Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

Quartz 2.0.1 - pecinko - 2011-11-29

Keyboard redesigned

- pecinko - 2011-11-29

So no bug reports so far? I'm getting better.

On a more serious note, big thanks to dynaflash and shoesy for catching early bugs in time.

Also, all credits to crookas for media flags and jeroen for network logos.

If you are missing network logos, please go here and follow the instructions.

I will pull them from jeroens repo to keep skin supplied logos up-to-date. We still need a place and moderator for managing movie logos. Maybe Machine-Sanctum will come up with something.

- homerjs - 2011-11-29

thanks for the response on right side menu, I do like it.
I literally have been testing skins for a month before trying Quartz, not sure what took me so long, but it is by far the best for apple tv2. Smooth and no issues, I am using slide and it moves like butter.
Appreciate your hard work

Quartz Install - krollins - 2011-12-01

Hi,
I've tried to install this skin on my atv2 using the repo. I see the repo in my add-ons, but it's empty. I've restarted XBMC twice just in case that was the issue, but still no joy. Just tried to do a manual install, but the link you show here returns '404 not found'. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Kelly

- pecinko - 2011-12-01

nemulate Wrote:Hi that's fair enough, hopefully one for the future, in the meantime is it possible to use a landscape frame for the episode thumbs instead?

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, devs don't think making a script to retrieve season thumbs is worthwhile. Functionality should be available after Eden is released.

So, I had a play yesterday with using rectangle episode thumbs and it would mean having to recode home media panel and even so, it would mean having a fewer items in it. All in all, I decided this is not worthwhile for me and it might be a good situation to take a break instead and start using XBMC in oppose to skinning it all the time.

- pecinko - 2011-12-01

krollins Wrote:Hi,
I've tried to install this skin on my atv2 using the repo. I see the repo in my add-ons, but it's empty. I've restarted XBMC twice just in case that was the issue, but still no joy. Just tried to do a manual install, but the link you show here returns '404 not found'. Any suggestions?

There has been raid breakage on server but it should be solved today. However, since I'll be taking a break I'm not sure about putting the skin back as I won't be able to support it for a while and my repository is just a temporary solution before releasing skin to official repo as Dharma version was.

- Chrisiooo - 2011-12-01

pecinko Wrote:There has been raid breakage on server but it should be solved today. However, since I'll be taking a break I'm not sure about putting the skin back as I won't be able to support it for a while and my repository is just a temporary solution before releasing skin to official repo as Dharma version was.

Hey Pecinko, I found your thread about this amazing skin today, unfortunately your repo is down Sad
I would appreciate it, if you upload it again.

- krollins - 2011-12-02

Hi, thanks for the info on your skin. I'd like to echo Chrisiooo in requesting that you put Quartz back up. I understand if you can't support it for awhile, but it looks like it may be just what I need, and I promise I won't ask for support ;-)

- pecinko - 2011-12-02

Chrisiooo Wrote:Hey Pecinko, I found your thread about this amazing skin today, unfortunately your repo is down Sad
I would appreciate it, if you upload it again.

It may not be what you're looking for. Screenshots in second post are outdated. Sorry, will post some newer ones.

- pecinko - 2011-12-02

krollins Wrote:Hi, thanks for the info on your skin. I'd like to echo Chrisiooo in requesting that you put Quartz back up. I understand if you can't support it for awhile, but it looks like it may be just what I need, and I promise I won't ask for support ;-)

I understand that you may not, but the others would, you can bet on it. After a few posts my original post will be lost in previous replays.

Furthermore, once skin would hit official repo (which is the main reason for doing a skin), there would be many posts asking why episode thumbs are cropped (not without a reason, I agree) and I don't want to deal with it.

Please wait until Eden is out and the skin will be available again for nightly builds. I'll use the time to play with it some more, from time to time.

- nemulate - 2011-12-02

pecinko Wrote:Unfortunately, for whatever reason, devs don't think making a script to retrieve season thumbs is worthwhile. Functionality should be available after Eden is released.

So, I had a play yesterday with using rectangle episode thumbs and it would mean having to recode home media panel and even so, it would mean having a fewer items in it. All in all, I decided this is not worthwhile for me and it might be a good situation to take a break instead and start using XBMC in oppose to skinning it all the time.

No problems I respect your decision to put the skin on hold, perhaps when you do start again once Eden is out perhaps you could add a option to totally remove the media panel?

Thanks

- pecinko - 2011-12-02

nemulate Wrote:No problems I respect your decision to put the skin on hold, perhaps when you do start again once Eden is out perhaps you could add a option to totally remove the media panel?

Thanks

I thought I had made it so you have to enable it to be visible?

- nemulate - 2011-12-03

pecinko Wrote:I thought I had made it so you have to enable it to be visible?

I think there must be a bug once you enable it as I enabled recently added and then unselected but the panel was still there, but once I selected 'reset all' the panel has disappeared Big Grin

Anyway I'm happy now as it's gone after the reset.

- smilyfox - 2011-12-04

ok so its on hold..

- pecinko - 2011-12-04

smilyfox Wrote:ok so its on hold..

Yup, for now. Though, friends keep telling me I should put it in the repo and just ignore feature requests for a while. That's, of course, easier said than doneSmile