Kodi Community Forum
QUARTZ - Gotham - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - Gotham (/showthread.php?tid=206346)

- pecinko - 2012-01-21

bthusby Wrote:Question to @pecinko
Im sorry you dismissed these comments from @akevit so fast. I have been hammering my head over the same issues.

I would not say I dismissed themSmile I always try to help if I can.

Quote:When I watch an episode from the watchlist panel and finish, and want to see next episode after that, the same episode starts again.... I need to restart XBMC for the Watchlist Media Panel to update.

Same with movies I have just seen. They don't disappear from the Watchlist Media Panel untill I restart XBMC. Also, same with Currently Watching, needs to restart XBMC for it to update...

I have no control over this as this is served by script. Try describing your problems in script thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113702

Quote:And this crash when opening the Context menu in the Home screen is very real, and I thought for a while that it was a feature to shutdown... Smile

As far as I'm concerned context menu should be disabled on Home and I'm sorry to hear you have troubles but this is completely controlled by XBMC not skin.

Quote:Is it possible to have the library updating at fixed times and make sure it is not updating while I'm using the ATV2. And also to avoid the update running on startup? It is very resource demanding and screws up the user experience.

You may try suggesting it in XBMC features section. Skin is only about look a feel, it has nothing to do with XBMC features.

Quote:After a long period of inactivity the sound often disappears, and I have to restart XBMC.

Some of these bugs might be XBMC or script related I suspect.
I think the Quartz skin works very good except for a few bugs like these. It looks good and it is quick on my ATV2. Thank you!

I'm afraid they are all XBMC bugs/features/shortcomings and not related to skin.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the skin.

- akevit - 2012-01-21

I'm pretty happy with my setup now, and I'm fairly sure I can help you with your problems.

bthusby Wrote:Question to @pecinko

Quoting @akevit

Im sorry you dismissed these comments from @akevit so fast. I have been hammering my head over the same issues.

I also, like @akevit would wish for a quick shortcut back to the Home screen.

First, see my post here about adding additional IR commands to the ATV2. For some reason no one seemed to really care but the additional IR functions don't seem to be well documented and they are terrific for adding some functionality to the Apple TV.

I've now set one of those IR codes to always go to the home screen, another to pull up movies, and another to pull up TV Shows.

Quote:When I watch an episode from the watchlist panel and finish, and want to see next episode after that, the same episode starts again.... I need to restart XBMC for the Watchlist Media Panel to update.

Same with movies I have just seen. They don't disappear from the Watchlist Media Panel untill I restart XBMC. Also, same with Currently Watching, needs to restart XBMC for it to update...

As Pecinko said this is a script issue, though I'm not sure why it works fine in confluence but not fine here. At any rate I've 'fixed' this by just disabling this feature and creating a playlist that has the same function. I then added that playlist to my favorites so I can just go straight to it from any menu with my mapped IR code.

Quote:And this crash when opening the Context menu in the Home screen is very real, and I thought for a while that it was a feature to shutdown... Smile But is it shutting down in a controlled manner?

I've now found out that this is actually a documented "feature", button ID 8 is meant to call the shutdown function while in the home screen. Here is a listing of the full keymap for the ATV2 which documents what each button does while in different screens. Please note however the Harmony and Learned IR button IDs are incorrect as mentioned in my other post referenced above.

Quote:Is it possible to have the library updating at fixed times and make sure it is not updating while I'm using the ATV2. And also to avoid the update running on startup? It is very resource demanding and screws up the user experience.

There is an addon called XBMC Library Auto Update that might work with this skin, it's a Program Add On. My solution however was to stop all library updating on my ATV2 and instead control it from my PC. I have a shared library via MySQL and I have uTorrent set to update my library whenever a download finishes. The skinny of this is that you can use cURL to update your library, see this post.

Quote:After a long period of inactivity the sound often disappears, and I have to restart XBMC. I have also normally turned off and on the receiver and the TV when this happens. The ATV2 is running normally all the time I expect... But as it most often happens, sound is gone when I turn it back on from inactivity.

