm surprised it took so long for Kodi to switch to Python 3, but we're there now! Mostly, I had to just change a few functions to get the Python 2 code running in Python 3. I got stuck on the string encoding changes for a while (it broke the Blowfish encryption routine). That was the biggest change. The rest was just changing from old XBMC / Kodi functions to new ones. It still took me a few days -- I'm not a Pythoneer (yet!)

So this is working for me as far as changing stations / playback. I have not tried everything yet, and I'm thinking some of you will do that. Frankly, I want to take a break from this for a few days.

Below is the link. Check it out. Don't get too angry if something doesn't work. You can open an issue on GitHub if you want (probably best) or leave a note here if you have a problem.

Oh, the branch on my fork is "0.10.0" if you want to look around.  I haven't merged it to my master branch yet.

No, I don't have a repo for Kodi set up.  I need to do this as I have now fixed three addons for Kodi 19.  It's probably not that hard but I'm not there yet.

Rock on.

Pandoki v0.10.0 - Update for Kodi 19 Matrix

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - starslayer74 - 2020-11-09

(2020-11-08, 17:21)smoothifier Wrote: I have been using Kodi since it was Xbox Media Center on the first XBox. I was totally amazed that you could watch .avi files on your television, even though they were only XViD at best. Listening to Shoutcast and watching Milkdrop visuals was awesome, even though the damn Xbox would crash about every 2 hours.

I figured it was time to give back a little to the community. I use Pandoki a bit, probably not as much as everyone in this thread, but enough to want to fix it. I've done a bit of programming during the COVID-19 crisis and I took a crack at this plugin.

Frankly, I'm surprised it took so long for Kodi to switch to Python 3, but we're there now! Mostly, I had to just change a few functions to get the Python 2 code running in Python 3. I got stuck on the string encoding changes for a while (it broke the Blowfish encryption routine). That was the biggest change. The rest was just changing from old XBMC / Kodi functions to new ones. It still took me a few days -- I'm not a Pythoneer (yet!)

So this is working for me as far as changing stations / playback. I have not tried everything yet, and I'm thinking some of you will do that. Frankly, I want to take a break from this for a few days.

Below is the link. Check it out. Don't get too angry if something doesn't work. You can open an issue on GitHub if you want (probably best) or leave a note here if you have a problem.

Oh, the branch on my fork is "0.10.0" if you want to look around.  I haven't merged it to my master branch yet.

No, I don't have a repo for Kodi set up.  I need to do this as I have now fixed three addons for Kodi 19.  It's probably not that hard but I'm not there yet.

Rock on.

Thanks! I will give it a try and see how it goes.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocko - 2020-11-10

(2020-11-08, 17:21)smoothifier Wrote: I have been using Kodi since it was Xbox Media Center on the first XBox. I was totally amazed that you could watch .avi files on your television, even though they were only XViD at best. Listening to Shoutcast and watching Milkdrop visuals was awesome, even though the damn Xbox would crash about every 2 hours.

Rock on.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

This is one of my favorite addons and as it was abandoned a few years ago by the author I was afraid no one would fix it for Matrix.

You have made my day.

Thanks again

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - smoothifier - 2020-11-21

Version 0.10.1 Update
  • Proxy Fixes - seemed to be a Python 2 thing going on there.  They should work now -- I tested them on my 3proxy setup here at home.
  • SNI should not need any extra libraries to work.  Urllib3 should work with Kodi 19 on its own to verify SSL hosts without using pyopenssl et. al.
  • Main loop was optimized.  There was a strange delay loop in there that was complicated and unnecessary.  The plugin seems (slightly) more responsive as a result.
  • There were a a ton of extra parentheses in the conditional statements (if, while, etc) that made it harder (at least for me) to figure out the flow.  I think these were needed for Python 2.  I don't really speak Python 2 -- I picked up Python a couple of years ago and I started with version 3.  And that does not imply that I'm fluent in 3.

