Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2012-10-06

To get random movies, you would need to edit one of the skin XMLs. Shout out if you are not scared and I will try to help. I might add them when I grab some time for coding.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-08

(2012-08-14, 15:35)computersmith Wrote: The other question I have is it possible to add Live TV to favorites so that it can be placed under another menu other that Add On?

Anyone know how to do this?

(2012-08-14, 15:35)computersmith Wrote: I just installed the PVR build of XBMC last night and started configuring Live TV. Using Confluence everything works properly, but with Quartz every time I go to view the EPG in timeline format XBMC crashes. I get a windows error report dialog box stating that an unhandled exception has occurred.

Anyone know why liveTV is crashing xbmc when using quartz and when selecting the EPG View?

I'll post a debug log tomorrow in case it's needed.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2012-10-08

Because of the bug with EPG, maybe?

Debug log is necessary, but my guess is it will not be skin related.

ok here is my debug log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=10213

xbmc crashes and windows xp gives a message like "xbmc has encountered a problem and needs to close"

info: it doesn't happen with other skins, let me know if you need anything else like a crash log or anything.

Thanks for looking mate, really appreciate it.
(2012-08-14, 15:35)computersmith Wrote: The other question I have is it possible to add Live TV to favorites so that it can be placed under another menu other that Add On?

I got this figured out last night after spending ten minutes googling this forum and beyond. You just have to edit a file.

You will have a file called favourites.xml (mine was in xbmc/userdata). Edit that file by adding the following text:

<favourite name="Freeview">ActivateWindow(PVR)</favourite>

obviously call it "Live TV" or whatever you want.

Whilst on the subject can anyone answer me another question?

How do I add a push of the right arrow to that favourite? Is that possible? I've seen somewhere that someone was putting a comma and then right for example:

,right

does that work with favourites or does it only work with keyboard shortcuts in keyboard.xml?

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - simon_rb - 2012-10-09

Hi Pecinko,

First of all what a great skin, thank you.

I am running Cinema Experience script (which you already support - great). However there is a way to remove the loading/buffering notifications while the script is running. Here's the code to be added:-

Code:
SubString(Window(10025).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True)

Not sure where or how.. Any ideas... Cheers

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563 (5th post down I think)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - krassest - 2012-10-10

Hey Pecinko. Great that random movies in the shelf would be possible somehow. But I have no glue how. Could you please tell me what skin.xml i have to edit and what exactly I have to change in there.

Greetings from Germany...

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Wallpaper_01 - 2012-10-15

This is the best skin by far! Hate the scrolling menus of Aeon etc, nice clean easy to manage look! Brilliant!

Can someone tell me what plugins this skin supports, like I see above cinema experience is supported. Any cool things you can do? I have already arranged my menus and got rid of stuff I don't use so far.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-15

(2012-10-15, 13:17)Wallpaper_01 Wrote: This is the best skin by far! Hate the scrolling menus of Aeon etc, nice clean easy to manage look! Brilliant!

Can someone tell me what plugins this skin supports, like I see above cinema experience is supported. Any cool things you can do? I have already arranged my menus and got rid of stuff I don't use so far.

the addons i use the most are below

spotify
pseudotv
youtube
vevo
imdb trailers
last.fm

this skin is my fav but its not being developed anymore so not sure how long it will last i'm afraid.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Wallpaper_01 - 2012-10-15

Wow wish it was still being developed, I have no love for all the cluttered skins out there. Usability is key, think a lot of the skins out there are far too over complicated, even when you take off features...

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-15

All hope is not lost, it just takes someone who knows what they are ding to decide to pick up the baton.

I agree regarding usability, especially when there are wifes, g/f and kids t consider :-)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-17

on a separate note, I'm using artist slideshow, so that when i'm playing music, and i'm in the "now playing" screen I can see fanart of the currently playing artist in the background.

Looks great, but is there anyway in quartz of making the fanart move? I think some skins call it "animated backgrounds" and some call it "pan & zoom"?

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Badger101 - 2012-10-18

Hi,

I'm sorry if this is a silly question. Is there an option for having a 'playlist on startup' like there is with the confluence skin?
Also the 'Albums' is missing underneath the Music bar is there a way to have this?

Thanks.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2012-10-18

not sure on the playlist.

but i have albums in my list. i did it by manually finding the albums folder and using the context menu to add that folder to my favourites. once its in your favourites then you can easily add it in under the music section.

I think i used the "browse" option under music in order to find the albums folder.

QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2012-10-19

(2012-10-15, 17:40)thebearnecessit Wrote: this skin is my fav but its not being developed anymore so not sure how long it will last i'm afraid.

No, far from dead just that I've been busy lately.