Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

keep the recently added if possible - cf125 - 2011-10-28

hey love the quartz skin on my atv2 but please keep the recently added i love the way it shows them along the top, just like atv2 does and is meant to looks so fitting please dont get rid of that option....

- pecinko - 2011-10-28

cf125 Wrote:hey love the quartz skin on my atv2 but please keep the recently added i love the way it shows them along the top, just like atv2 does and is meant to looks so fitting please dont get rid of that option....

No worries, recently added items are there to stay, I'm just adding a check if there are titles in library because otherwise you see a blank space above instead of covers.

Random items will be removed.

- dynaflash - 2011-10-28

Okay well this is really not the proper place for this but since the subject of Recently Added came up ...

You will notice that if you scan in an existing source into your library ... the scan occurs using the id tag ... which means in effect that upon an initial scan of an existing directory your "recently added" will show up in reverse alphabetical order of your source directory. Regardless of the source file creation dates. This is NOT a skin issue but has been identified as an issue in XBMC by cptspiff on irc and with his help I have spun up a patch to xbmc git head (pre-eden) which I will maintain until it gets commited to the git trunk. cptspiff has confirmed it will get committed to trunk but not before eden as eden is in a feature freeze. Yes the argument can be made that its not a feature but a bug fix can be made, however its the xbmc world and I am just living in it.

So, for what it's worth this patch will make xbmc scan by order of source file date as opposed to basically alphabetical order. So you're xbmc library will mirror your source directory as far as "Recently Added". It applies to both video and music library scans and imho truly makes recently added ... well recently added Smile

I offer this here because I definitely agree that pecinko's quartz skin is the epitome of how easy an htpc interface can be for the masses and definitely is the best/easiest skin for average users to be able to quickly see what they want to watch with the least effort on a day by day basis! Note it also does *not* preclude the advanced user from doing what they want as well, but rather makes it easier to do more. Quite honestly ... its outstanding! Kudo's as always and *really* waiting on the next pre eden release with excitement Smile

- pecinko - 2011-10-30

@dynaflash

Too bad it won't make it for Eden as this is clearly a bug, IMHO.

Thanks for kind words. Though, judging by the lack of posts, it seams that this kind of approach is appreciated by minority of users :-)

- dynaflash - 2011-10-31

pecinko Wrote:Thanks for kind words. Though, judging by the lack of posts, it seams that this kind of approach is appreciated by minority of users :-)

Give it time ... as far as I can see its now in the official repo ... once eden hits with it included in the official repo I think many appletv2 users mac users will start to appreciate it more as becomes more widely available.

Hows that release coming along ? Wink

- pecinko - 2011-10-31

dynaflash Wrote:Hows that release coming along ? Wink

Care to test drive? Hope to have it till the end of the week.

- dynaflash - 2011-10-31

pecinko Wrote:Care to test drive? Hope to have it till the end of the week.

np. more than happy to. two atv 1's running xbmc head (just compiled a fresh one about an hour ago). Let me know what you want me to test.

- Pitbull_Raven - 2011-11-01

Can anyone tell me if there is theme.mp3 support built into this skin? I can't find it anywhere. I get lost in the menu structure of xbmc. Everything is so "all over the place" imho, but I must say I am loving this skin. Just, I really want theme music support. Am having difficult time finding a skin that supports theme music and subtitle addon. Hoping this is it.

- pecinko - 2011-11-01

I'll have a look, not supported ATM.

- Pitbull_Raven - 2011-11-01

pecinko Wrote:I'll have a look, not supported ATM.

Oh yes, please! ATM it's pretty much the only thing I can find missing. Nod

I use this skin on all my XBMC boxes... - Tophicles - 2011-11-01

GREAT job on this skin, I love how simple and clean it is!
Not to mention, adding favorites is a great way to have more menu choices Smile

I have a quick question for you though... Is it possible, when scanning for new content, to have the show name appear in the scan window?

What I'm getting at is, instead of saying "Scanning for new content" it could say "Scanning 'This TV Show' XX%" ?

Is that something that's hard coded into XBMC or can be skin-independent?
It would be nice to see which folders/items it's scanning, otherwise the independent %-age isn't really all that useful, IMHO.

Thanks!

- pecinko - 2011-11-02

Tophicles Wrote:What I'm getting at is, instead of saying "Scanning for new content" it could say "Scanning 'This TV Show' XX%" ?

That's exactly how it should be working. I added some episodes recently but did not look at progress info. I'll check it out.

- Tophicles - 2011-11-02

pecinko Wrote:That's exactly how it should be working. I added some episodes recently but did not look at progress info. I'll check it out.

I think I didn't explain it correctly, this is not on the scan when it finds the individual episode information, example ("Parenthood 1.6 - show info") it's when it's looking in the parent folder for each show...

- pecinko - 2011-11-02

Tophicles Wrote:I think I didn't explain it correctly, this is not on the scan when it finds the individual episode information, example ("Parenthood 1.6 - show info") it's when it's looking in the parent folder for each show...

Sorry I'm a slower guy by nature, did I understood it correctly:

You're using context menu to "scan for new content" whilst on some tv show and info dialog says "scanning for new content" but you would like it to show TV show name instead?

- Tophicles - 2011-11-02

pecinko Wrote:Sorry I'm a slower guy by nature, did I understood it correctly:

You're using context menu to "scan for new content" whilst on some tv show and info dialog says "scanning for new content" but you would like it to show TV show name instead?

Judging by your work on the skin, I wouldn't say you're a slow type of person at all! Smile

Yes, you're exactly right, when it scans each folder in the main TV folder for new content, it would be nice to see something like "Scanning 'The A-Team' 35%" or whatever Smile

This way the individual scan progress bars become relevant.

Thanks!