To Do:
  • There are a few areas in the code that are cryptic and would be problematic to debug.  I'd like to make that logic a bit clearer in case another developer has to pick up this code in the future.  It's not messy at all -- I'm not saying that -- I just think that it could be more readable.
  • I noticed that if the plugin is paused for a while, maybe 15 or 20 minutes, that the plugin will crash after the song buffer dies.  This isn't really a big deal but it bugs me a little bit.  Basically, what happens is that the track data that has been downloaded for the next few tracks has expired, and the plugin doesn't grab any more.  I'll get this working -- I just have to expire the tracks after a certain time limit to make room for new ones.  Adding a timestamp and doing a check in the main loop should take care of it.

So yeah, just let me know if you see something I missed.  Stay safe out there and keep the beer cold.

Pandoki v0.10.1 - Kodi 19 Matrix <-- check it out!

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - scott967 - 2020-11-23

Gave 0.10.1 a quick spin on 19 beta and it worked as expected.  I have looked at the code in the past and agree it is not easy to understand.

scott s.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocky4546 - 2020-12-02

rocky4546 here. My version of pandoki is still being worked.  Kodi devs are having me update a number of apps to matrix, so quite busy at the moment.  I will take a look at the updates and get a new release out in the next few weeks.  Do to the divergence of two apps I will probably rename the app at this point for the matrix release.  I have been waiting for the kodi full migration to python3 for a while, since many of the libraries the original author used were written in python3.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocko - 2020-12-02

What's wrong with what  we already have from smoothifier, works fine.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - wags1 - 2020-12-02

(2020-12-02, 18:55)rcmccaslin Wrote: rocky4546 here. My version of pandoki is still being worked.  Kodi devs are having me update a number of apps to matrix, so quite busy at the moment.  I will take a look at the updates and get a new release out in the next few weeks.  Do to the divergence of two apps I will probably rename the app at this point for the matrix release.  I have been waiting for the kodi full migration to python3 for a while, since many of the libraries the original author used were written in python3.

This is good to hear. This is my #1 most used add-on. I won’t be moving to Matrix for some time so glad to hear this app will be maintained. Thanks!

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocky4546 - 2020-12-02

The one from smoothifier is mine with his changes, which is awesome.  I need to review the changes and merge them into the baseline.  There are actually two version floating around.  The old version and mine.  There were issues with the old version and the author was no longer available.  To take on the app, I needed to make a few changes.  Some might not like them, so I made a different version.  Here are the highlights of the difference.  The old version is at
https://github.com/gominoa/gominoa-xbmc-addons
the new version is at
https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbmc-addons
The major changes made from the old version include:
  1. Compliant with licensing agreement
  2. Buffering fixes to keep the pandora server from disconnecting
  3. 4X higher quality audio stream from Pandora (360K with purchased license)
  4. Upgrades to the external pandora interface libraries from pithos
Anyway, that is it in a nutshell.

RE: Pandoki - Pandora Internet Radio (Update 2nd Sept 2016: v0.9.3) - rocko - 2020-12-04

(2020-12-02, 22:43)rcmccaslin Wrote: The one from smoothifier is mine with his changes, which is awesome.  I need to review the changes and merge them into the baseline.  There are actually two version floating around.  The old version and mine.  There were issues with the old version and the author was no longer available.  To take on the app, I needed to make a few changes.  Some might not like them, so I made a different version.  Here are the highlights of the difference.  The old version is at
https://github.com/gominoa/gominoa-xbmc-addons
the new version is at
https://github.com/rocky4546/gominoa-xbmc-addons
The major changes made from the old version include:
  1. Compliant with licensing agreement
  2. Buffering fixes to keep the pandora server from disconnecting
  3. 4X higher quality audio stream from Pandora (360K with purchased license)
  4. Upgrades to the external pandora interface libraries from pithos
Anyway, that is it in a nutshell.
Didn't know you guys were working together but I'm glad you are. 

This is my favorite music addon and I appreciate you guys fixing it fir Matrix.

One other music addon that would be nice for Matrix is IHeart radio, i hope it gets fixed.

Thanks