I doubt this is skin related, I'd recommend posting this problem on the ATV2 support thread. Before you go through all that trouble though would you mind telling me how you have your Audio Output in System Settings configured? I'm outputting via both Optical and HDMI and it works just fine. Make sure Audio output is set to Optical/Coax and that AC3 is turned off.

- pecinko - 2012-01-21

akevit Wrote:As Pecinko said this is a script issue, though I'm not sure why it works fine in confluence but not fine here.

Thanks for jumping in to help!

I know it tends to be confusing but let me try to clarify:

- recently added items are served by core XBMC function and they should work fine in both Quartz and Confluence.

- watch list items are served by script and script may have problems on ATV. This script is not supported in Confluence AFAIK.

- skimshady - 2012-01-21

akevit Wrote:I'm pretty happy with my setup now, and I'm fairly sure I can help you with your problems.

First, see my post here about adding additional IR commands to the ATV2. For some reason no one seemed to really care but the additional IR functions don't seem to be well documented and they are terrific for adding some functionality to the Apple TV.

I've now set one of those IR codes to always go to the home screen, another to pull up movies, and another to pull up TV Shows.

As Pecinko said this is a script issue, though I'm not sure why it works fine in confluence but not fine here. At any rate I've 'fixed' this by just disabling this feature and creating a playlist that has the same function. I then added that playlist to my favorites so I can just go straight to it from any menu with my mapped IR code.

I've now found out that this is actually a documented "feature", button ID 8 is meant to call the shutdown function while in the home screen. Here is a listing of the full keymap for the ATV2 which documents what each button does while in different screens. Please note however the Harmony and Learned IR button IDs are incorrect as mentioned in my other post referenced above.

There is an addon called XBMC Library Auto Update that might work with this skin, it's a Program Add On. My solution however was to stop all library updating on my ATV2 and instead control it from my PC. I have a shared library via MySQL and I have uTorrent set to update my library whenever a download finishes. The skinny of this is that you can use cURL to update your library, see this post.

I doubt this is skin related, I'd recommend posting this problem on the ATV2 support thread. Before you go through all that trouble though would you mind telling me how you have your Audio Output in System Settings configured? I'm outputting via both Optical and HDMI and it works just fine. Make sure Audio output is set to Optical/Coax and that AC3 is turned off.

Thanks a lot both of you. I will follow-up on asking the script-maker of WatchList Smile

Hopefully there will be a more easy way to update the library on the Apple TV in the near future. If the ATV2 is 'on' all the time it should do its internal bussiness at quiet hours and not flood the user while he is starting up or using the XBMC interface. The XBMC Library Auto Updater isn't working very well at the moment on my ATV2.

Should the DTS and Dolby Digital be turned off in XBMC if my Receiver is doing the decoding maybe?

In the 'Slide'-view I would like a 'tick' or a 'check' when all episodes is watched. The lower left corner tells of course how many unwatched there are left out of total. By the way, this text seems to overlaps with some Series-info: 'TV MA'.

When I go to a Series of my choice is it possible to move to the first season with unwatched episodes? And also when I enter the Season, move to first unseen episode?

- pmatz - 2012-01-22

Hi

how easy is it to change / customise the default images for the main home screens?

- pecinko - 2012-01-22

pmatz Wrote:Hi

how easy is it to change / customise the default images for the main home screens?

very easy.

- pecinko - 2012-01-22

bthusby Wrote:In the 'Slide'-view I would like a 'tick' or a 'check' when all episodes is watched. The lower left corner tells of course how many unwatched there are left out of total. By the way, this text seems to overlaps with some Series-info: 'TV MA'.

I'll take a look.

Quote:When I go to a Series of my choice is it possible to move to the first season with unwatched episodes? And also when I enter the Season, move to first unseen episode?

