Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - buongiorgio - 2013-06-22

Hi,
I like a lot this theme, so easy to use, no frills and it can be used by my parents. I am using for it some days now and I have just two minor problems. The first one is about the translation. I have a win7 machine and I noted that in <user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\language there isn't an Italian directory, nonetheless the skin is correctly localized, except for one string in the homescreen (newly added) that is in English language. I am wondering what file I have to edit to insert the correct translation. The second one is a bit more complicated. In other skins, when viewing movie info, I can select the director name, hit enter and get a list of movies in my collection from the same director. In quartz I can do the same just for actors. Maybe it's me, but I never said "Ok, let's see a Woody Allen movie", then go to the directors list and searched for him. It happens that browsing my collection I look into movie details and then I say: "Let's see what other movies I have from this director". So I would like to know if there's a way to do that (it seems that in post #424 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101319&pid=877666#pid877666 you said you had would had added it) or, in case there isn't, if it's possible to add this feature.
Thanks.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-06-26

(2013-06-22, 12:54)buongiorgio Wrote: Hi,
I like a lot this theme, so easy to use, no frills and it can be used by my parents. I am using for it some days now and I have just two minor problems. The first one is about the translation. I have a win7 machine and I noted that in <user>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.quartz\language there isn't an Italian directory, nonetheless the skin is correctly localized, except for one string in the homescreen (newly added) that is in English language. I am wondering what file I have to edit to insert the correct translation. The second one is a bit more complicated. In other skins, when viewing movie info, I can select the director name, hit enter and get a list of movies in my collection from the same director. In quartz I can do the same just for actors. Maybe it's me, but I never said "Ok, let's see a Woody Allen movie", then go to the directors list and searched for him. It happens that browsing my collection I look into movie details and then I say: "Let's see what other movies I have from this director". So I would like to know if there's a way to do that (it seems that in post #424 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101319&pid=877666#pid877666 you said you had would had added it) or, in case there isn't, if it's possible to add this feature.
Thanks.

Thanks.

For translation, use strings.xml from Language/English folder and replace English strings with Italian. I'll update it in the skin afterwards. Unfortunately, no plans for director button at the moment, sorry.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - ClickyMouse - 2013-06-28

Hi! Thanks for this awesome skin! I'm using it on my RPi flawlessly...
I would probably be installing it on a small screen on my car, so it's excellent.

Just a question, is it possible to configure it to enter automatically on full screen music playing mode (where you only see the album cover & data really big on the screen); when I choose a song to play?

Thanks!!

QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 04:37)ClickyMouse Wrote: Hi! Thanks for this awesome skin! I'm using it on my RPi flawlessly...
I would probably be installing it on a small screen on my car, so it's excellent.

Just a question, is it possible to configure it to enter automatically on full screen music playing mode (where you only see the album cover & data really big on the screen); when I choose a song to play?

Thanks!!

I'm not sure about fullscreen but that is XBMC feature and it is not skin specific. Ask around somebody else would know better :)

QUARTZ - support thread - ClickyMouse - 2013-06-28

(2013-06-28, 10:04)pecinko Wrote: I'm not sure about fullscreen but that is XBMC feature and it is not skin specific. Ask around somebody else would know better Smile
Oh OK, thanks!!
I hope it can be done, because I love the fullscreen music player from this skin.

Bye!

_____
P.S.: Can I modify anyhow that full screen visualization? Like for increasing font size, or removing some lines (previous & next song for instance)?
Thanks!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - fantaaa - 2013-06-29

i have to say a big thank you because Quartz is the only skin that i sticked with for a very long timeā€¦
i just have one quick question:

is it possible to disable the Favorites window when you are on the home screen and press the Menu button?

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - darthdiablo - 2013-06-30

Hi, I've been using Quartz for forever on my two ATV2's. Upgraded from Eden to Frodo, and for some odd reason the "dvd cover art" thumbnails is missing for many movies. If I switch to Transparency skin, all disc cover art correctly shows up. Anyone know why I'm seeing a mixture of disc cover art for some movies and not for others?

Wherever disc cover art is missing, there's like a snapshot from within the movie in its place.

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-07-02

(2013-06-28, 15:10)ClickyMouse Wrote: P.S.: Can I modify anyhow that full screen visualization? Like for increasing font size, or removing some lines (previous & next song for instance)?

Take a look at MusicVisualisation.xml

(2013-06-29, 13:10)fantaaa Wrote: is it possible to disable the Favorites window when you are on the home screen and press the Menu button?

You should make custom keymap. Take a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alternative_joystick.AppleRemote.xml_for_ATV2

Basically you would want to remove
PHP Code:
<button id="6">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - skimshady - 2013-07-06

Please put in a big graphical version 4 under the add-on - skin page, next time you update Smile If it's not too much to ask Wink (now it says 3)

Thank you!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-07-12

(2013-07-06, 04:05)bthusby Wrote: Please put in a big graphical version 4 under the add-on - skin page, next time you update Smile If it's not too much to ask Wink (now it says 3)

OK, I promise Smile

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - fantaaa - 2013-07-14

(2013-06-29, 13:10)fantaaa Wrote: is it possible to disable the Favorites window when you are on the home screen and press the Menu button?

You should make custom keymap. Take a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alternative_joystick.AppleRemote.xml_for_ATV2

Basically you would want to remove
PHP Code:
<button id="6">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button
[/quote]

that worked perfectly! thank you!!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - LjStronge - 2013-07-18

Hi

Using this skin on the PI and it is very good!

Just one question, how do you set up personalised menu options in the main menu. I would like one of my addons (TV Catchup) side by side as a menu option next to Movies, TV Shows etc.

This is how I had it set up in NOX but can't seem to workk it out here?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - bigbadrabbit - 2013-08-14

Just a suggestion, to show Genre instead of Rating in Big List, similar to my Simplex mod:

Quartz

Simplex Mod

Thanks, pecinko!

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - bigbadrabbit - 2013-08-15

Also, are skin widgets supported in Quartz?

I can select the In progress TV Shows but that doesn't reflect what i was hoping for.
A similar behavior like Plex's On Deck where you get only the first unplayed episode per tvshow and not ALL unwatched episodes.

I thought this is the expected behavior what the Recommend section in skin widgets does, right?

RE: QUARTZ - support thread - pecinko - 2013-08-15

Are we talking about Quartz for plexbmc that's supported by Hippojay or Quartz from XBMC repository?

Genres won't work. Plex reduces them to 2 but in XBMC they can be like 8 of them.

Skin widgets are not supported in Quartz, sorry about that.