Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

- pecinko - 2011-07-10

Updated first post to link to a new ver 0.9.5

Filemanager and content setting refreshed. Some errors fixed.

Quartz 0.9.5 - Zenshi - 2011-07-11

Hey pecinko,

Love the new skin, no problems whatsoever with it, but i noticed this on the debug log, just wanted to let you know...

Code:
21:22:12 T:88907776 M:118173696    INFO:   load skin from:/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz
21:22:12 T:88907776 M:118108160    INFO: Loading skin includes from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz/720p/Includes.xml
21:22:13 T:88907776 M:118046720    INFO: Error loading includes.xml file (/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz/720p/View_54_Files.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)
21:22:13 T:88907776 M:118046720    INFO: Error loading includes.xml file (/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz/720p/View_56.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)
21:22:13 T:88907776 M:118046720    INFO: Error loading includes.xml file (/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz/720p/View_57.xml): Failed to open file (row=0, col=0)

Cheers,

Zenshi

- pecinko - 2011-07-11

Zenshi Wrote:Love the new skin, no problems whatsoever with it, but i noticed this on the debug log, just wanted to let you know...

Those have no negative impact on skin, but thanks for reporting I just fixed it.

- pecinko - 2011-07-11

Well since nobody's complaining I'll start pushing future skin updates through a repo.

iPad - pecinko - 2011-07-11

..but there is one more thing:-) To iPad users out there

I was thinking about somewhat simplified version optimized for touch screens.

Same looks, 2-3 views, no fanart, somewhat bigger buttons. Thoughts?

- alexdzn - 2011-07-12

May be to add some icons, as: default folder, new films, actors, countries. Simple universal grey icon is cool but special icons are better. And one simple list view mode like in first NOX skin for addons.

- pecinko - 2011-07-12

alexdzn Wrote:May be to add some icons, as: default folder, new films, actors, countries. Simple universal grey icon is cool but special icons are better. And one simple list view mode like in first NOX skin for addons.

I have something cooking regarding icons. Lack of skin engine flexibility in this regard, to smartly choose when do you use one, is what gives me problems.

As for the list view, there is one already - I would like to know some details about what you have in mind - which addons, why would you like it, etc - so I can decide wether to improve existing or add a new view.

- ogungor - 2011-07-12

Hey Pecinko,

I have just tried the new update and it is fantastic. Fast and clean.

Thanks.

- Zenshi - 2011-07-12

pecinko Wrote:..but there is one more thing:-) To iPad users out there

I was thinking about somewhat simplified version optimized for touch screens.

Same looks, 2-3 views, no fanart, somewhat bigger buttons. Thoughts?

Totally agree, a view only with bigger icons (being the poster of the movie/tv show) would be very nice.
But I miss a "back" button, the new double finger swipe is somewhat prone to failure from time to time...

Cheers,

Zenshi.

- pecinko - 2011-07-12

Zenshi Wrote:But I miss a "back" button, the new double finger swipe is somewhat prone to failure from time to time...

Back button has new look but it kept functionality and should be in the same place like in previous version - upper left corner?

- dynaflash - 2011-07-12

[EDIT: Please disregard this ... had an issue transferring the zip file on previous attempt. All is well. Carry on nothing to see here]

Hey Pecinko, when trying to install 0.9.5 via the zip file I get this, the previous 0.9.4 zip installs fine:

Code:
09:25:44 T:3045598960 M:165675008   DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://%2fmedia%2fMedia%2fStorage%2fskin%2equartz%2d0%2e9%2e5%2ezip/
09:25:44 T:3045598960 M:165736448   DEBUG: ZipManager: not a zip file!
09:25:44 T:3045598960 M:165736448   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting zip://%2fmedia%2fMedia%2fStorage%2fskin%2equartz%2d0%2e9%2e5%2ezip/

- pecinko - 2011-07-12

@dynaflash

So all is fine? Should be, I just installed this on ATV2 without a problem.

Please, post your comments about new design and speed on ATV1 if you find a moment.

- dynaflash - 2011-07-12

pecinko Wrote:So all is fine? Should be, I just installed this on ATV2 without a problem.
Yep, user error on my part as the zip had not completely transferred when I went to install it.
pecinko Wrote:Please, post your comments about new design and speed on ATV1 if you find a moment.
Design: Very nice! Only a couple things which I would wager you are already working on. One is it would be nice to have a progress bar and/or progress type of feedback during library updates ala Confluence or Transparency type info. Currently if both video and music are updating one ends up behind the "Recently Added" at the very upper left of the home screen when on "Movies" menu. I am running a bit of a customized library auto update script which triggers an update at specified intervals as long as a movie is not playing. So it comes up from time to time.

Speed: Am running git head with Dirty Regions set to 2 (Cost Reduction) which is more accurate then 1 or Union but not quite as quick. Anyway either way it is wicked fast on an atv 1. As you know with the chd installed video playback is awesome but the chd does not help with ui responsiveness. Running Quartz 0.9.5 with Dirty Regions on the ui is *much* faster than the stock os ... basically reaction time is instantaneous! Its quite amazing. So far I have seen no artifacting using dirty regions 2 though I havent been through everything just yet. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best AppleTV skin for users that like the AppleTV OS. in fact Quartz is much better imho!

It looks like you have a few "placeholders" for future icons in some sections ?

Any chance the weather area will have a bit more options when using the Weather plus addon ? no biggie just curious.

Once again kudos. Simply the best imho. Btw, I did ping davilla on irc regarding quartz ... he's gonna check it out. It should be in the official repo imho.

- Zenshi - 2011-07-13

pecinko Wrote:Back button has new look but it kept functionality and should be in the same place like in previous version - upper left corner?

Yes pecinko, problem is, if you are, for instance, using the icefilms plugin, taping the back button brings you back to main screen, not to the last folder visited...
Also, I noticed a strange weird behaviour on the quartz settings, specifically on home window settings, it doesn't scroll properly, only after a few times tapping the scrollbar can i get it to go down to music, pictures and xbmc submenus.
Also, deselecting the weather, programs and favourites in xbmc submenu doesn't change it in the main screen.

If i find anything else i will let you know.
Keep up the good work and see if you can get the skin into the repo, you deserve it!

Cheers,

Zenshi.

- pecinko - 2011-07-13

Zenshi Wrote:Yes pecinko, problem is, if you are, for instance, using the icefilms plugin, taping the back button brings you back to main screen, not to the last folder visited...

And how about the rest of the skin? Does the back button behave as expected? If you use Jezz_X's Touch with Icefilms, what does there back button do?

Edit: And how are scrollbars performing in the rest of the skin? Or do you have problems in Setting screen only?