This may be possible if Siri gets implemented into XBMC. Without it you would NOT want skin to guide your hand. Trust me.

- pmatz - 2012-01-22

pecinko Wrote:very easy.

Smile nicely done. I guess I search on here or am I being ridiculous and haven't even checked the GUI skin settings... (off to check!)

ok checked and yes, i forgot you can do it from the GUI.

which is the xml where this is stipulated? ( i can set it quicker here if Im doing mass changes)

- vinistois - 2012-01-22

I don't have any of the issues others are reporting with watchlist not updating. Context menu on home is disabled and does nothing.

On home, the TV items will often have no thumbnail. However, if I go into the TV show in the library, the thumbnail is fine. Sickbeard downloads my thumbnails upon download completion, and I can verify they are there. Even after a library update, several of the thumbnails still don't show. Sometimes, after some days, they will randomly show up.

In the library, there are some views that show watched status as a radio button that is either filled or empty. We can never figure out which is which - its confusing. A checkmark would be much better, or just show the radio button if its watched and nothing if its unwatched.

I do wish I could use the context menu on home, just on the items in the media panel. I would like to be able to context-click on a show, and choose 'go to show' to bring me into the library view. Sometimes other people in the house have watched an episode, but I am a couple episodes back, that would be a convenient way to get there. I have hundreds of shows in the library, so it takes awhile to get there via the regular 'tv shows' link.

I would also like to be able to use home submenus as well as the infopanel. I know that's a big request and would not be easy, but I would like it nevertheless. Would be nice if clicking left went to mediapanel, and right went into submenu.

Thanks for the great skin, has been our #1 skin for some months. It takes many steps out of the experience, and just connects us with our media faster and easier. I appreciate the simple settings and general easy setup.

- pecinko - 2012-01-23

pmatz Wrote:which is the xml where this is stipulated? ( i can set it quicker here if Im doing mass changes)

The very easySmile way would be to take a peek at ../skin.quartz/backgrounds/ and overwrite default images Smile

But since the easiest does not equal the best, your changes will get lost on next skin update since they'll be overwritten whilst skin settings are being saved to a separate folderSmile I see you're almost as lazy as myself Smile

- pecinko - 2012-01-23

vinistois Wrote:I don't have any of the issues others are reporting with watchlist not updating. Context menu on home is disabled and does nothing.

You are not alone everything is working fine here, too Smile

Context menu is not available on Home. Problem is ATV2 users are trying to bring it up by holding MENU remote button. This calls context menu in media windows, but is used for "quick quit" on ATV2 and on OS X, it pops up "Shutdown menu".

Problem with thumbs will eventually get sorted out - script is of recent date and XBMC is in beta.

Quote:In the library, there are some views that show watched status as a radio button that is either filled or empty. We can never figure out which is which - its confusing. A checkmark would be much better, or just show the radio button if its watched and nothing if its unwatched.

I will change it eventually, I'm busy making Quartz Origins ATM. In the meantime try to think of it like - full circle for unwatched and emptied for watched ones Smile

Thanks for feedback, it's appreciated.

- casinatorcxc - 2012-01-23

I have been searching about MPAA rating issues and I noticed people talking about it awhile back but I never saw any solutions. All of my .nfo files have "extended" MPAA information and it is messing with what this skin is displaying.

Can anyone out there help me on this?

- hammer007 - 2012-01-23

Love the skin.

- casinatorcxc - 2012-01-23

casinatorcxc Wrote:I have been searching about MPAA rating issues and I noticed people talking about it awhile back but I never saw any solutions. All of my .nfo files have "extended" MPAA information and it is messing with what this skin is displaying.

Can anyone out there help me on this?

I noticed it is only the R rater movies that are having issues, they are all showing up as G. Thanks!

- pecinko - 2012-01-23

casinatorcxc Wrote:I noticed it is only the R rater movies that are having issues, they are all showing up as G. Thanks!

Can you post problematic rating i.e. what exactly is stored in your NFO file?