Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 16:43)chtamina Wrote: I'm working on a custom menu, I had to add items to the favourite list to add them in the custom menu and now it's totally cluttered. I suggest to give the possibility to add default items, like addons, to the custom menu even if they're not in the favourite list
thanks

Patches are welcomed.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Koying - 2013-02-15

If I understand correctly your latest commit, you replaced on the TV show shelf the episode thumbs with the show thumbs, right?

Would you mind making this optional, please. The way my system is setup, I need the episode thumbs...

Thanks

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - IdahoJudd - 2013-02-17

I have a strange glitch in the selection of TV Shows in the Media Shelf. The active selection box on any given show in the Media Shelf highlights not only the show I'm on, but also has a 'ghost' highlight. The actual selection correctly highlights the poster for the show, the 'ghost' selection highlights a square thumbnail shape to the right of the actual highlight. This does not effect actual usage -- the show folders open properly -- but is seriously distracting. Nor does it affect any of my other categories. Posters/Square Thumbs work fine in other categories. More info available if you need.

BTW Thank you for all your hard work on this skin. IMO this is the cleanest, best possible skin for XBMC, and I appreciate all that you do.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - User 34470 - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-15, 20:50)Koying Wrote: If I understand correctly your latest commit, you replaced on the TV show shelf the episode thumbs with the show thumbs, right?

Would you mind making this optional, please. The way my system is setup, I need the episode thumbs...

Thanks

+1

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-02-18

OK guys, I'll revert latest commit this will get episodes back and will fix blue rectangle.

And thanks for the kind wordsSmile

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - Smobbo - 2013-02-19

Wow, this skin looks very polished!
Looks great on my Raspberry Pi Smile.

I've been trying to get my 'ongoing tv-shows' on the shelf, instead of the last added, but i can't seem to find the right setting.
Is it possible to show the ongoing tv-shows? Like in SiO2 (which as far as i know is founded on Quartz?)?

Anyhow, the level of detail and finish is great, good job Pecinko! Big Grin

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - KevinSartori - 2013-02-21

I had posted a message over in the Artist Slideshow thread asking how to get the artists images to be displayed in the visualization without being cropped. Here's the reply I got:

(2013-02-20, 23:29)pkscuot Wrote: How the images are displayed are a function of the skin you are using. If you are using the modified Confluence files I provide, then the artwork should keep it's aspect ratio. I'd suggest contacting the skin author for the skin you use to see if there is an option somewhere to chose how to handle artist artwork.

I'm using the Quartz skin with Eden. Quartz is my favorite skin and I wouldn't change for this one issue! I'm certainly not any kind of programmer, but I downloaded pkscuot's Confluence files and compared the MusicVisualisation.xml file there to the one from Quartz. Just in case anyone is interested, here's the change I made to get the artist images to display during the visualization uncropped and with the aspect ratio maintained (black bars are added):

Find this section:
Code:
<control type="multiimage" description="Slideshow">

And change this line:
Code:
<aspectratio aligny="top">scale</aspectratio>

to this line:
Code:
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>

This is particularly an improvement for the lower resolution images!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-21

pecinko,

Is it possible to make xbmc/quartz automatically go to the "fullscreen player" whenever music is played?

Just an idea, i think it would make the whole experience feel more polished. What do you think?

QUARTZ - support thread - cpmiller22 - 2013-02-21

Great work with the latest version for Frodo. Just finished my upgrade on my atv2, and it looks great. I really like the home menu customization. I finally have it setup to keep all the kid movies out of my media collection!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - IdahoJudd - 2013-02-21

(2013-02-18, 19:36)pecinko Wrote: OK guys, I'll revert latest commit this will get episodes back and will fix blue rectangle.

RE the blue selection box bug, is there any way to go back to square thumbnails as opposed to posters? Since we're limited to five favorites, posters wind up lopsided to the left and wastes space to boot. The other categories like music display square thumbs and I think it works beautifully. (Movies don't count. Of course movies should use posters!)

If I'm doing something wrong on my end, just give me a heads up. Thanks for listening!

QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-21, 06:58)IdahoJudd Wrote:
(2013-02-18, 19:36)pecinko Wrote: OK guys, I'll revert latest commit this will get episodes back and will fix blue rectangle.

RE the blue selection box bug, is there any way to go back to square thumbnails as opposed to posters? Since we're limited to five favorites, posters wind up lopsided to the left and wastes space to boot. The other categories like music display square thumbs and I think it works beautifully. (Movies don't count. Of course movies should use posters!)

If I'm doing something wrong on my end, just give me a heads up. Thanks for listening!

It's on the list. As I said I will revert it as it was, just busy ATM. Wink

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - IdahoJudd - 2013-02-23

Would I be correct in assuming that if we're using Quartz 4.x in Frodo (having installed from the external zip) that automatic updates don't work? Do we just need to keep an eye on the forum for new version releases?

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - thebearnecessit - 2013-02-24

hi pecinko, how is your new baby daughter?

I am using quartz on android and i can access my andoird apps under the programs menu. i'd love ot be able to stick them on my home screen via favourites, but this doesn't seem to work at the moment.

can you please take this as a humble request for when you get time? I noticed a thread which seems to imply that it is possible and it just depends on the skin used: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145872&pid=1245367#pid1245367)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 17:58)thebearnecessit Wrote: hi pecinko, how is your new baby daughter?

I am using quartz on android and i can access my andoird apps under the programs menu. i'd love ot be able to stick them on my home screen via favourites, but this doesn't seem to work at the moment.

can you please take this as a humble request for when you get time? I noticed a thread which seems to imply that it is possible and it just depends on the skin used: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145872&pid=1245367#pid1245367)

She's beautiful and healthy, so we are very happy Smile House seems a bit overcrowded at moments, though Smile

If I understand that post, it should be possible in regular way - via favourites. Quartz allow custom links via favourites as opposed to Confluence.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - skullmonkey - 2013-02-24

Hi,
I think I might be wrong about this... but. How do I add more sources? Movies and TV Shows are added within advancedsettings.xml cause I have NAS but how do I add more sources?

If I go to Settings/Media sources/ I need to go to Files than add sources. This is ok. The problem is that when I want to browse this source from Favorites I don't get it as library, but as Files browsing.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
G